Retiring Soon - open speculation

Weren't you just saying how much you liked the post about no financial constraints and opportunity cost being bs? Why do you need to take the money from one investment to fund another? you just liked it because it was a nice fantasy?

ummm I donT have financial restraints because I make moves like these. Space, I do. But if I wanted to buy say 50 tower bridges tomorrow I could. Space and limits would preclude me from so.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Brickpicker mobile app

ummm I donT have financial restraints because I make moves like these. Space, I do. But if I wanted to buy say 50 tower bridges tomorrow I could. Space and limits would preclude me from so.

If you have to choose where to put your money, it's a scarce, not unconstrained, resource. If you're choosing between stocks and Legos, you do have financial constraints. Or else why choose? As long as an investment was positive ev (expected value) you would never take money out of it. You would you just use your infinite capital to invest in more Lego.

But hey, if you don't care that words have meaning, that's cool. I'll know not to listen is all.

Edited by dmc
  • Like 1

If you have to choose where to put your money, it's a scarce, not unconstrained, resource. If you're choosing between stocks and Legos, you do have financial constraints. Or else why choose? As long as an investment was positive ev (expected value) you would never take money out of it. You would you just use your infinite capital to invest in more Lego.

But hey, if you don't care that words have meaning, that's cool. I'll know not to listen is all.

Lol ummm what?!?! You're over analyzing man. The richest person in the world has money restraints. No one on this forum dosnt. But other factors preclude me first. anyone reading mine or the others posts know what we meant. But my money restraints are far less then most for now based on several factors.

Don't hate the Playa hate the game.

Edited by hxckid88

Lol ummm what?!?! You're over analyzing man. The richest person in the world has money restraints. No one on this forum dosnt. But other factors preclude me first. anyone reading mine or the others posts know what we meant. But my money restraints are far less then most for now based on several factors.

Having no kids must be nice! I'd have like $600-$700 extra a month to spend on lego if it weren't for daycare.

• Like 2

Don't hate the Playa hate the game.

Fair enough. I just think the newbs who are hearing from vets that they don't need to consider things like opportunity costs might benefit from some real talk.

When ordering these exclusives that were mentioned from LEGO Shop at Home or Amazon, is it better to order in single orders rather than multiples? I want the least amount of damage to the Lego boxes. I know when ordering single sets through LEGO Shop at Home you can take advantage of the promos. I'm thinking of ordering two Pet Shops from LEGO Shop at Home but don't know if I should order together or separate......thoughts?

Seperate... you will get two promo's and two free shipping boxes instead of one. Maybe also some free plastic filling materials.

• Like 3

As long as an investment was positive ev (expected value) you would never take money out of it. You would you just use your infinite capital to invest in more Lego.

False. You want highest expected rate of return among other investments with the same variance and liquidity. If you find a better one you have to consider transaction costs. On the stock market they are 0. With LEGO they are substantial. Also you can't trade with too high volumes of LEGO, both because of handling costs and supply constraints.

Finance and investments is not that simple.

• Like 4

I think PS will not go anywhere.. I called Lego LEGO Shop at Home and acted like a ignorant customer. The guy on the phone was checking production dates from this set in the system and said that he could see that the production of the PS will last till late 2016. For what it's worth..

Furthermore some other connection I have who are very active in the Lego community are confirming this. PS is going nowhere.. maybe Lego is shortening the supply, but the set will be available for a long time. They also say it will go EOL the end of 2016... seems to me like a new DS. It's a very good selling set, and Lego has according to my sources no plans to discontinue it.

Now, again for what it's worth.. it's not confirmed, do what you like to do with respect to this set. I'm not buying anymore at this moment.

Come on Nick 10 Grand,that chicken Feed $20 Grand and you can get Red 5, Sea Cows, Tower of Orthanic, Pet Shops, Cinema Palaces,Ewok Villages and a few others. I will be going to the Lego Store Friday to load up on most of these. Ed

Ok?? You buy exclusives. Do you think all the sets you listed are retiring? This is the returning soon / specification thread.

I think PS will not go anywhere.. I called Lego S@H and acted like a ignorant customer. The guy on the phone was checking production dates from this set in the system and said that he could see that the production of the PS will last till late 2016. For what it's worth..

Furthermore some other connection I have who are very active in the Lego community are confirming this. PS is going nowhere.. maybe Lego is shortening the supply, but the set will be available for a long time. They also say it will go EOL the end of 2016... seems to me like a new DS. It's a very good selling set, and Lego has according to my sources no plans to discontinue it.

Now, again for what it's worth.. it's not confirmed, do what you like to do with respect to this set. I'm not buying anymore at this moment.

Sure, this set can be around another year, but why chance it if you don't have a few? I'm not telling people to buy 20 of them, but any important set should be bought sooner than later in my opinion.
  • Like 1

Sure, this set can be around another year, but why chance it if you don't have a few? I'm not telling people to buy 20 of them, but any important set should be bought sooner than later in my opinion.

Totally agree. I have enough for now, but for the folks that don't have any: Better buy some, because things can change with just one meeting in Lego's corporate headquarters.

Totally agree. I have enough for now, but for the folks that don't have any: Better buy some, because things can change with just one meeting in Lego's corporate headquarters.

If finances allow, I like to buy 2 copies of each new exclusive early on in the production run and then move on to the other sets that are nearing retirement.  At least I have the sets and can sleep easy.  Is it the most effective use of investment dollars?  Maybe not, but it has worked for me.  

• Like 3

If finances allow, I like to buy 2 copies of each new exclusive early on in the production run and then move on to the other sets that are nearing retirement.  At least I have the sets and can sleep easy.  Is it the most effective use of investment dollars?  Maybe not, but it has worked for me.  

Sleeping easy is the best possible use of investment dollars.

• Like 2

Sleeping easy is the best possible use of investment dollars.

Perhaps dump all lego and money should be going here:?

Chillow_Cooling_Pad.jpg

I spoke to a lady at Bed Bath and Beyond yesterday and SHE TOLD ME "CHILLOW IS DONE, WE ARE NOT GETTING ANY MORE IN!"  Get your cases of Chillows NOW GENTLEMEN!

• Like 8

I'm calling you out since this must be a bragging thread now :)

When ready, show us the $10k withdrawal receipt with the obvious things blacked out.

Bragging?! Not at all. What would I be Bragging about? That I'm moving money from a crappy bond to more lego?

saw a shelf of 10240 at LEGO B&M two weeks ago when I was there and when it was oos but still orderable on LEGO Shop at Home, didn't bring it home... coz it's not necessarily my collection. A small X-wing is good for me a non-SW but like planes. I agree it may go any time soon. Just my impression and I could be wrong, it seems less people are stacking on this one. Maybe too many remakes? If it's still there in 1 or 2 months, I may at least get one.