Retiring Soon - open speculation

Love 76005 Daily Bugle, 76000 Arctic Batman (build is really nice), 76007 Malibu Mansion.

I've really loaded up on a few others (76004, 76006) but just don't know about how high they will go.

My pick of them all is 76005 Daily Bugle. Good minifigures and anyone into Spider-Man sets will want the Daily Bugle building IMO. Plus the building has a modular building type look to it and to me adds to value.

I agree on Bugle... Usually for Edited by Sharkmark

I'm not trying to sell that set now, I'm talking about other Spiderman sets that I have for sale.  I just haven't seen the same level of interest in Spidey as I've seen for other super heroes.

That set has flown off the shelves in this part of the country.  The stores can't keep it in-stock, even at MSRP.  I live in podunk America and all the stores are sold out of this one.

Looks like R2-D2 #10225 might be done.  Even though it's backordered in the U.S. and Canada, it's gone to sold out at every other LEGO Shop at Home site around the world that I've checked (UK, Denmark, Spain, Australia, etc.).  Cue the panic buying in 3, 2, 1...

i don't think its done. not yet. just don't see it retiring just yet.....

Edited by newbie77
  • Like 1

That set has flown off the shelves in this part of the country.  The stores can't keep it in-stock, even at MSRP.  I live in podunk America and all the stores are sold out of this one.

It was pulled off the shelves of the stores around me somewhere between 4-6 months ago.  I picked up a few that I found at Target for 50% off, but it hasn't been available at retail for some time where I am.

Looks like R2-D2 #10225 might be done.  Even though it's backordered in the U.S. and Canada, it's gone to sold out at every other LEGO Shop at Home site around the world that I've checked (UK, Denmark, Spain, Australia, etc.).  Cue the panic buying in 3, 2, 1...

Just for your later convenience: you only have to check for a single European country because everything is the same on s@h except language/price only.

Inversion, are you sure about this?  I've noticed that US/Canada seem to be on a different schedule than everyone else, but I've only checked non-US stock for a handful of sets.  It would certainly be convenient if all non-US countries had the same set distribution pattern, though it seems like Australia and New Zealand at least might be on their own timetable, separate from both Europe and North America, just because it would be a logical geographical divide.

Not that I just posted that information one page ago... :-P

People don't really seem to care as they did for HH ^.^ maybe due to firm disbelieve (which I somehow can understand).