Retiring Soon - open speculation

I am going to grab a mini stack of Olivia's houses. The $55 has been sitting there too long, and with Emma's house coming out next year it will be poof

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Brickpicker mobile app

I'm hoping it doesn't make it until Christmas. This has been the longest bloody dragged out set from the first Friends waves...it is time for it to die.  I foolishly though the Summer Riding Camp would be the longest lasting...

I'm hoping it doesn't make it until Christmas. This has been the longest bloody dragged out set from the first Friends waves...it is time for it to die. I foolishly though the Summer Riding Camp would be the longest lasting...

The Emma house next year will kill it if it's not dead by then

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Brickpicker mobile app

Question:

You can buy 1 large set at a decent discount (25%), your storage space is shrinking, you do not want to miss a boat on something, etc... Which set to buy?

Simpson house

Tower of orthanc

Pet shop (have already a few)

Batman AA ( have a few)

X wing ucs

Or other suggestions? Smaller sets still?

Question:

You can buy 1 large set at a decent discount (25%), your storage space is shrinking, you do not want to miss a boat on something, etc... Which set to buy?

Simpson house

Tower of orthanc

Batman AA ( have a few)

X wing ucs

Most logical choice would be Tower of Orthanc. But I have 0 in inventory since the set doesn't interest me. I personally would go for the modular. My favourite is the X-wing.

Question:

Simpson house

Tower of orthanc

Batman AA ( have a few)

X wing ucs

Those are all great choices. For 25% discount I would buy them all and make space for them.

Difficult gamble here, my first thought also would be the ToO, since I give Simpsons and PS (as well as R2D2 and the DS) some more time on the shelves.

AA and X-Wing also are nice to have but they would not be my priority.

Other smaller sets: An unexpected gathering, Battle at the black gate, Mirkwood Elve Army and this other thingy where I forgot the name with those wargs(big dog-like creatures), Ecto-1, DeLorean and I've heard that Mixels are quite a big deal... but personally I don't invest in them.

Probably I'd take the ToO or 2x unexpected gathering. Would hate to miss out on the other sets though ;-)

Question:

Simpson house

Tower of orthanc

Batman AA ( have a few)

X wing ucs

For me ToOrthanc

I've two...could be EOL soon...

Last Dec we saw Heartlake Vet and Stable go and they have both done very well. I'm not seeing a big winner from friends go this Dec. Olivia could but it's been around a long time, it will do ok but I don't see triple in the first year like the vet. I think the cruiser will stick another year, it's only 18 months old. Am I sleeping on a big friends retirement? 

The cheapest Heartlake Vet on amazon right now is 139.99 This set could be had last fall for $35. Was a better investment than the mars rover (so far) and way easier to get. Don't sleep on friends my friends  :cheese:

• Like 1

Ebay is pushing 110 with shipping with next resistance for vet at 115

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Brickpicker mobile app

Yea ebay is always a bit cheaper than amazon on nearly everything. Buyers there are much more savvy. Amazon is more parents buying for kids, ebayers are buying for themselves. 

Last Dec we saw Heartlake Vet and Stable go and they have both done very well. I'm not seeing a big winner from friends go this Dec. Olivia could but it's been around a long time, it will do ok but I don't see triple in the first year like the vet. I think the cruiser will stick another year, it's only 18 months old. Am I sleeping on a big friends retirement? 

The cheapest Heartlake Vet on amazon right now is 139.99 This set could be had last fall for $35. Was a better investment than the mars rover (so far) and way easier to get. Don't sleep on friends my friends  :cheese:

Yeah but for every vet I sell, I sell 4 rovers. Rovers move faster so is the vet really a better investment?
  • Like 1

The vet is moving now. Rover may sell better year round but the vet will sell a ton the next six weeks. 

What's the going price on the Mars Rover right now?  I'm trying to figure out when to offload mine.

Nevermind, there's still meat left on this bone.  It's only around $100 on Amazon right now.

Yes you are sleeping on a big retirement, but we won't know what it is until this time next year.  

The Summer Riding Camp is still available in the wild at some TRUs. I think it will see a nice bump in price over the holidays. I think the jungle theme might be popular now but doesn't really fit in with Heartlake well so I'm not really interested in stocking up on them. Instead I'm targeting the shops that might EOL this fall. I think the downtown bakery and pool are good bets. 2015 Friends sets look like they are returning to shops, too. I like the beauty salon. I'd also start trying to get the juice bar, news van thingy and beach house at a good discount now for next holiday.

Oooh, I forgot I also like Heartlake high - I look for this at a discount whenever possible.