Retiring Soon - open speculation

In that approach you are correct. But the same stands true for all of the Marvel/DC/Harry Potter/Hobbit/Star Wars/Transformers movies.

Lego bricks came first. Much, much later, they made the movie. Advertising genius, well executed.

Marvel and DC were comics... then toys and cartoons... then finally, movies.  Legos after ALL of that.

Same with Transformers except comics came later. Btw, where did I miss Transformers Legos?

Hobbit and Harry Potter were books... then movies and stuff... then Legos.

Star Wars, in its grand originality, was a movie before anything else. Then came the toys, comics, cartoons, books, and much later, Legos.

The Lego movie, while highly entertaining, served a dual purpose to say the least - helping make Lego more mainstream. I agree it was the ultimate in commercial advertising.

The other movies were made for entertainment value, mostly capitalizing on source material already well in place and highly popular. More products to go along with the movies just makes it all bigger, but in no way are they "1.5 hour advertisements" for anything.

Marvel and DC were comics... then toys and cartoons... then finally, movies.  Legos after ALL of that.

Same with Transformers except comics came later. Btw, where did I miss Transformers Legos?

Still, today's movies are made with the merchandise in focus because that's what generates the most revenue not the ticket sales. They are BUILT around it. Whatever is the source material or what was first, the egg or the rooster. And about the Transformers: it's HASBRO. The cartoon was made to promote the toys. Same origin as TLM.

As a new investor I was a little unnerved tonight when I went into my local LS and saw plenty of R2 and TB on the shelves.  One of the employees who I frequently talk to didn't think R2 was close to done yet.  :(  I didn't ask about TB since I don't have one and my budget is way over tapped at this point.  

As a new investor I was a little unnerved tonight when I went into my local LS and saw plenty of R2 and TB on the shelves.  One of the employees who I frequently talk to didn't think R2 was close to done yet.   :(  I didn't ask about TB since I don't have one and my budget is way over tapped at this point.  

Well, there were cancelled orders for R2D2 in US. It usually add A LOT of significance. There is no point for LEGO Shop at Home to cancel recent orders (unless errors are involved of course)

• Like 2

Wow Lego is short on a lot of stock online.  Pirate ship Ambush, castles, so many sets are either out of stock or sold out.

Seems to be bit more pronounced than last holiday season.

even more excited for next year...holy cow if only half retire its solid gold

It is amazing how much is sold out (hopefully for good) on Lego, but unfortunately for sales this year, most retailers are not sold out.  I thought for sure I would out sell than spend this holiday season, but it isn't turning out that way as I stock up on Sail Barges, ships, and houses as my princess stuff sits.  It seems like a huge purge is happening for leaner product catalog going into next year's new princess, elves, superhero, pirate, and presumably Episode 7 star wars ships.  I bet this time next year there will be just as many sets though.  The product catalog wont be able to keep off the weight after New Years.

I have been stocking up on Arctic Batman and it looks like it is on its way to retirement.

I wanted to ask what people think about Iron Man Malibu Mansion 76007.  I have been stocking up on Extremis Sea Port 76006 but I think all 3 of the sets are getting ready to go and I know there is a lot of sellers but the Mansion is pretty cool to me.  Do you all think it could spike in time?  Is anyone stocking up?

While I don't like the Iron Man vs Mandaring 76008 I wonder if having sets of the 3 would enhance the value in time.

I think if I want to get these I better do it soon.

Thoughts?

I have been stocking up on Arctic Batman and it looks like it is on its way to retirement.

I wanted to ask what people think about Iron Man Malibu Mansion 76007.  I have been stocking up on Extremis Sea Port 76006 but I think all 3 of the sets are getting ready to go and I know there is a lot of sellers but the Mansion is pretty cool to me.  Do you all think it could spike in time?  Is anyone stocking up?

While I don't like the Iron Man vs Mandaring 76008 I wonder if having sets of the 3 would enhance the value in time.

Thoughts?

How high do you think Arctic Batman will go? I have been eyeing that one up for a while because the figs will likely carry it somewhere good.

I wanted to ask what people think about Iron Man Malibu Mansion 76007. I have been stocking up on Extremis Sea Port 76006 but I think all 3 of the sets are getting ready to go and I know there is a lot of sellers but the Mansion is pretty cool to me. Do you all think it could spike in time? Is anyone stocking up?

Thoughts?

The mansion is lame and the figs aren't that great. I think the seaport is a great set because of war machine...the boat is lame though. Chances are slim they remake the war machine so I think this one does well.
  • Like 1

Sea Port is being counterfeited in its entirety (the entire set, including the box - Lego logo, if you ask for it).  I would not invest in any of the smaller Super Heroes sets for this reason, unless you get them for at least 50% off retail.  The counterfeiters sell them under the exact same set names and numbers, and they will be available forever at $15 each with free shipping from China.  Lots of fake Iron Man minifigures and War Machine, in every color of the rainbow, are widely available at $1 per figure.  This is a problem that has only been growing worse.  For whatever reason, Super Heroes sets and figures are far more likely to be counterfeited than, say, Star Wars.  Some collectors will want to shell out for the real thing, but lots of parents and kids will be content with cheap figures that look almost exactly the same.

• Like 1