Retiring Soon - open speculation

I have got 6 GEs do you think they will retire before xmas realistically

I don't think that they will be officially retired before Christmas, but I do think that the GE will be OOS everywhere and the only place to buy it will be from sellers on eBay, Amazon, Bricklink, etc..

• Like 1

The UK eBay price lurched upwards for the first time last month (August ), it's now just above RRP.

Still widely available, I ordered one yesterday and it's already been shipped. This will be my last, moving onto the PS now, unless I can get one at a significant discount.

Guest TabbyBoy

If you order two GE's together they tend to come in the original shipping box inside the larger standard Lego shipping box so very safe and secure.

I've never had any modular ordered in pairs arrive in their proper outer box.  The only sets for me being 2x Simpsons Houses that'll be kept in that box and sold as a pair.

I've been a fan of the Batcave as my go to set for double points now that they are available at Lego. Good time IMO to order 2 at a time or pair this with a $30 set to get the freebie set. Staying away from the modulars and going heavy on this one as I think it will be done soon.

I've been a fan of the Batcave as my go to set for double points now that they are available at Lego. Good time IMO to order 2 at a time or pair this with a $30 set to get the freebie set. Staying away from the modulars and going heavy on this one as I think it will be done soon.

Just keep in mind that there are a lots of investors bought the batcaves with at least %20 to %30 discount. It's a great set but you gotta to patient with a higher buy in price.

I've been to the official Lego store in Belgium today. There where no. GE, TH and HH anymore.

The salesmanager said this 3 sets will go eol !!! And he didn't expect these sets back in store again only if Lego has some leftovers to sell for the holidays.

I askes him about the pet shop his anwser was that he had plenty of them in stock en it will not go on retirement, but r2 and death star will defenitly go next year he said.

I know it's just a story like many others from a lego store manager, time will tell if he was right or not.

• Like 1

Every good Investor should either be buying the Batman Ayslum now and then when you have the money, or if you haven't started yet don't wait to the last minute like it seems like alot of would be investors do. The set has been out for about 2 years so avoid the panic buying and spending money you don't have buy charging big bucks on those Credit Cards. As this set will always bring big money, I got 4 more today so by the end of October I will have about 30 and still will be buying them each month. So as most waited to the last minute on the SSD and Haunted House and some got none to only a few, and some got a good deal of them. So please don't miss the boat on this set.    Ed

• Like 5

Every good Investor should either be buying the Batman Ayslum now and then when you have the money, or if you haven't started yet don't wait to the last minute like it seems like alot of would be investors do. The set has been out for about 2 years so avoid the panic buying and spending money you don't have buy charging big bucks on those Credit Cards. As this set will always bring big money, I got 4 more today so by the end of October I will have about 30 and still will be buying them each month. So as most waited to the last minute on the SSD and Haunted House and some got none to only a few, and some got a good deal of them. So please don't miss the boat on this set. Ed

I agree with this.

Guest TabbyBoy

Batman isn't as popular in the UK as it is in the US. I think the hot potatoes over here are going.to be the PS, 3E, TB, HH & VW of which I have plenty. I bought Batcaves here that I made a loss on after EOL when buying at 1/3 off RRP. I personally think that AA is a poor, overpriced set as it's just a facade, nothing more.

Batman isn't as popular in the UK as it is in the US. I think the hot potatoes over here are going.to be the PS, 3E, TB, HH & VW of which I have plenty. I bought Batcaves here that I made a loss on after EOL when buying at 1/3 off RRP. I personally think that AA is a poor, overpriced set as it's just a facade, nothing more.

What is 3E?

3E = Maersk Tripple E

What TabbyBoy says makes some sort of sense. Different themes have different popularity here in the UK. Good example was the AA and DS over smyths toys sale. There was plenty of both before the sale. After the Smyths sale, only AA left, all of the DS were wiped out (i am part responsible for that)...

The Triple E is a great set(one of my favorites), but many have no interest in it. In order to reach really high secondary market values, there has to be interest by a majority of fans. The 41999 is an example of a great set with a lack of interest from some fans and it slows growth after EOL. In many(not all) ways, the AA is a better investment IMO.

I agree AA is a better investment, but Ed I feel you might have underestimated the 3E.  The expected short life span and true exclusiveness mean less stock among resellers. With so many players in the game in some cases the rarity might be an even bigger factor than how great the set is. Speaking of fans don't ships always do well, arguably even a little better than trains and planes?  For a display set I'd rather put up a ship than train and plane.

• Like 1

I agree AA is a better investment, but Ed I feel you might have underestimated the 3E. The expected short life span and true exclusiveness mean less stock among resellers. With so many players in the game in some cases the rarity might be an even bigger factor than how great the set is. Speaking of fans don't ships always do well, arguably even a little better than trains and planes? For a display set I'd rather put up a ship than train and plane.

Sure, these are good points. Exclusivity and short life span most likely will help this set. I love it, but many just don't and that is the issue. It appeals to a smaller group of potential buyers and that will stunt its growth at some point.