Retiring Soon - open speculation

I'm looking forward to a year from now as the last months of 2014 is making my cerebrum hurt.

This thread makes my head hurt.

If people would just to half as much reading as possible repeating questions and speculation this thread would be half the length.

Someone speculates or asks a question. Ten people chime in. New person asks same question or speculates..... Repeat.

Everyone has know for months that we'd be getting October Double points, AND a great exclusive, so people have been saving up their pennies to load up on exclusives this October.

Predictably, tons of sets have gone out of stock.

These sets KEEP coming back into stock, yet get scooped up because people assume these sets are now showing "The Signs" of retirement.

When these sets ship from these retailers. (almost ALL retailers, mind you) they even have Date Stamps from within the last 2-3 weeks. So they're still being produced. These aren't factory finds from 2013, like we saw with the SSD back in April.

I think everyone is interpreting resellers (and regular customers) stocking up during the best promo of the year for early retirement. I could see the Town Hall continually coming back into stock throughout the holidays and if they do finally 'catch up' to demand, imagine the amount of returns resellers will FLOOD retailers with.

Just my opin.

And perhaps THAT is the something Wicked this way coming. 

• Like 1

I think the early (or perceived early) retirement of some pretty prominent exclusives is what Ed was referring to. I am sure his source was not thrilled at what happened with TH so Ed is keeping mum on the rest save for some cryptic comments.

• Like 1

Everyone has know for months that we'd be getting October Double points, AND a great exclusive, so people have been saving up their pennies to load up on exclusives this October.

These sets KEEP coming back into stock, yet get scooped up because people assume these sets are now showing "The Signs" of retirement.

When these sets ship from these retailers. (almost ALL retailers, mind you) they even have Date Stamps from within the last 2-3 weeks. So they're still being produced. These aren't factory finds from 2013, like we saw with the SSD back in April.

I think everyone is interpreting resellers (and regular customers) stocking up during the best promo of the year for early retirement. I could see the Town Hall continually coming back into stock throughout the holidays and if they do finally 'catch up' to demand, imagine the amount of returns resellers will FLOOD retailers with.

Just my opin.

Just my opin.

Town Hall was already showing signs before double vip + Lego employees, albeit we take their statements with a grain of salt, have more or less confirmed it was going.

• Like 1

Another discussion with a Lego GM today. He relayed, with certainty, his store would not be receiving anymore TH this year. It is all speculative until the Retirement badge is up, but... It's getting hard to find evidence it isn't now or never on the TH.

I am three short of my TH acquisition goal; if I can't get them at MSRP I will pay the three hundred plus to get them. This is the only set currently I would pay more than MSRP for. I believe in three years anyone would gladly have paid $325 to acquire this one. It is going to be a big winner.

I was thinking about just picking up 1 each for my collection but I haven't seen a great discount on them and the sets and figs are horrible. The vulture droid set barely has a real minifig. Maybe Lego will realize they should stop making all these remakes.

that is my plan unless I can find them at a steep discount

You should buy gold and silver with the second mortgage proceeds. Last 14 years from new millenium gold up 330% s&p up 39% assuming one held through both major crashes(which most didn't). Derail over carry on. Lots retiring money to be made, 1st quarter 2015 it will all be in the history books. Winning and loosing investors yet to be determined.

You should buyt gold and silver with the second mortgage proceeds. Last 14 years from new millenium gold up 330% s&p up 39% assuming one held through both major crashes(which most didn't). Derail over carry on. Lots retiring money to be made, 1st quarter 2015 it will all be in the history books. Winneing and loosing investors yet to be determined.

for those investors who bought in last 3 years been may have lost their shirts and pant. may be they will soon lose their under-garments too....

lets see what brings those investors in 14 years i.e. 2012-> 2026 :)