Retiring Soon - open speculation

I think everyone also needs a reminder that about a month ago it was reported all over the news that there was an expected Lego shortage this holiday season. 

Do you have a source for this? I don't remember hearing about it. I did a Google search, but all I found were a few articles about small independent toy stores in Canada will be short, nothing about a wider shortage.

Reselling is a lot more fun and less stress when you have a large amount of funds available. This advice (which is great) does not work so well when you have say just $500 to play with. Make that $5,000 or better yet $50,000 then this game gets a lot easier.

Speaking of large funds, I assume many here have retirements accounts. Don't look at them anytime soon, you will will you cashed out and dumped it in SSDs.

In doling out advice, some here tend to forget what it's like to not have a large capital base to work from.  

• Like 2

Can someone here tell us a Lego reselling success story in which they started with only $500.

Not a success story per say, but once upon a time I bought about 30 new Lloyd ZX spinners for about $350 and QF them for $25-$30 + shipping each before Christmas season ended :money:

I used the proceed to buy DA and regretted not buying Hogwarts Castles ever since :D :D :D

Can someone here tell us a Lego reselling success story in which they started with only $500.

As a poor indian boy from an immigrant family I used to work for minimal wage as a waiter and managed to put 500$ aside.

One night I had the idea to start investing into LEGO products so I took all of my savings and bought some used chunks on ebay, cleaned and sorted the pieces just to resell them piece for piece and made some decent money that way.

After a while I could quit my waiter job and even had to employ other people because the selling went on and on and on...

Today I have 15 employees and we make about 1 million $ each year with only selling bricks.

And I invest happily ever after...

(There's your success "story" ^.^ )

But seriously, I've read about somebody who started out with 1000

• Like 1

Back to topic...

In my travels I regularly visit nine Lego B&M stores. Of all those, only one has seen a fresh shipment of the Horizon Express in many months, and only two of the nine stores have the train in stock (Mission Viejo, CA down to a few rough boxes and Legoland CA has a fresher batch).

Based on its release date, lack of shipment presence, limit of 2 online, and that our BP Hoard is yet to devour what remains- I believe there is enough evidence that the train is movin' on.

Back to topic...

In my travels I regularly visit nine Lego B&M stores. Of all those, only one has seen a fresh shipment of the Horizon Express in many months, and only two of the nine stores have the train in stock (Mission Viejo, CA down to a few rough boxes and Legoland CA has a fresher batch).

Based on its release date, lack of shipment presence, limit of 2 online, and that our BP Hoard is yet to devour what remains- I believe there is enough evidence that the train is movin' on.

Wondering how long the $156 HE at TRU keeps it alive.

• Like 1

by now and dec lot of exclusives will go out of stock. will they be replaced or not will be the key. :D

i am not going to be surprised if by nov end all of exclusives are out of stock. call it a new BP'er phenomenon. there is lot of people hoarding sets for investment purpose and there is no way TLG can fulfill that demand

Sets that are 18-24 months old by the end of the year will either sell out from Lego shop at home by Christmas day(oct-dec), then Lego have a holiday sale and those set are also retired, retailers may or may not have stock of these sets up to August the following year, they will clear them by then you have opportunities to by retired sets still at huge discounts but obviously they would be classed as under performers, but in reality 1% of Lego products lose value.

Some sets stay around for ever, x-wing is coming up to 3 years as is the batcave in the U.S, exclusives.

Edited by glenbart
  • Like 1