Retiring Soon - open speculation

My opinion only but if you want 70+% in 12 months or less is doesn't get any simpler than snapping up 10235 winter village. my opinion yea, but do some research on ALL of the other winter village sets. Just say'******.

Easier money perhaps. Good for next holiday season indeed.

Mini carousel, little carny booths, lots of figs (con: torsos not exclusive)

• Like 3

I am hoping PS is on the short list. My investment portfolio is small and PS makes up a good portion of it. It would be great to finally have something that is going to start climbing in value, if anything, for my sanity! ha ha... I came to the game too late to stock up on TH and GE so I really missed out there. I did get a few R2-D2 so I am really hoping those get nixed too. I need to cycle my stock before I can start buying up again. Getting started in this is slow.

Also new, but made over $1000 take home on polybags (40058 Fred Meyer honey hole) this season, $500+ flipping used Harry potter from CL and am currently turbo flipping batbots.....to fund exclusives

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Brickpicker mobile app

Can you tell me the reason why as well?

60061 is a beautiful set in my opinion. I know this one was done before. But still it is nice. Especially when you have seen it from near in real life.

The only thing I dislike about it is the split windshield, similar to many other 8 stud wide City vehicles. But it looks quite SNOTish for a City model and is a nice variety to your everyday fire truck. The main problem is that currently, there are hardly any sets it combines with. Hope we'll see more air traffic related City sets in the future, but so far, it doesn't look like that's going to happen in 2015.

Minecraft: Microworld-Forrest, Nether, Village

I believe Nether and Village are gone for good. My order of Villages got cancelled because they have 0 stock. I think the Nether is on the same road. The Forrest is still available but I think they probably are selling their last stock as we speak. These will be winners so make sure to have some.

I'm trying to round out my Minecraft bundles at B&****** since I got 8 of The End on the half price clearance deal from TRU.  I think I'm up to 4 complete sets.  Time is running out though.  I think the new Minecraft sets blow these away, but the micro sets will still be in demand especially if they're gone for good.

I'm trying to round out my Minecraft bundles at B&****** since I got 8 of The End on the half price clearance deal from TRU. I think I'm up to 4 complete sets. Time is running out though. I think the new Minecraft sets blow these away, but the micro sets will still be in demand especially if they're gone for good.

Hey, Village is already trending at $55 on eBay and $60 on Amazon. I think these might be a surprise on how high they climb.

I sold a set of 4 for $190 today.  I've bumped up my listing to $275 and that might even be too low.

I have 12 sets and was planning to list them when I thought I could restock after Christmas, but I won't take anything less than $250 now.  Since eBay isn't close to this, I haven't bothered listing them.  With these all retiring (almost for sure) and The End maybe only having a 6 month run (it's "sold out" in the UK), the sky is the limit.  I figure retail is at $140 US, and they should easily hit double retail once they are gone for a year.  I wouldn't be surprised if a set went over $300 by next Christmas.  The minifigure sized sets will only help these, not hurt them.  

I will be watching both lines closely for signs of weakness, but have we seen any yet?  The original 21102 has been out for 2 1/2 years, is still available at Amazon and Walmart for $33, and eBay listings are selling for $45.  I wouldn't underestimate these.

• Like 2

Great post Raven- it needs to be pinned somewhere for folks new to Ebay selling and looking for a winning strategy.

I agree Raven's post is spot on.  It is amazing I sold off a few of 10220, 10224, 10225 and 10226 (while I guaranteed replenishing first those I wanted to have a set long term stock of) and it is amazing being a TRS how once you snag someone on a sale they pretty much give you the best match box until your buy it now quantity is finished.  I was best match on every one of those while I was selling some.