Retiring Soon - open speculation

I wanted opinions on if anyone thinks Lego 75021 Star Wars Republic Gunship is retiring or not?

It came out August 2013.

I am not looking (happy to hear) investment advice but I am more curious if it is going or not.

Kmart has them for $93 with $23 back in points for me, which would get me one at $93 and the next one at $70 or about $82 each.

Thinking about getting a couple.  I actually like the ship.

Republic Gunship is call to check availability at Lego shop at home, so it appears to be on its way out.

• Like 1

Architecture Sets sold out at LEGO Shop at Home - Empire State, Sydney Opera House, and Fallingwater.

Does anyone know where to get Fallingwater except at Barnes and Noble now?  That is the only retailer that seems to stock them for the past year.  Now that it is gone from Lego, what sources are there?

Guest TabbyBoy

LEGO UK currently shows...

108 items Out Of Stock with delayed shipping dates. (reorganising stock to fulfill orders or another production run?)

159 items Sold Out.  (Game over?)

If I recall correctly, this is more than double that of last year.

If a lot of these end up being a "Retired Product" a lot of us are going to "Need a bigger piggybank" to keep all that lovely profit in.

Me. At twice retail.

Ha.  Not until I can't find them at retail.  

With the way in which this sets has retired (if it has) and its almost exclusive status, I would now put this set as my best performing set of 2015.  I was just one-at-timing it at BnN with coupons, but now I feel larger amounts need be acquired in a hurry.  I a have 12 but was hoping for 20.  I have a hard time paying retail.  Crunch time.

• Like 1

Ha. Not until I can't find them at retail.

With the way in which this sets has retired (if it has) and its almost exclusive status, I would now put this set as my best performing set of 2015. I was just one-at-timing it at BnN with coupons, but now I feel larger amounts need be acquired in a hurry. I a have 12 but was hoping for 20. I have a hard time paying retail. Crunch time.

I feel the same way about 21006. When/if either of these go they should spike very quickly.
  • Like 1

Looks like the 9398 Crawler is finally done. Somehow I feel like it's been around forever but looks like the normal 2yr lifespan. Maybe because I bought in too early. I was such a noob back then. :cheese:

I think we all know that feeling very well.

Buy some DS's they said, it will be retiring any day they said.

pzKL7OQ.png

• Like 4

I think we all know that feeling very well.

Buy some DS's they said, it will be retiring any day they said.

pzKL7OQ.png

I feel you bro. I've been sitting on three of those for years. Would've been four but I traded one for a SSD a couple of years ago. Should've traded them all!

Edited by oneknightr

I feel the same way about 21006. When/if either of these go they should spike very quickly.

I completely agree.  I was caught a little unprepared for 21005 retiring because it was so sudden, and I am little afraid the same will happen on 21006 because it is a good Christmas flip.  I don't end the year with many in stock.  The sales below 20% are few on the Architecture sets and not many stores carry them.  I am going to treat them a little more like exclusives and not be so eager to sell them for a small gain to restock later.  

Fallingwater is a great set.  Fun build (at least I enjoyed it) and the resulting model is very artistically rendered.  The spiral bound book is also nice.  But it's also been out for over five years.  

And ignored for five years...as with the rest of the Architecture sets...until it is too late.

• Like 1

And ignored for five years...as with the rest of the Architecture sets...until it is too late.

True.  But I would guess that most fans of the Architecture series already own it.  It's the centerpiece of the line.  Of course that would also help it's value down the road.