Retiring Soon - open speculation

so @Captain_Obvious and anyone willing

for personal collection rank your order of these

here's my thoughts but its tough to decide can't collect them all

here's my order top to bottom.  have the top two trying to decide out of pre orders or availability the order on the rest

1) Mos Eisley Cantina
2) Batcave Shadow Box
3) Brick Cross Train Station Bricklink
4) Logging Railway Bricklink
5) Sanctum Sanctorum
6)Treehouse

everyone's taste is different just curious what some others out there are

• Like 1

22 hours ago, mlc3423 said:

Might be the new trend going forward in the future....Lego keeps releasing more and more of these expensive overpriced sets and many are going to end up with a short shelf life due to lack of sales/deals and many are going to go under the radar of both collectors and investors and next thing you know "Out Of Stock/Sold Out" and then boom goes the dynamite

I believe so. One argument against this is the cost to LEGO of manufacturing flops and then pulling them at a loss. However, I doubt there are significant initial manufacturing costs for new sets. I recently watched a LEGO documentary showcasing their manufacturing capabilities from the '70s and '80s, and I can only imagine they've improved and streamlined their processes since then. This suggests they can easily pivot when a set underperforms.

Looking at their annual reports, LEGO’s profit margins are extremely high, which likely accounts for marketing and markdown costs—the largest expenses for consumer products—revealing the low cost of manufacturing.

Regarding "Boom Goes Dynamite": this supports my theory that in the future, the main winners will be large sets primarily purchased by Gen X and older Gen Y consumers (5-10 years down the line).

• Like 1

20 hours ago, starwarsxpress said:

trying to decide out of pre orders or availability the order on the rest

1) Mos Eisley Cantina
2) Batcave Shadow Box
3) Brick Cross Train Station Bricklink
4) Logging Railway Bricklink
5) Sanctum Sanctorum
6)Treehouse

I’m not sure if you’re looking to collect or invest in these. To me, investing means having at least three copies, which increases your risk. I’m not the best person to advise on which set to invest in. If you’re buying just one, choose the set you want to build in case it flops. That way, you’ll still have a set you love—like the Sanctum Sanctorum for me.