Retiring Soon - open speculation

5 Empire State Building I picked up at Target today have seal code 44R4, making me wondering if they are truly leaving... My BN also has a stack of them (which I didn't see last time) too.

Just checked my target ones and they are 44r4 as well. Pretty late code seeing they've been sold out on shop at home awhile now. The book stores always seem to have these here. Usually old codes though. I built it 2 nights ago and didnt realize its basically the piece count of a mixel lol. Kind of changed my perspective on the set some.

I expect the 66493 Will stop Soon, because of the normal sets are not selling. The 60052 is more expensive than the 66493 in Holland.

Please ad the name (or a short version) of the set when you are not in its dedicated topic. Thanks.

Edited by biniou

keep in mind that production runs from the end of 2014 all out of wack.  between christmas and the large number of new sets for the new year, a lot of other sets where likely delayed.  This time of year things like architecture sets, and other slow selling "adult" sets get bumped way down the list.  We will know more in february, production runs on these kinds of sets start to catch back up.

So just to recap.

Gone from EU and OZ shops are: SSD 10221, R2d2 10225, x wing 9493, 7965 MF, all SW 75xxxx with numbers lower than 75043, 10211 GE, the mine 4204, city square 60025, cargo plane 60022, ,CUUSO delorean and all pre 2014 Technic, 10235 WVM, 21012 SOH, 10223 KOJ, all the little Minecraft cubes

Still standing but sold out: 21110 RI, 10224 TH, 10228 HH, 10233 HE, 10937 AA  21005 FW

If I have missed anything important, please add.

Edited by valenciaeric

Guest TabbyBoy

Strange that Lego Europe just delete their retired products. Looks like a mistake made bij de website administrator :rofl:

Some disappear but, you can still see others when tying "Retired Product" into search field.  It may take a while for the recent sets to appear.  That's my trigger once EOL is official and the initial selling frenzy subsides.

So look for more sales of the now removed products over the weekend as people see that a) the sale is over B) the product is gone

There were some discounts on the european LEGO Shop at Home for the TMNT 79121 submarine but I'm about sure it will come back sooner or later, like the TMNT 79105 Robot Baxter did.

This set (79121) is widely available, everywhere on online retailers, with some discounts (about 10 or 20% off, as usual).

Just to say that your a) + B) doesn't 100% mean some sets will not come back. :)