Retiring Soon - open speculation

How bad and overpriced is the V-wing and Vulture droid set that Lego is is already retiring them?  Those 2 sets are real stinkers.  Anyone picking them up?

I bought one of each at different times from Target for $5 off. This (Republic) V-Wing looks nice next to the Imperial V-Wing from a couple years ago and the Vulture Droid is decent but my favorite is the Guard minifigure with his ol' world rifle which I still funny for him to carry when everybody else in the universe has blasters and lasers. It is strange to see anything so new being retired already but then again I suppose with all the new designs soon to be available, they have to start putting some sets on the chopping block as it were.

what is a pc

Your first post and people already triy to take the mickey out of you ^.^

Welcome to the Forum!

As already answered: PC = Palace Cinema ;-) (non-LEGO-related stuff might also be right ^^)

I have that set...but it was called the Emporer's Throne Room

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

haha! :-) great one! There's even toilet paper involved ***** I don't see how I didn't notice this set before. Must be worth quite a bit!

I will say this if the Lego Star Wars 10240 Red 5 X Wing were to make an early exit it would be one of the most unhoarded sets in recent years.

There is only 29 legitimate (take out misc stuff) auctions or BIN on ebay right now.

I do not think it is going but it makes me nervous that I should get a few.

I will say this if the Lego Star Wars 10240 Red 5 X Wing were to make an early exit it would be one of the most unhoarded sets in recent years.

There is only 29 legitimate (take out misc stuff) auctions or BIN on ebay right now.

I do not think it is going but it makes me nervous that I should get a few.

That's the difficulty of Lego Speculation, the sets nobody focuses on can end up doubling in price or tripling immediately while the sets we all like and hoard may or may not double in 3 years it seems.

Question:

You can buy 1 large set at a decent discount (25%), your storage space is shrinking, you do not want to miss a boat on something, etc... Which set to buy?

Simpson house

Tower of orthanc

Pet shop (have already a few)

Batman AA ( have a few)

X wing ucs

Or other suggestions? Smaller sets still?

Buy the AA!

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

Funny, I checked seals on 10240 yesterday and there are none from this YEAR in my area. In rough estimation, the better the set sells, the more likely the seal codes will be recent, right? (New stock ordered and/or replacing that which is sold).

Ewok Village

R2D2

Death Star

Sandcrawler

Modulars without EOL signs

T1 Van

Maersk EEE

Tower Bridge

Opera House

Winter Village Market

Orthanc

...have all showed up in the area with recent seal codes in the last few weeks...

Fairground Mixer

Orthanc

Horizon Express (maybe)

...are all currently sitting on the shelves with codes from earlier in the summer.

Then there is poor Red 5. Craziness!

Funny, I checked seals on 10240 yesterday and there are none from this YEAR in my area. In rough estimation, the better the set sells, the more likely the seal codes will be recent, right? (New stock ordered and/or replacing that which is sold).

Ewok Village

R2D2

Death Star

Sandcrawler

Modulars without EOL signs

T1 Van

Maersk EEE

Tower Bridge

Opera House

Winter Village Market

Orthanc

...have all showed up in the area with recent seal codes in the last few weeks...

Fairground Mixer

Orthanc

Horizon Express (maybe)

...are all currently sitting on the shelves with codes from earlier in the summer.

Then there is poor Red 5. Craziness!

I don't think it is going but that is just me making me want to get 3 of them for safe measure.

That's the difficulty of Lego Speculation, the sets nobody focuses on can end up doubling in price or tripling immediately while the sets we all like and hoard may or may not double in 3 years it seems.

Look at how many sold in last 40-60-90 days. I don't think this set will appreciate to what we would want. Were it not for resellers effect this set would have already been marked down for 50off like b-wing but alas ...

i wouldn't touch this unless it's significantly discounted for reselling purpose. I do own one for my personal collection.

Edited by newbie77

Friends series 5 pets are now SOLD out on LEGO Shop at Home

I know this caught you all by surprise

That's not surprising at all. :) Friends pets, Lego minifigs and Mixels are great to add in cart to get free shipping and/or freebie.

Edited by biniou

I think most of us know/believe that the current superhero sets will be retired (power armor lex will live forever), and interested to have a few thoughts that aren't GE HH SC etc related, lol

the Iron man 3 sets are likely to never be reproduced, but I can't see the Mandarin or Killian popping much at all deadpool style in the minifig market

I like 76002 probably best and think might be one of the better performers, no other wolverine/magneto/storm/cyclops out there or sentinals

I think the batman ones (arctic, bat vs bane, etc) are interesting in that there is a never ending supply of batman lego, but all seem to do well on retirement

on a side note, pretty sure the chima legend beasts are going to poof sooner than later, and selling 5 packs of complete sets could be great when they do finally die

Love 76005 Daily Bugle, 76000 Arctic Batman (build is really nice), 76007 Malibu Mansion.

I've really loaded up on a few others (76004, 76006) but just don't know about how high they will go.

My pick of them all is 76005 Daily Bugle. Good minifigures and anyone into Spider-Man sets will want the Daily Bugle building IMO. Plus the building has a modular building type look to it and to me adds to value.

Some of these sets have already been around too long, especially IM3 and MOS movie based sets that very few seem interested in now. The first round of Superheroes sets that effectively retired last year will probably perform better. There are some great sets coming out in this theme, but my fear is that LEGO will keep them in production for 3 years (Batcave & Power Armor Lex) instead of the normal 2 year cycle.

Most of the 76000-09 are long gone off store shelves and online only. TRU have the biggest selection left but we all know their prices are crazy. Daily Bugle at TRU is $66.99. I picked some up and price matched at $39.99 but had to get manager override because price difference was so extreme. How many superhero sets can they have going at once? IMO when the new sets start to appear Lego will do a quick retirement sweep of many older sets.

The Riddler Chase appeals to me personally, has The Flash going for it (for now at least), doesn't appear to be sitting on shelves as much as the other sets in my area, and now that Walmart has Joker Steamroller discounted, is the only set I haven't seen on sale anywhere.

Doubt it's got Deadpool potential (nothing in the line is likely to repeat that performance, imho, now that the popularity is soaring), but it seems like some good signs are present for significant appreciation.

There seem to be some really random set designs in the non-movie superhero sets, but this one has universal appeal nonetheless. Along those lines, I kind of agree with the Daily Bugle comments, too.