Retiring Soon - open speculation

Guest TabbyBoy

People say it was 4th Feb last year so I say 2nd to coincide with the first working day of the month. It makes sense to retire the products when the sale is over so if the sale ends tomorrow then it shouldn

Since TH, HE, etc. sold out before SC did and not yet retired, I can't help thinking that they may come back.

If it's worth anything, I called in to lego to ask about the Haunted House (and check on my backorder). Knowing I'm new to this and the customer service rep could have possibly seen my limited buying history, I played dumb a bit, hoping to get some info. I asked if the HH was a seasonal item that was produced only in fall, etc. The customer service rep said it's done... and then referred me to bricklink... hahaha. I'm not saying others can't return.

We will know for sure very soon but all the signs are that the big ones have gone for good - only RI has come back since then.

I wonder how long it will take ToO, Red5, EV etc to sell out if 2x VIP points are offered for 2 weeks in March in all countries. My guess is not  long.

We will know for sure very soon but all the signs are that the big ones have gone for good - only RI has come back since then.

I wonder how long it will take ToO, Red5, EV etc to sell out if 2x VIP points are offered for 2 weeks in March in all countries. My guess is not  long.

Not so sure about EV. Before Amazon US fixed the glitch that allowed you to view inventory levels, they had over 3300. That's a bunch at limit 2 and $250 each. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think the Ewoks--for good or bad--might hang on a little longer.

I was referring to Lego shop at home - I still think there will be a new round of sold out to EOL before the summer and that EV will be one of them.  EEE seems to another candidate if sold out status in EU is anything to go by.

I agree--I was just surprised to see so many sitting at Amazon. Compared to other sets which haven't even been discussed as retiring soon, there was a whole EEE load of EV. I'd like to see it gone before the new movies.

Pure gut feeling as with Red 5! It will also have been out for 2 years soon and would not appear to be hugely popular as it never seems to get sold out. Might also make way for new movie sets.

Couple it with the fact that it got 30% discount multiple times in Hungary while other exclusives did not in Budapest's most popular LEGO store. I believe they did that for a reason.

Star Wars is going to be weird soon since they are planning to release a new movie every year for the next 6 years starting in December. I wonder if they will give sets from the first 6 films a rest for awhile.

Probably they won't for the OT, for the NT it is possible. The old trilogy will always be a classic and demand will always exist. LEGO would be stupid not to keep some of the key stuff constantly in its roster. As for the NT we might see a young Obi-Wan and other main characters here and then, but they will have a greatly reduced presence in my opinion. 

I will be starting my Crusade to start buying Ewok Village in a week or so, so if you don't have any yet please don't wait forever. Ed

I was just thinking the same thing...but I'm planning to start during double VIP in March for the first two. If I had your budget, I'd get a couple a month every month from another retailer, but I tied up too much capital in sets that moved to sold out in the fall/early winter, so S&**** is my best bet for now (and in Canada)