Retiring Soon - open speculation

What does sold out mean. Last production run and retired later, or if it's still desired they can be sold again?

Some say, there is a magic batch kept to sell at Halloween. I say its wishful thinking. I truely believe the hopes of getting this set even at retail will be a very slim to non-existant. That is sold out. But because Lego probably said "we will retire it officially on xxx date", it's not officially marked as retired yet.

No tag but sold out. both local stores dont have it on the shelves anymore and both told me they dont get any since months, online its sold out too LEGO Shop at Home europe.

Talking about 21103 bttf

Edited by unholy

Guest TabbyBoy

Sorry, until Lego marks it retired product, it simply is not so. If you are looking for more during sold out period they can come in and out of stock. It will be officially "done" when it says "retired product". Until then it is all speculation.

Unless it comes out of retirement like the Winter Village Market did ;-)

A useless post that I wanted to share. :imsohappy::crazy:

About modulars...

I checked a price comparator for online (big) french retailers, like TRU or amazon.

I searched for RRP prices (availibility on lego shop isn't included), here is the availibility of the...

2014 - 10243 PR:

5 retailers (it seems logical to me)

2013 - 10232 PC:

3 retailers (seems odd)

2012 - 10224 TH:

3 retailers (seems logical)

2011 - 10218 PS:

6 retailers (it's really odd)

2010 - 10211 GE:

3 retailers (seems logical)

2009 - 10197 FB:

0 retailers (it's logical)

Unfortunately I have no clue about their stocks.

My conclusion is that we can conclude nothing. :umnik:

I warned you that it was useless ! :crazy:

king156, on 21 Oct 2014 - 12:14 AM, said:snapback.png

Is 10220 going this year

Dont think so, they manager @ my store told me one morr year for t1 and tb

What I like most are posts where somebody just says something without giving as much as a clue concerning why they think something will retire.

I mean seriously can you not at least post your thought process, sources, etc.

Even saying the store manager said is something that gives us a clue why you think that way. Or somethink like "it's been out there for... compared to other sets of that kind..."

For me it's really dissatisfying to read a post like "xyz is retiring this year, point". I usually just skip them but this time I felt like commenting on it.

king156, on 21 Oct 2014 - 12:14 AM, said:snapback.png

For me it's really dissatisfying to read a post like "xyz is retiring this year, point". I usually just skip them but this time I felt like commenting on it.

For me, it's really dissatisfying reading posts where the the author makes a 'Glad I bought...' or 'Glad I sold...' comment.  There are a lot of those posts out there, too.

Edited by ericb

All seems normal to me?

Ok here is why I think it's odd:

2013 - 10232 PC:

3 retailers (seems odd because it's not that old but ok I admit it can be normal.

2011 - 10218 PS:

6 retailers (it's really odd because it's the most available modular set, even more than the PR, and at the same time there are two times more retailers for this 2011 set compared to 2010 (GE) and 2012 (TH) sets.

As I said I have no clue about stocks so it certainly means nothing :) but I still think that it's odd for a retailer to have some PS but not some TH ("the fat woman is walking alone..." I repeat: "the fat woman is walking alone...").

BTW about something completely different, some sets on LEGO Shop at Home are "available November 4th" (PS) and some "November 6th" (GE and TH). I wonder what could it mean (another production run ? "the fat woman is walking alone..." I repeat...)

The t1 is never sold out im europe there are no backorders and the tb and t1 is in the xmas catalog....

Th not ;)

The Delorean is in the catalog and it's sold out (it was on backorder few days ago) on LEGO Shop at Home. So you think it will come back because it is in the catalog ? I'm not sure about it. :dontknow:

No as i wrote in the 21103 i think bttf is done and maybe lego didnt thought it will sell so quick? The catalog is produced month ago ;) and bttf was a shelveswarmer till the last weeks.

U can walk in a lego store in austria and buy plenty of t1 and tb

They never ran out of stock.... But bttf 2 or 3 weeks ago not available in stores and then sold out, came back, sold out again LEGO Shop at Home....