Retiring Soon - open speculation

The Captain America vs. Hydra set seems to have disappeared from my retailers including the spot for it. Rather early to consider retirement but perhaps it might go before the others from the same wave? :scratchhead:

Lego did once retire the police mobile command post (I think that's what it's called). It was listed as retired product for awhile, then renumbered (but exact same model) and re released. It is still on store shelves at Target. That's the only example I can think of in which a set truly un retired.

Are you referring to this year's version of the Mobile Police Unit? The current model (60044) is different from the last (7288) albeit the difference is slight.

Guest TabbyBoy

Did anyone notice didn't the Friends Pet Salon show up on the retiring soon page at LEGO Shop at Home?

Now it doesn't and it does not have the tag on its page either?

I see that the last one sold for

retiring soon is a meaningless ploy .  look how long 6862 has been retiring soon.

things that have this tag linger a long time.

things that actually retire rarely say "Retiring soon" they just go out of stock.

To me "retiring soon" means - we have too much and want to get rid of some, so um , its retiring soon.

Edited by cladner
  • Like 2

The following sets are retiring!

75019 AT-TE

75018 Jek-14's Stealth Starfighter

9493 X-Wing Starfighter (there will likely be a new one before Episode VII, so I would not recommend buying a bunch of these if you're thinking about profiting from the set being retired)

75041 Vulture Droid

75039 V-Wing Starfighter

75003 A-Wing Starfighter

75002 Mandalorian Speeder

f.png

The following sets are retiring!

9493 X-Wing Starfighter (there will likely be a new one before Episode VII, so I would not recommend buying a bunch of these if you're thinking about profiting from the set being retired)

f.png

If they have a new one for Episode VII, it will be a new design, not the Original Trilogy version.

• Like 2

Jek-14 is an interesting set. With how prices have been trending though I personally am not expecting any gains after EOL. Target will have them for $42 on BF. Does anyone see anything good about this set? It is Star Wars but it kind of fits in like Chima in a modular street.

Personally I would leave all those small and/or unpopular ships right in the shelf no one bought them from for a reason.

Jek-14 is an interesting set. With how prices have been trending though I personally am not expecting any gains after EOL. Target will have them for $42 on BF. Does anyone see anything good about this set? It is Star Wars but it kind of fits in like Chima in a modular street.

this set is rubbish except for some minifigure rarities.

its designed to distract parents from buying the batcave and family house which are the picker uppers.

city museum break in reeks of clearance rack potential so staying away from that too.

this is just the (weak) opening salvo.  there will be more deals coming up - especially if amazon goes crazy and then you can go and get your walmart to price match with no limits since its been widely reported in the financial news media that walmart managers have been instructed by corporate to match amazon.

• Like 2

nothing will ever beat the Millenium Falcon

I really wouldn't say the MF will never be beaten hannibal, It will be knocked off its perch someday. The speculative talk of new MF in the wings could unhinge the current champion, so who knows. Maybe the SSD is going to usurp the MF if it never gets remade and a simular MF does? I'm keeping mine one and only SSD for a long time anyway.

I really wouldn't say the MF will never be beaten hannibal, It will be knocked off its perch someday. The speculative talk of new MF in the wings could unhinge the current champion, so who knows. Maybe the SSD is going to usurp the MF if it never gets remade and a simular MF does? I'm keeping mine one and only SSD for a long time anyway.

I think the sheer number of hoarders in the horde will keep retired sets under the MF.

• Like 2

retiring soon is a meaningless ploy . look how long 6862 has been retiring soon.

things that have this tag linger a long time.

things that actually retire rarely say "Retiring soon" they just go out of stock.

To me "retiring soon" means - we have too much and want to get rid of some, so um , its retiring soon.

It's like the going out of business signs