Retiring Soon - open speculation

Quite a prediction that TB will still be available at retail 2 years from now...caveat must be available from a retailer (Lego, Target, Amazon) and not some 3rd party seller.

So TB is the new DS... Would that changed my mind during the Walmart Bonanza...nope...I am still upset I never got in on that one.

I have put my money elsewhere and yeah it has served me well (10 AA) 2 more TH, 2 more HH 3 R2 did I miss it...yeah but I am doing alright...

For the investor types how low is the energy sector going to go?  Everything looks cheap but I don't think (insert opinion) the deflationary spiral has legs yet.

I am looking at (RIG)  Transocean.  Looks cheap but how sustainably is that dividend in this environment?

babble babble

I like MRO and SJT.  Even if you don't pick the bottom...it will be back...maybe not to 100 but it will return to these levels.  Just buy it the whole way down if it keeps dropping.   IF you are looking for two long shots...nadl and GST.

And so I am not off topic.  I will be very disappointed if these TB are still out in two years.  

Rare to see such a bold statement as that regarding TB... but I can't say I would be surprised. If any four of the five more expensive exclusives are still worth retail then, it would be much more of a shock.

Also, for any panic subscribers on PS / PC, I spotted 03R5 seals today. Chill and grab more R5 / ToO if you like them, I suppose...

...or get courageous and snag a SOH!

Quite a prediction that TB will still be available at retail 2 years from now...caveat must be available from a retailer (Lego, Target, Amazon) and not some 3rd party seller.

So TB is the new DS... Would that changed my mind during the Walmart Bonanza...nope...I am still upset I never got in on that one.

I have put my money elsewhere and yeah it has served me well (10 AA) 2 more TH, 2 more HH 3 R2 did I miss it...yeah but I am doing alright...

For the investor types how low is the energy sector going to go?  Everything looks cheap but I don't think (insert opinion) the deflationary spiral has legs yet.

I am looking at (RIG)  Transocean.  Looks cheap but how sustainably is that dividend in this environment?

babble babble

LOL...Relax...It was said in jest, but in reality, might not be far from the truth.

• Like 1

LOL...Relax...It was said in jest, but in reality, might not be far from the truth.

ran this statement through the Ed Mack cryptology meter and came up with this

LOL = laughter = TBBT ( a set that hasn't even been released)

Relax = the brand new beach hut or Dolphin Cruiser

jest - a thing said or done for amusement; a joke = Fairground Mixer (3rd time this week the dictionary has been used for a reference)

far from  = a galaxy far, far away = anything Star Wars related 

came back with zilch on "reality" kind of like this post which was also done in jest

Do you ever feel your posts are over analyzed LOL

• Like 3

So... MC The End 40% on LEGO Shop at Home... EOL this soon?

All the others are gone, so why not this one?  I know Lego does crazy things, so you never know.  I think Lego is shifting all their Minecraft to the minifigure sized sets.  I have loaded up on this one since it will have such a short shelf life.  It could be $100 next Christmas due to scarcity, but I believe it was also their slowest selling when all 4 were available at retail, so it might languish too.  My prediction is $70 this Christmas since it is more an AFOL targeted set than the new ones.  I don't think you can lose at $20.  I bought my 5.

All the others are gone, so why not this one?  I know Lego does crazy things, so you never know.  I think Lego is shifting all their Minecraft to the minifigure sized sets.  I have loaded up on this one since it will have such a short shelf life.  It could be $100 next Christmas due to scarcity, but I believe it was also their slowest selling when all 4 were available at retail, so it might languish too.  My prediction is $70 this Christmas since it is more an AFOL targeted set than the new ones.  I don't think you can lose at $20.  I bought my 5.

Set #21107 ?

Yes the game seems to be over for this one too.

Lego is focused on the new minecraft sets (lego city sized).

Yeah, I know, good news then. :)

Just that I didn't seem to notice it was discounted at 20% off but instead going 40% off all the sudden today.

Wave 1 of the Ultra agents is harder and harder to find, especially set 70162.

Wave 3 of the Hobbit too, and the Smaug set (79018) is only available on LEGO Shop at Home in my country right now.

For what it's worth...

Same here in Australia, availability of the last Hobbit wave has been very limited in retail stores. 

First off, I am not going to buy Mech Dragons and I hate parting out, and were I picking between the two, I would rather go the TB route, but I just want to illustrate  something in hopes that maybe we can start embracing the idea that different things can work for different people.

Let's say that someone who does part out sets can make $5 on a 50% off Mech Dragon within 2 months. 

You are forgetting to account for the hourly wage as a cost when calculating returns. Then that CAGR becomes waaaay lower. Meanwhile you can buy TB and just stash it without incurring additional implicit costs (okay, there is storage space, insignificant for most as cost).

Well, here in France from today, you can get it on amazon too

http://www.amazon.fr/gp/offer-listing/B00I4IZ4A6/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

41 in stock, and they will get some more on January 28th.

I hope we'll see a discount on this set (I want one for myself, but not at RRP :P )

Very unlikely however, because there are no more stock elsewhere (only on LEGO Shop at Home) so no reason for amazon to discount it.

Note that it seems to be the same in amazon.de,es,uk,it. (cheapest price has been 96

Edited by biniou