Retiring Soon - open speculation

Here's my opinion on the GE. Lego will make a big push to make the GE available online at LEGO Shop at Home for Black Friday. After that, they will let all the stock sell, and then it will retire.

This is what happened to the FB last year and I expect the same for the GE this year.

Here's my opinion on the GE. Lego will make a big push to make the GE available online at LEGO Shop at Home for Black Friday. After that, they will let all the stock sell, and then it will retire.

This is what happened to the FB last year and I expect the same for the GE this year.

Fun Idea

Lets Load Up Lord Banhammer Awaits

post-31357-0-94897900-1412807598.jpeg

ok that's fine. Just one thing, will you let me say "I told you so" in a week or two?

Hey man this is a close knit forum and 99% of people get along great, the 1% get modded and will eventually just get banned. You are more than welcome to join this forum everyone is friendly and willing to discuss. Be part of the forums and participate in a friendly non confrontational and you will be fine. You are more than welcome to stay and not rock the boat. It's not personal it's just the way we do it here. 
  • Like 2

Everyone will see soon enough that LEGO will be mixing it up and the two year productions runs and retiring sets in order will be a thing of the past. It's been happening in small doses already.

This has definitely happened to some extent with the "Series" sets.  EDB, for example, lives on, while Garmatron gets retired.  You'd think if EDB were such a great seller, it wouldn't always be at least 25% off everywhere, but I digress.  I have not seen evidence of this "out of order" retirement in exclusives, however, outside of DS and B-Wing.  Now if TH goes before PS, or Mini Cooper disappears before T1, that will be a game-changer (a popular set being retired out of order).

Back on topic: Does anyone think that waiting for black Friday to grab a Pet Shop is risky? I don't really see PS retiring between now and then but who knows what LEGO Shop at Home stock will be like at that time.

No it's not risky. I expect the PS to go in order for the retirement of modulars and retire next year, toward the end of the year. Buying PS on Black Friday is a good time to start buying them before they go in and out of stock at LEGO Shop at Home and the other retailers.

You'll be fine to buy on black Friday. My only question to you is why that day? I can almost < see what I did their with one word) guarentee there will be no discount on it. Lego dosnt discount exclusives anymore and on top of that their black Friday deals of the past two years leave much to be desired.

You'll be fine to buy on black Friday. My only question to you is why that day? I can almost < see what I did their with one word) guarentee there will be no discount on it. Lego dosnt discount exclusives anymore and on top of that their black Friday deals of the past two years leave much to be desired.

Last year on you could get 3x VIP points and the holiday set 2 of 2. I think that's is enough to make me buy some sets for investments.

• Like 1

I'm just buying for my own collection and I want the ice skating promo. Yes it would be cheaper to buy one now but then I'd have to buy something else to get the skating promo, and I really should stop buying so much Lego. :P  So in short, I'm trying to pace my spending a little bit and still get all of the promo sets.

Well when I speak to a representative of a company and he tells me that GE is retired, I personally take that as fact, not opinion. It's all good lets try to get past something I said. It really got blown way out of proportion.

Like Stephen said, read the "What I heard from a LEGO employee today" thread. You will then realize that they don't know their ass from a hole in the ground.

That, my friend, is absolute.

• Like 4

Gotcha. Was triple. Vip during bf last year? I thought it was like the week prior as it didn't run all month but I could be wrong. Regardless I don't see them doing a double Vip followed by a triple Vip right away. I could be wrong, it happens once before when I was like 10 :)

Gotcha. Was triple. Vip during bf last year? I thought it was like the week prior as it didn't run all month but I could be wrong. Regardless I don't see them doing a double Vip followed by a triple Vip right away. I could be wrong, it happens once before when I was like 10 :)

IIRC, 3x VIP was the Saturday before Black Friday. It was a great time to buy some exclusives like the SSD. You could have gotten 1,200 VIP points buy purchasing a SSD, which is $60 to be redeemed in a future purchase.

I'd love to have 3x VIP this year but with the way Lego cut the boards game division, is cutting out the mailing of the print magazine in a year or so, I just do not see them being that generous again.

For the sixth time this year, if I count it right. Maybe seventh?

Yes, if not more.  TRU seems to do that with all of the sets that go in and out of stock.  SSD was also notorious for that.  Target has also removed GE from its "hard to find" page, but you can search for it. 

Does anyone remember the last time TRU had Haunted House listed?  There has to be a batch from the last run going there?

I speculate that all the exclusives that are currently listed as sold out with no option to pre-order are the ones retiring this year. All the rest I am speculating are staying for another year at least. I am also speculating LEGO will be launching a LEGO branded credit card in 2015.

I speculate that all the exclusives that are currently listed as sold out with no option to pre-order are the ones retiring this year. All the rest I am speculating are staying for another year at least. I am also speculating LEGO will be launching a LEGO branded credit card in 2015.

TH changed status 10 times today. So, 50/50?

• Like 1

TH changed status 10 times today. So, 50/50?

I first heard the rumor that TH would retire prior to PS over 1 year ago so I don't give it any weight at all. The only reason I can think that TH would be retired out of order and while it is still on the PR box is that it is an extremely poor model and poor seller and I don't think either case is true. Besides I don't see PS retiring this year either so even if the rumor was true that would put TH retiring the end of next year not this year. The idea that TLG is going to retire sets early just for the sake of shaking things up sounds preposterous but that is just my opinion. TLG does not strike me as a company capable of dynamic thinking whatsoever. Now if Disney buys them I can see plenty of shaking up.