Retiring Soon - open speculation

Very odd PS out everywhere but limit 5 at LEGO Shop at Home?

Not odd at all. It's the time of year. It has begun. These forums will be funny this time of year with a lot of new users. Omg omgggg every lego set and I mean every one is oos at Amazon.

Sigh.... Yupp. None are retiring. Its Christmas. Noobs.

• Like 2

Not odd at all. It's the time of year. It has begun. These forums will be funny this time of year with a lot of new users. Omg omgggg every lego set and I mean every one is oos at Amazon.

Sigh.... Yupp. None are retiring. Its Christmas. Noobs.

But one would think since I am in fulfillment if my warehouse had enough stock to ship out 5 to each end user I could arrange some more skid loads to go to the big retailers from my inventory. I guess they are not that efficient.

Was hard for me to understand the symbols like TH too..- so many weeks that my brain has to reverse from Treasure Hunt to Town Hall. i am selling my diecast collection so any TH symbol my mind see it at treasure hunt, and MF i think in some Matchbox collection, MS Matchbox Superfast, but..

I'm just trying to adapt myself to language community and i am ready to clarify something if you need. Just ask

Yes, well, SSD did exactly the same thing... Vanished everywhere but LEGO Shop at Home, where it was limit 5 for a bit, then disappeared entirely without another mass reappearance. Lego is like the lottery; hey, you never know...

Wow GhostDad advocating PS retirement? Say it ain't so Joe!

Now we need mscheaf to start pushing something retiring!

Well, I've always said I thought PS would go before TH, because out of order retirements have been rare in the past, and I put some faith in the Target price increase for PS (now reversed).  It increasingly appears that I was wrong about TH, though I did manage to snag 8 of them in brief online restocks.  Anyway, I've never claimed to have an official "source".  It's just interesting to follow the signs and see what correlates with retirement.  Target, for example, has proven to be totally erratic.  It never raised prices on HH or TH (presumably retired), but did on PS, T1, and DS, only to have all those come back in force.  My PS post above was meant in an emazers sort of way -- if you don't have any yet (fill in the blank).

Edit: I see now that brickpickers have purged Target, TRU, and Wal-Mart of their R2 stock...

Edited by GhostDad

Went to St Louis lego store today. They had no TH, SC, ToO, and no AA although they did have an AA display. They had 6 R2, a bunch (full display shelf plus extra shelves up top) of X-Wing, T1, PS, PR, PC, EV, TB. They had a stash of RIs that just came in and were about sold out at 11PM (store opened at 10). I saw about 10 WVM too (booo) but no Santas workshop (yay).

I'm honestly trying to think what sets were not oos.... Aside from like obscure small sets which no one cares about. I think olivias house was only friends set in stock at one point.

That's why I am wondering if I should even go to this Lego VIP event in a few weeks. Is there going to be anything left on the shelf I want to buy at that point? Dang horde...

Hmm.  Kingdom Joust doesn't excite me, but if no one else invests in it I'll corner the market and soon be swimming in my own vault full of gold coins like Scrooge McDuck.  Hmm...  And why hasn't Lego licensed Duck Tales yet?  That show was pure class.  Good wholesome fun.  Not like today's youth with their Grand Theft Auto and MTV...

Hmm.  Kingdom Joust doesn't excite me, but if no one else invests in it I'll corner the market and soon be swimming in my own vault full of gold coins like Scrooge McDuck.  Hmm...  And why hasn't Lego licensed Duck Tales yet?  That show was pure class.  Good wholesome fun.  Not like today's youth with their Grand Theft Auto and MTV...

There are better places to invest your money right now than the Kingdom's Joust.

• Like 1

So I just received an email from a local guy who has a Lego seller license where he asked if we wanted some sets that won't be available after December and I have to say that I was surprised to see a particular set among the ones he listed, others we already had hints about them EOL-ing. Anyways, here are the ones he listed:

10221 SSD

10220 T1 Camper

10211 Grand Emporium

10225 R2-D2

10233 Horizon Express

10224 Town Hall

Obviously, I was surprised about the Town Hall, if that one goes before the Pet Shop that'll be a big surprise.

I keep remembering this post from a few months back....looking less speculative everyday.  Now if the 10220 could just start showing some of the signs.....