Retiring Soon - open speculation

Here we go again. "It's been out 5 years so everyone who wants one has one." No. As it has been stated before people want what they can't have so they will want the retired and harder to find ones. People also see it's been out long and say, I'll get it next year." There also are new people entering the Architecture line every year and Fallingwater is one I could see them wanting down the road because it is awesome and very unique. Last it wasn't very widely available and that helps sets a lot as long as it isn't a TRU special. (Looking at you 79004)

• Like 1

Thanks still stacks at my local B&******!

My local store has a pile of these.  In store with B and ****** discount, worth it?  No coupons seem to work.

My 100 mile radius (5 stores) have none.  My parents 100 mile radius (10 stores) have none.  Online has none.  If your store has a pile, you interested in a trade?

• Like 1

As TabbyBoy has mentioned on the previous page there are a lot of sold out sets this year!

To concentrate on Star Wars. If you go and select the products by theme, pretty much the whole 1st page of Star Wars is either sold out or out of stock or call to check availability. Just think for a second how annoyig would that be if you want to buy a peesent or treat yourself with one of these sets! Most of the items are just not available. Indeed it seems Lego is gearing up for the new movies! Crazy! ....and for us... Happy days chaps!

My 100 mile radius (5 stores) have none.  My parents 100 mile radius (10 stores) have none.  Online has none.  If your store has a pile, you interested in a trade?

Still showing up as available online for me. But stores around me have some. If you need some, we might work something out.

Last it wasn't very widely available and that helps sets a lot as long as it isn't a TRU special. (Looking at you 79004)

It was too widely available.  Amazon carried it.  BN carried it.  Almost all places that carried the Architecture line had Fallingwater in stock for five years.  I'm not saying that it won't do well.  But it's the Death Star of the Architecture series.  

It was too widely available. Amazon carried it. BN carried it. Almost all places that carried the Architecture line had Fallingwater in stock for five years. I'm not saying that it won't do well. But it's the Death Star of the Architecture series.

Let me preface this. If you are trolling, it's annoying as its you're second similar comment today. Otherwise I'm going to assume you are in the dark so I'll give you a free lesson.

This set is gold. It's up 80 bucks in 4 days via Amazon. It's not retired. It's a frank Lloyd design. This et will sell for 250.00 by this time next year. Please take a screenshot of my post. The fire brigade is a very hoarded set, do I *** just fine. Tower Bridge will do big money.... Been out forever. The deathstar can remain out for another ten years..... It will do well.

I'm not sure what you are expecting a thousand dollars or something? Speculation and opinions are one thing but when you refute fact it looks like trolling. You could buy one at retail now and sell on Amazon for a 50.00 profit.

As Ed said arch is ignored. If you follow the signs and see what certain ones do with a certain name attached you will know what I am targeting next as a very solid investment and will be buying many of.

You're welcome. Class dismissed.

Edited by hxckid88
  • Like 2

Let me preface this. If you are trolling, it's annoying as its you're second similar comment today. Otherwise I'm going to assume you are in the dark so I'll give you a free lesson.

This set is gold. It's up 80 bucks in 4 days via Amazon. It's not retired. It's a frank Lloyd design. This et will sell for 250.00 by this time next year. Please take a screenshot of my post. The fire brigade is a very hoarded set, do I *** just fine. Tower Bridge will do big money.... Been out forever. The deathstar can remain out for another ten years..... It will do well.

I'm not sure what you are expecting a thousand dollars or something? Speculation and opinions are one thing but when you refute fact it looks like trolling. You could buy one at retail now and sell on Amazon for a 50.00 profit.

As Ed said arch is ignored. If you follow the signs and see what certain ones do with a certain name attached you will know what I am targeting next as a very solid investment and will be buying many of.

The only question I have is I reserved 4 each at 2 B@****** stores by me and they both confirmed ready.  I am not sure if i should get 4 or 8.

It was too widely available.  Amazon carried it.  BN carried it.  Almost all places that carried the Architecture line had Fallingwater in stock for five years.  I'm not saying that it won't do well.  But it's the Death Star of the Architecture series.

Not an opinion I share, but I suppose there are a few people that hate money...

• Like 3

Fallingwater appears to be sold out everwhere now, including B&******. Glad I picked up one to build. Has there ever been a time when so many sets seem to be on the verge of retirement and sold out or is this just typical for Christmas?

both.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Brickpicker mobile app

Fallingwater appears to be sold out everwhere now, including B&******. Glad I picked up one to build. Has there ever been a time when so many sets seem to be on the verge of retirement and sold out or is this just typical for Christmas?

WhenI spoke with someone @ LEGO Shop at Home I commented on how I know they retire stuff annually and a lot near the end of the year but that I have never seen so much going at one time to retirement.  They did not actually dispute what I was saying, said that they knew, and quickly changed the focus of the discussion to they have a LOT of new products coming out.  So I think it happens every year but that this year is significantly more than in years past.  I kind of felt their comments on the situation was trying to preserve me to not be concerned as to whether they will have great products or not but that they are retiring a ton and coming out with a ton of new ones.

People are selling Fallingwater on ebay for $90.  That's not making money even if you used a coupon.  

Fallingwater is selling for $90-120 currently on ebay. Look at sales data before making broad statements.  Just because 33 people have it listed for $175 on Amazon doesn't mean it's selling for that.  And please cut the douchey retorts and use spellcheck.  

So based on what I've read, here is the list of large (>$100) exclusives that are not officially retired yet but are sold out and unlikely to come back:

TH, HH, AA, 4x4, HE, SC, WVM, GE, KJ

Am I missing any?

Certainly R2 seems almost done, but it is still listed as Temporarily OOS so could make another appearance or two.  Hopefully in Jan. when there are 2 promos.

Edited by legosf
  • Like 1

People are selling Fallingwater on ebay for $90.  That's not making money even if you used a coupon.  

Fallingwater is selling for $90-120 currently on ebay. Look at sales data before making broad statements.  Just because 33 people have it listed for $175 on Amazon doesn't mean it's selling for that.  And please cut the douchey retorts and use spellcheck.  

Cheapest Fallingwater available as a buy it now with shipping on ebay at this moment is $132. No one is selling it at $90. And by January, no one will be selling it at less than $150. 

• Like 2

Is it just me or does there seem to be a bit of a lack of good architecture sets B&****** will have once FW is gone?  I know they have architecture studio, and then Imperial Hotel but that's kind of it right?  I'm not really into to 20-$30 price points and last time I checked the warehouse numbers on the White House which was back in April there were thousands and thousands of them.  I guess since Imperial Hotel is a FLW design that would be the next set to stack after FW.

Picked up a couple of Fallingwaters from amazon.it the other day at 33% off. A steal if you ask me, wish I could have ordered more.

I really like these FLW sets, they look great and are quite unique. I'm sure it will do fine for a 2-3 year hold.

I hope we see some new large Architect series sets down the line. The smaller landmark ones don't really interest me much.

I have been watching these retired Architecture sets make some nice gains once they are retired. Take a look at the John Hancock Center. A $20 set selling for $100. Fallingwater is even more unique than that. People have ignored these sets and they are all appreciating very well once they retire...which is now starting to happen.

Members are complaining about profits and such, yet I constantly real threads about Elsa and Rocket Raccoon. Those sets are OK and fine short term, but if you want a quality and classic set that will continue to appreciate with time and has low MSRPs, the Architecture sets are it.

• Like 3