Retiring Soon - open speculation

R2D2 is available everywhere, I doubt its retiring in the coming weeks.

VW T1 Camper van is available at LEGO Shop at Home, ship immediately, high limit (5), but is not available anywhere else even at raised prices.. (correct if I'm wrong, too lazy to check).

Given the current 3 promos for each van, I'd say buy them up now.

Edited by legone
  • Like 1

What do you guys think about the Tower Bridge? 10214.. sometimes it seems like people are just forgetting this set due to the modulars. Maybe everybody stocked this one up already earlier, and do I have this feeling because I'm only active for half a year as investor and don't know how things were a few years ago. I now have 5 TB's, I think these TB  will skyrocket after EOL, especially in Europe. I also think it will retire within one year.

Edited by JM123

What do you guys think about the Tower Bridge? 10214.. sometimes it seems like people are just forgetting this set due to the modulars. Maybe everybody stocked this one up already earlier. Well, maybe I have this felling because I'm only active for half a year as investor.I now have 5 TB's, I think these TB will skyrocket after EOL, especially in Europe. I think it will retire within one year.

I bought most of mine when Walmart screwed up. I do not build lego but once a year and my only real interest in lego is making money. With that said this is my favorite set of all time. It just appeals to me on many levels. David Beckham agrees and he has my looks and athletic ability so I'd listen to him.
  • Like 1

What do you guys think about the Tower Bridge? 10214.. sometimes it seems like people are just forgetting this set due to the modulars. Maybe everybody stocked this one up already earlier, and do I have this feeling because I'm only active for half a year as investor and don't know how things were a few years ago. I now have 5 TB's, I think these TB  will skyrocket after EOL, especially in Europe. I also think it will retire within one year.

I fully agree. Just I think and hope it will retire sooner than you think.

I know the Tower Bridge has a passionate following, it may make a bundle but it does not get me invigorated like FB, GE, PS, R2, AA, WVM.

Does anyone else feel this way?

It excites me more than R2...  That said, I greatly prefer minifigure-scale sets.  I wonder how many TB's one would have to combine to make that happen?

We all believed the same for the FB, but it's still doing fine :)

Might not be a good comparison. Fire Brigade was part of a highly addictive theme that include completists. Some people were down on FB only because of the long retail lifespan. They were wrong. Though I do think sellers caused the initial 3 month (to $225 - $250) spike where most of the initial ROI % still is. The set is currently listed at $275. So many sets out there...

Nevertheless, the 10225 R2 set offers potential. I think it will do better than the UCS Yoda and Maul sets. R2's role in the nest films will just increase demand for the set.