Retiring Soon - open speculation

I am the Fireman.  LOL

I would have to find them first of course.  I have them all.

Have you ever had the desire to sell any?  Or was it part of your master plan to keep building the collection until a certain point / timeframe.  Just curious.  To accumulate the mass amount of sets you have without selling a set is pretty amazing.    Have you not sold anything at all across the board or just LEGO (I think I remember saying you collected the old Jordan sneakers as well)

I personally have just always liked to buy and sell things.   I do save stuff as well but for me its full time so income is a priority. 

back in 1999 was 24 and about to be promoted to a district manager for a retail company and was kind of doing ebay on the side and said screw it I'm going to try to make it work on my own.  Everyone thought I was crazy but corporate retail was not for me.  15 years later still doing it.  

• Like 4

I think there are plenty of people on this forum who will help the novice sellers out there, just don't ask for a step by step instruction manual. People have to do some homework themselves and the only real teacher is experience. I think many members get upset for instance when a new member comes on the site and requests a list of sets to buy or the best methods when selling. The info is here. Search for it. Study it. Then ask educated questions. The founding fathers of this site hate lazy people.

Plus if they are that lazy, there is a pretty good chance they will not enjoy the selling process anyway. Why do something you would not enjoy ?

• Like 1

This site caters to every type of LEGO fan, collector, reseller or whatever.  If people are looking for good deals and/or info on investing or just on LEGO in general, we have the friendliest group of members in the LEGO world.   There are plenty of blog articles that introduce selling, acquiring and storing in a general way.  I cannot offer help in selling LEGO sets because I haven't sold any, but I do pay attention when experienced eBay and Bricklink sellers speak of styles and strategies, so when I do unload my couple of sets, I won't make unnecessary mistakes.

Probably worth a whole thread sometime, or a blog post, but do you consider it a mistake to have not sold anything at all in your time investing? Clearly there are tons of examples where you probably could have sold and reinvested profits of sets which have either plateaued or even decreased from their peak.

• Like 1

This site caters to every type of LEGO fan, collector, reseller or whatever.  If people are looking for good deals and/or info on investing or just on LEGO in general, we have the friendliest group of members in the LEGO world.   There are plenty of blog articles that introduce selling, acquiring and storing in a general way.  I cannot offer help in selling LEGO sets because I haven't sold any, but I do pay attention when experienced eBay and Bricklink sellers speak of styles and strategies, so when I do unload my couple of sets, I won't make unnecessary mistakes.

LOL. 5k+ sets counts as a couple?! :D

Honestly. I'm just too busy with real job, the site and my family to start selling. Do I have any regrets about not selling? I used to until the new STAR WARS movies were announced and all my old LEGO sets started appreciating again. All my old Bionicle sets will follow suit as well with the rerelease of the theme. I'm sure there are some sets that have plateaued, but nothing major.

As I often say, my way is not the most efficient or productive method of LEGO investing.

• Like 2

We unloaded all of our 401k and spent it on 7569, and 7569 only. My daughter's wedding, sons college, and my retirement all hinge on 7569's future success.

It's day is coming.

Just offer worldwide shipping to the Middle East and tell prospective buyers that the one guy is the Arabian version of Wolverine and its market price should triple within the day.

And Town square 60026! Call to check availability in EU. I think this is a great set and looking at the similar town plan (10184) it should at least do well, not? Or is this a wrong comparison? 

It are both town centers sort of speak, but the town plan has double the bricks, much more detailed. In all honesty, the buildings in 60026, although not bad for a city set, are in no way comparable to the the ones in 10184 and will imo never reach the value of it. That said, I don't say 60026 will appreciate in value. I built it and use the statue and vehicles for my MBS setup. The buildings itself have some good decals and details to make a MOC from. It would not hurt to buy some of them if the price is right.

Hi all, just wanna ask if you think 10235 is going to be back again or simply goes EOL?

I never had any winter sets but take it as a mini 10196, I think it worths. Assuming there are ppl still want a carousel, WVM is the only choice unless they are too rich.

Hi all, just wanna ask if you think 10235 is going to be back again or simply goes EOL?

I never had any winter sets but take it as a mini 10196, I think it worths. Assuming there are ppl still want a carousel, WVM is the only choice unless they are too rich.

Using an Apple device by any chance?

• Like 4

Guest TabbyBoy

10235 unretired this year and it could still come back next year, only the bigwigs at Billund know.  However, I now have a lot of faith in this set and believe it will do well.

I was doing an analysis on lego shop&home and I noticed alot of sets are sold out and probably retired. The site starts to look less interesting and even a bit boring. Seems like lego is saying to themselves: Yes! we made it! We are now the number one toy manufacturer in the world. So we quit. 

Wondering how many new sets will appear in the new year so the lego site can be taken serious again.