Retiring Soon - open speculation

not sure I want HE though...

I am not a Lego train expert, but in defense of the HE I have a quick personal observation.... Building a MOC train station with my daughter for our city and was surprised that the city trains did not have doors for passenger loading and unloading (just removable top). The HE does, so I guess that is what will be in our train station. I gotta think any AFOL building a city would also notice this and quickly gravitate toward the HE for a more realistic set. Not sure if this will matter investment-wise, but I am going to pickup a few more just in case.

• Like 2

Inversion, are you sure about this?  I've noticed that US/Canada seem to be on a different schedule than everyone else, but I've only checked non-US stock for a handful of sets.  It would certainly be convenient if all non-US countries had the same set distribution pattern, though it seems like Australia and New Zealand at least might be on their own timetable, separate from both Europe and North America, just because it would be a logical geographical divide.

In Europe I am pretty sure about that. I checked it many times and no difference. The reason is that LEGO makes differences based on warehouse locations. Whole Europe is served from the same ones that's why is the supply the same everywhere.

Regarding the Pacific I have no idea because I never really cared.

Let's bring this up. 

So I just received an email from a local guy who has a Lego seller license where he asked if we wanted some sets that won't be available after December and I have to say that I was surprised to see a particular set among the ones he listed, others we already had hints about them EOL-ing. Anyways, here are the ones he listed:

10221 SSD
10220 T1 Camper
10211 Grand Emporium
10225 R2-D2
10233 Horizon Express
10224 Town Hall

Obviously, I was surprised about the Town Hall, if that one goes before the Pet Shop that'll be a big surprise.

So far we have SSD retired.

GE, R2D2, Town Hall out of stock everywhere. (BTW I think at the time of the above post Town Hall was widely available).

Still have T1, Horizon Express to go.

But Haunted House was not on the list.

ToO, Pet Shop, EEE not on the list.

Let's bring this up.

So far we have SSD retired.

GE, R2D2, Town Hall out of stock everywhere. (BTW I think at the time of the above post Town Hall was widely available).

Still have T1, Horizon Express to go.

But Haunted House was not on the list.

ToO, Pet Shop, EEE not on the list.

Note subsequent clarification. There was no claim about completeness of the list. List was of the sets that wholeseller _thought_ reseller wanted _and_ were not going to be available after December

I'm really hoping Camper is done soon.  Got a whole stack of those puppies.  I really have no idea about HE.  If it were a steam locomotive, I'd be all over it.  It's just so generic looking.  Euros might like it, but in the States we just don't have trains that look like that.  I'd love to see an Amtrak remake.

It is gone from a lot of brick and mortar retailers right now.  It's easy to get online for a discount but I could see this one disappearing all of sudden.  Then again LEGO could keep it around for another year like the Batcave or Power Armor Lex and it could be a dud for a long time.

I think Bugle's probably done soon.  Lingerers like Batcave are the exception.  That said, I wouldn't touch non-UCS Super Heroes sets.  The smaller ones have to triple to be worth my time, and only 6866 ever managed that.  Spidey sets don't yet have a track record either.

My TRU is down to one Batcave and it will probably be gone when I visit there today. I think the Target blowout will be the Batcave's last hurrah.

• Like 1

Exactly, I could see this line of Super Heroes leaving but I also could see them lingering. I believe the Daily Bugle will do good because of the exclusive figs and it's a pretty nice set. If it does linger 1 more year then I don't think the gains will be as great because that's when it is expected to retire.

Batcave and Power Lex have lingered but they both with have nice returns IMO.

Pet Salon is probably fine.  Lego did once retire the police mobile command post (I think that's what it's called).  It was listed as retired product for awhile, then renumbered (but exact same model) and re released.  It is still on store shelves at Target.  That's the only example I can think of in which a set truly un retired.