Retiring Soon - open speculation

Any speculation on which Hobbit sets are retiring?  Lake Town Chase, Mirkwood Elf Army, Dol Guldur Battle in particular...

I've barely had a chance to think about these....

Yeah these are disappearing.  I think Lake town chase is gone everywhere online, I found a couple today in a ToysRus but that cleared out many of the stores in my area.  So It looks like they were only out for a year, and my feeling is they were not hoarded like other themes.  I'm know the haters don't like the Hobbit or LoTR sets, but I think they will do relatively well, and I like them.  

Guess it doesn't hurt to share the following, just take it with a grain of salt: I got a call from a LEGO Shop at Home representative like 2 weeks ago about some orders I placed.

Horizon Express was at call to check at that time, so after clarifying my orders, I asked if there were any left. He said they are all out and supposedly gone for good. He mentioned 60051 as a possible alternative, but I politely declined ;)

10241 and 10234 is limited of 2 in SAH ,

do you guys think they will sold out in 2014?

I wouldn't read too much into that. I do think that 10234 might retire earlier than expected and 10241 is not the kind of set that usually come with a very long production life. But limited availability is quite normal for low quantity sets such as these, happens often during high demand phases.

10241 and 10234 is limited of 2 in SAH ,

do you guys think they will sold out in 2014?

The EEE 10241 will most likely have a year to 1.5 year run.  You can look up historical data about other Maersk sets at Brickset.com

The only info we have about SOH 10234 is that is was on sale in the UK last month.  Most of time in the US, Lego doesn't put items on sale unless they are almost done.  I don't know if the UK is the same or not.

It is worth buying at least 1 or 2 of each regardless of retirement date.

The EEE 10241 will most likely have a year to 1.5 year run.  You can look up historical data about other Maersk sets at Brickset.com

The only info we have about SOH 10234 is that is was on sale in the UK last month.  Most of time in the US, Lego doesn't put items on sale unless they are almost done.  I don't know if the UK is the same or not.

just afraid they suddenly sold out and i dont have enough time to buy or buy them in a higher price

Now that you mention it, Horizon Express was on sale too (at least on German LEGO Shop at Home), -15%. Wasn't really that relevant since I didn't see it marked as available during that period, but could be another indication of EOL.

Guest TabbyBoy

If all the suspected sets go EOL soon, I'm gonna clean up.  I thought I cocked-up last year but, I now take that back!  Roll on next Xmas.

I have a feeling that 10241 will go soon and will perform better then the old one as the bow doesn't look as crap.  Let's also hope that 10235 was only resurrected once.  Oops... I said it again!

Guest TabbyBoy

I will finish it over the next few days.  Leaving shortly for the airport to come back home.  I am in the UK right now.

Shame I missed you as I was at LHR yesterday, I work for AA and could've sorted out a beer (or 6 ) for you ;-)

Which airline are you flying back with?

BTW... Welcome to my turf!

just afraid they suddenly sold out and i dont have enough time to buy or buy them in a higher price

That is why it is good to start buying some now.  Sometimes EOL is gradual and there is time to stock up, but that is normally not the case with Exclusives.  Add a few every month starting with to ones you think are closest to retirement, or just buy the ones you like.  Don't wait for a clear sign a set is done before buying if you are worried you will miss out completely.

There are a lot of people talking about how they are missing certain retiring (speculated) sets - particularly 10233 - HE, 10937 - AA and 10225 - R2.  I have posted an ad in the bricktrader feature and it might interest members that have none. 

Just trying to be kind as it is Christmas season.

Shame I missed you as I was at LHR yesterday, I work for AA and could've sorted out a beer (or 6 ) for you ;-)

Which airline are you flying back with?

BTW... Welcome to my turf!

Man I need help. Did anyone else read AA as Arkham Asylum? That guy works for Arkham Asylum? How's that possible...whoops. These forums have made me LEGO acronym flooky!

Guest TabbyBoy

Man I need help. Did anyone else read AA as Arkham Asylum? That guy works for Arkham Asylum? How's that possible...whoops. These forums have made me LEGO acronym flooky!

American Airlines at London HeathRow. I thought every travelling American would know who AA are ;-)

70503 Golden Dragon is now "Call to check" at Shop at Home, looks like double VIP took it out...OOS everywhere else that I can find too. Would have been nice if it went out a year ago, but it ended up retiring pretty quietly for a set that I think should do well still.

I hope so! The prior Ninjago Dragons all saw nice returns. I hope to see 3x+ return on this one!