Retiring Soon - open speculation

While I do agree that the Architecture sets are great investments right now, I don't believe that they would perform very well with the type of mass buying we have seen in other themes. There is just a very limited group of buyers for this theme.

If I had a list of themes I would expect to respond poorly to mass purchasing - this theme might be at the top of my list.

The people who buy this type of set are a different type of collector than your "typical" Lego collector.  I personally know three people that display architecture sets in their respective offices and they have two things in common: Each person only owns Architecture sets and each person has lots of disposable income.

• Like 4

The people who buy this type of set are a different type of collector than your "typical" Lego collector.  I personally know three people that display architecture sets in their respective offices and they have two things in common: Each person only owns Architecture sets and each person has lots of disposable income.

Sounds like me, minus the lots of disposable income. :D

Edited by teohwp85

These are the perfect target for investors!

I have little disposable income but have the arch sets of places I've seen. I keep a Burj on my desk at work, the rest are at home. If I had a bigger desk....

I believe $90 comes from BnN in store price of $99.95 minus the 10% member discount.  With Raise gift cards currently giving 5% off face value the after tax price can be $90.  This only works if your local BnN has them in stock.  Online it is $99.95 with free shipping.

No. He said they were selling on Ebay for $90. It's only a few posts back

Instead of debating me why don't you take a drive to St. Louis where just about every B&****** shows stock currently. Then you can flip them for $10 profit.

Was everyone as polite to you as they should have been? No. Does this kind of post encourage them to stop? No. Evaluating whether something is a good buy by whether or not it can be flipped instantly is just silly. That's the kind of thing that makes people think you're just in troll mode. Play nice and others will be nice, too. More flies with honey or whatever the saying is.

• Like 1

I have been watching these retired Architecture sets make some nice gains once they are retired. Take a look at the John Hancock Center. A $20 set selling for $100. Fallingwater is even more unique than that. People have ignored these sets and they are all appreciating very well once they retire...which is now starting to happen.

Members are complaining about profits and such, yet I constantly real threads about Elsa and Rocket Raccoon. Those sets are OK and fine short term, but if you want a quality and classic set that will continue to appreciate with time and has low MSRPs, the Architecture sets are it.

http://blog.brickpicker.com/community-lego-blogs/lego-architecture-building-profits-foreclosure/

Instead of debating me why don't you take a drive to St. Louis where just about every B&****** shows stock currently. Then you can flip them for $10 profit.

Because $99 + tax is > than $90 no tax. My point was there are not any for sale on ebay for 90. Instead of saying ok or saying nothing you wanted to keep arguing and keep moving the goal posts like someone who has lost the argument tends to do. Don't worry, I won't respond to another stupid thing you say.

• Like 1

Hey @ all from germany  :)

What do you think about the DeLorean BTTF?   There is a shop here which have 4 pc on stock (39 Euro)

Buy or not?  ;)

By the way: I found last week a 10224 TH for 179 Euro in a small shop in italy.  :)

Welcome to the forums.  Many people hate this DeLorean, but here in the US it briefly went out of stock everywhere and soared to 50% over retail in a few days on Amazon.  It may have good potential next Christmas since it seems to be done.  Long term I think it is a winner since it starts relatively cheap and is a popular license. Don't buy it if you don't like looking at it.  Buy them all if you like it (or buy 2 and see if the others go on sale).

Nice find on the TH.

Good moves of the day:

Picking up 5 of 21102 Minecraft and 2 of 21106 Minecraft along with my first 4 of 8 Fallingwater I have reserved at the local B&******'s clearing them out and 4 more R2's incoming for Turbo flip over my goal quantity, and 3 of 10 Santa's Workshop came in.

Bonehead move of the day:

Not buying a ton of the bat bot at Amazon on the assumption it was flooding the market.

Related to above retirement question of the day (retiring related):

My 2 B&****** have TONS of Minecraft 21102, 21106 and 21107.

I cannot afford everything and they do not have 21105 so I cannot make complete sets.

If I focused on scooping up a bunch of one or two which would you fill up on first and second?

21102 only out of those 3 

• Like 1

Good moves of the day:

Picking up 5 of 21102 Minecraft and 2 of 21106 Minecraft along with my first 4 of 8 Fallingwater I have reserved at the local B&******'s clearing them out and 4 more R2's incoming for Turbo flip over my goal quantity, and 3 of 10 Santa's Workshop came in.

Bonehead move of the day:

Not buying a ton of the bat bot at Amazon on the assumption it was flooding the market.

Related to above retirement question of the day (retiring related):

My 2 B&****** have TONS of Minecraft 21102, 21106 and 21107.

I cannot afford everything and they do not have 21105 so I cannot make complete sets.

If I focused on scooping up a bunch of one or two which would you fill up on first and second?

I think all 3 minecraft are worth it in the long run.  I agree that 21102 is the most popular of the ones left.  I think that 21107 might be a huge sleeper in the series since it is the least popular now, but it might retire after a 6 month run.  Can anyone think of a 6 month set that has performed poorly?

Because $99 + tax is > than $90 no tax. My point was there are not any for sale on ebay for 90. Instead of saying ok or saying nothing you wanted to keep arguing and keep moving the goal posts like someone who has lost the argument tends to do. Don't worry, I won't respond to another stupid thing you say.

Here is the auction I was referring to:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lego-Architecture-Fallingwater-21005-/400824374351?pt=Building_Toys_US&hash=item5d52fe944f

Listen dude, I never said Fallingwater was a dud or won't be profitable.  My point is that it's been out for over five years and can still be found at retail.  It may not even be discontinued.  Those selling for $130 are not making a lot of money.  People on this forum think flipping a set for $10-20 is making money.  It's not once you figure in time packing, shipping etc.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lego-Architecture-Fallingwater-21005-/400824374351?pt=Building_Toys_US&hash=item5d52fe944f

Listen dude, I never said Fallingwater was a dud or won't be profitable.  My point is that it's been out for over five years and can still be found at retail.  It may not even be discontinued.  Those selling for $130 are not making a lot of money.  People on this forum think flipping a set for $10-20 is making money.  It's not once you figure in time packing, shipping etc.

I know what you said. You said I can get them on ebay right now for $90. I just said you can't. Which is a fact. So just drop it admit you can't get them for that price and move on. Quit telling me what you "were saying". I know what you said. It's right there. I can read it.

How do you know if people are making money or not? You have no clue what their buy in was.

reading you both go back and forth reminds me of....

Diva_Battle_Royal_at_WrestleMania_25_2.j

SO let's be civil and let it be.  better yet "let it go".  stay on topic and don't make things personal. 

this is the public warning.

tumblr_mxh4i2zyUn1qdsm1jo1_500.gif

I know what you said. You said I can get them on ebay right now for $90. I just said you can't. Which is a fact. So just drop it admit you can't get them for that price and move on. Quit telling me what you "were saying". I know what you said. It's right there. I can read it.

• Like 1