Retiring Soon - open speculation

Makromizer is an investor, yes? And he is telling you what he cares about. So it is impossible for him to be "totally wrong." And whether he uses the terms "maximal gains" or "expected returns," you can see what he's getting at, yes? So, how about trying to be pleasant once in a while, Inversion? I know lately this forum serves as a chance for a few individuals to give themselves, "I am right. You are wrong," and "I have a lot of money" ego boosts. lately, but, boy it is tiring.

I find his posts rather straightforward and non partisan.  

I should be more specific--Chima is dead at my house. My guys have outgrown it and by the time the youngest (now 3) hits prime building age, LEGO will release a new theme. ;)

This is why, in my opinion, the kid lines are only good for quick flips and have almost no long term worth. I flip kid sets and invest in AFOL sets.

Since I have completely avoided Chima and it is going away I find myself desiring the Cragger Command Ship and one of the Elephant things.

You can tell I do not know this line but those two things I liked...

honestly I too like craggar and a few of the other ones that look very much like an animal vehicle... I gave one to my friends kid and it looked pretty cool and detailed.

Quite a prediction that TB will still be available at retail 2 years from now...caveat must be available from a retailer (Lego, Target, Amazon) and not some 3rd party seller.

So TB is the new DS... Would that changed my mind during the Walmart Bonanza...nope...I am still upset I never got in on that one.

I have put my money elsewhere and yeah it has served me well (10 AA) 2 more TH, 2 more HH 3 R2 did I miss it...yeah but I am doing alright...

For the investor types how low is the energy sector going to go?  Everything looks cheap but I don't think (insert opinion) the deflationary spiral has legs yet.

I am looking at (RIG)  Transocean.  Looks cheap but how sustainably is that dividend in this environment?

babble babble

Since I have completely avoided Chima and it is going away I find myself desiring the Cragger Command Ship and one of the Elephant things.

You can tell I do not know this line but those two things I liked...

I thought t here was only 1 elephant thing ?  Unless you were including the Elephant maxi fig from one of the lion set

Edited by Darth_Raichu

I thought t here was only 1 elephant thing ?  Unless you meant the Elephant maxi fig from one of the lion set

Sorry I did not remember what it is called and my plural things was like one of those things from a stack not from a choice of options - this is the one I was referring to

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Maula-s-Ice-Mammoth-Stomper-70145

The Mammoth Stomper

• Like 1

Chima has a few gems if you buy in at the right price, but I would be concerned about the theme going away later this year and potential buyers losing interest completely as a result.  The Chi Temple was a steal at 50% off as I sold all of mine in less than 6 months and nearly doubled my money after fees and shipping.  If TRU hadn't found a stash of them in October/November the profits would have been even better.

The Tower Bridge will be worth exactly $239.99 in two years.

Please, don't scare me Like that.

First off, I am not going to buy Mech Dragons and I hate parting out, and were I picking between the two, I would rather go the TB route, but I just want to illustrate something in hopes that maybe we can start embracing the idea that different things can work for different people.

Let's say that someone who does part out sets can make $5 on a 50% off Mech Dragon within 2 months.

Mech DragonBeginning value: 45 Ending value: 50 Number of periods: 2

months

CAGR (%) =

88.17%

per year

Will you be able to get $850 after shipping and fees for Tower Bridge in two years? That's what you'd have to do to beat that rate of return. Again, I'd rather buy TB at retail myself, but it's not so crazy to think that an individual who was willing to do the work of parting out sets could actually do as well or better with their strategy.

Parting out is a completely separate conversation. I'm talking *** about nisb. Besides if you want to use the party *** out argument yous till have to sell the stuff. Otherwise it has no value. I can sell every tb I have plus probally visit the tower bridge and maybe even die of old age before one would sell every piece of their mech dragon.

I'm one to put my money where my mouth is. If you'd like to make a friendly bet by all means let me know.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Brickpicker mobile app