Retiring Soon - open speculation

Most of you guys are not making money.  You're just in it for the hunt.  It's fun, I'll admit.  But don't fool yourselves.

OK since you have it all figured out then I suggest you go and start your own lego how to do it website. You have been skating on thin ice here the past few days and we have been pretty lenient with you but it stops now or you will no longer be a member here. If you want to be a part of this community knock off the trolling. If you don't want to be a part of it I can help you leave. The decision is yours.
  • Like 7

On the upside, this "topic" lead to Jaison posting the best video ever posted on the forum, at any point in time from now until forever.

Mathew: If there wasn't money in the Lego game, this forum, and the enormous volume and contributions of its founders and members, would not exist.

It is very likely this isn't a forum you will gain anything out of based on your views and perspective, which you are entirely entitled to. A responsible decision may be to spend your time elsewhere.

Edited by Cross

I think we need to summarize the last 5 or 6 pages. Fallingwater is a great set. So are most Architecture sets. They have no minifigures. Patience is needed. People are not making money flipping the a $100 set for $130. Real resellers flip Elsa's Shiny Shack or whatever it's called.

• Like 5

Any speculation on which Hobbit sets are retiring? Lake Town Chase, Mirkwood Elf Army, Dol Guldur Battle in particular...

I've barely had a chance to think about these....

I believe it was mentioned somewhere earlier today that they believed all of the second round of Hobbits we're going now.

I think we need to summarize the last 5 or 6 pages. Fallingwater is a great set. So are most Architecture sets. They have no minifigures. Patience is needed. People are not making money flipping the a $100 set for $130. Real resellers flip Elsa's Shiny Shack or whatever it's called.

Or maybe create a new thread where members can state whether they did or did not see any Fallingwaters for $90.

FW is behaving just like what I felt and stated in the Arch thread: when the time comes it will vanish in a short period of time. It has very limited availability, and for the past 6 moths, the only place to get it with discount was BN. Other than that the only time I saw it on sale was TRU BOGO early this year.

I don't notice anything new retiring. Hmmm. I think they retired red bull silver edition which I'm very disappointed with. This has been holleman67 reporting with ACTUAL retiring information. Thanks all

That has a lot of sugar in it please see the what do you eat thread for counseling.

FW is behaving just like what I felt and stated in the Arch thread: when the time comes it will vanish in a short period of time. It has very limited availability, and for the past 6 moths, the only place to get it with discount was BN. Other than that the only time I saw it on sale was TRU BOGO early this year.

Correct me if I'm wrong but as far as brick and mortar wasn't Barnes and Noble and an actual lego store the only place falling water was sold?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Brickpicker mobile app

That has a lot of sugar in it please see the what do you eat thread for counseling.

Correct me if I'm wrong but as far as brick and mortar wasn't Barnes and Noble and an actual lego store the only place falling water was sold?

I swear I saw them at Toys R Us, but I could just be really high right now (hint: I am)

I think you are correct. I saw it at TRU store but I believe that was a return of online order. TRU.com and their ebay store had FW on sale and that is where I got a big portion of my stock. Others were all from BN. Never bought a single one from Amazon and LEGO Shop at Home because they never had it below $99.

Edited by allen9917

Guest brickcrazyhouse

I don't notice anything new retiring. Hmmm. I think they retired red bull silver edition which I'm very disappointed with. This has been holleman67 reporting with ACTUAL retiring information. Thanks all

yea it's gone but 4 new flavors to come

Oh, well can't wait till 2016 then. I'm so not into government buildings and I'm guessing Flatiron will not have much detail. Thanks for the heads up though.

There might be at least one other architecture set in the second half of 2015, in about the $50-$60 range. I don't know what though.

On the upside, this "topic" lead to Jaison posting the best video ever posted on the forum, at any point in time from now until forever.

Mathew: If there wasn't money in the Lego game, this forum, and the enormous volume and contributions of its founders and members, would not exist.

It is very likely this isn't a forum you will gain anything out of based on your views and perspective, which you are entirely entitled to. A responsible decision may be to spend your time elsewhere.

I must have missed out on Jaison video. Can anyone please refer me to the link where I can find it?

thanks!

Guest TabbyBoy

The latest annoying cretin on here will soon be retiring.... from BP that is. The sooner we have a paid premium membership the better.

Assuming this is only about plastic rather than people retiring, I think the Coast Guard theme is on the way out (helicopter already EOL). I have a few job lots of the entire theme ready to roll that cost me -50% or less.