Retiring Soon - open speculation

Lego Mos Eisley 75290

Amazon sold by Amazon is out and has been a long while third party now 468

Barnes Noble listing removed for some time

Walmart had 98 last night just ran out today 3rd party is 550

Lego sold out called last night asked if would be back or should order else where they said they forgot to order yesterday it’s out and after checking for a while said it is likely not coming back… who know I guess they could have thousands come Thanksgiving I suppose.  This feels more likely it’s sold out has 21 figures ? they don’t I think make $400 Star Wars Lego sets any more with this much content so if they stop making it they are saving money vs Jabba Sail Barge for example I guess

Disney Store and Legoland is all that’s left that I know

ebay 95 listed new USA buy it now

I bought another for personal myself.  One to build one to be boxed

makes me think of jurassic park trex rampage it mostly disappeared before Black Friday if memory serves

Edited by starwarsxpress

2 hours ago, starwarsxpress said:

Lego Mos Eisley 75290

Amazon sold by Amazon is out and has been a long while third party now 468

Barnes Noble listing removed for some time

Walmart had 98 last night just ran out today 3rd party is 550

Lego sold out called last night asked if would be back or should order else where they said they forgot to order yesterday it’s out and after checking for a while said it is likely not coming back… who know I guess they could have thousands come Thanksgiving I suppose.  This feels more likely it’s sold out has 21 figures ? they don’t I think make $400 Star Wars Lego sets any more with this much content so if they stop making it they are saving money vs Jabba Sail Barge for example I guess

Disney Store and Legoland is all that’s left that I know

ebay 95 listed new USA buy it now

I bought another for personal myself.  One to build one to be boxed

makes me think of jurassic park trex rampage it mostly disappeared before Black Friday if memory serves

two copies left at Disney Store

then down to Lego Land New York limit 1 per customer

Edited by starwarsxpress

9 minutes ago, Keyser Soze said:

Gone. Had one in cart at LLNY and was trying to figure out if I was going to get charged tax on top of shipping and then poof.

thanks for info

Disney Store sold out

Lego Land sold out

will it be back I dont know : )

for now that's a wrap on all major retail chains

Edited by starwarsxpress

10 hours ago, starwarsxpress said:

thanks for info

Disney Store sold out

Lego Land sold out

will it be back I dont know : )

for now that's a wrap on all major retail chains

When the hordes descend, it can be crazy.  This year, i'm probably not going to invest much because I didn't see a big rise in set values from the ones I picked last year, but it's amazing to sit back and watch sets just fly away at the end from the frenzy.

6 minutes ago, fossilrock said:

Quand les hordes descendent, ça peut être fou. Cette année, je ne vais probablement pas investir beaucoup car je n'ai pas vu une grande augmentation de la valeur des sets par rapport à ceux que j'ai choisis l'année dernière, mais c'est incroyable de s'asseoir et de regarder les sets s'envoler à la fin de la frénésie.

I completely agree with you. The prices of old sets are stagnating or even declining

1 hour ago, Vincent67 said:
I completely agree with you. The prices of old sets are stagnating or even declining

So much of the horde also are happy selling off a big set like this that nets them only 20 bucks profit and they are out of stock within a year.  Better to just hold one or two for over 5 or 6 years.  Less effort, less hassle.

1 hour ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

I called my local LEGO store. of the big sets retiring this year: Mos Eisley, Batcave Shadowbox, AT-AT, & Ninjago GArdens, only the Ninjago sets were still instock.

I think Ninjago Gardens will be the BF deal. Looks like LEGO indexed the page on Google by accident, but this page is hidden on their website. Batcave Shadowbox has a good chance of getting the 30% off treatment -- still not worth it to me.

https://www.lego.com/en-us/black-friday-deals/lego-ninjago-black-friday

image.thumb.png.b226aae4da67e5bd372799c58279410a.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Captain_Obvious said:

I think Ninjago Gardens will be the BF deal. Looks like LEGO indexed the page on Google by accident, but this page is hidden on their website. Batcave Shadowbox has a good chance of getting the 30% off treatment -- still not worth it to me.

image.thumb.png.b226aae4da67e5bd372799c58279410a.png

i think this page could be from last year because at the bottom of the page there is 71767 Ninja Dojo Temple as one of the black friday specials which officially retired in February 2024.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, cladner said:

i think this page could be from last year because at the bottom of the page there is 71767 Ninja Dojo Temple as one of the black friday specials which officially retired in February 2024.

It is....Here's the link

They did Ninjago plus other themes as well

30% off for the Batcave Shadowbox wouldn't be a bad price at all....I'd grab a few

Edited by mlc3423
  • Like 2