Retiring Soon - open speculation

I've got two of the Bike Shops, because I love two of the three models. I'm intended to use those for my Winter Village.

I originally wanted TH for my Winter Village, but it's just so dang big compared to what I'm trying to do.

Formally requesting photos of your winter village!! We have WVM and Santa's Workshop only-inspiration needed. Edited by Cross

Formally requesting photos of your winter village!! We have WVM and Santa's Workshop only-inspiration needed.

Will do my best.  We had a small one last year (WVM and an Advent Calendar).  I started working on it last January-March, but then really picked up with the investing.  I haven't put together nearly the amount of stuff for my WV as I want to.

I either bought or I'm BL'ing the Post Office, Toy Shop, Medival Marketplace and the Holiday Train to really make this awesome.  I really should have put some time into this year, though.

• Like 1

The size discrepancy is significant, but so is the size discrepancy of actual shops where I live. Downtown, all 2-3 story "classic modulars"; out in the neighborhoods, I could see a small bike shop or cafe. How would they look with other creator houses?

Tiger... I am thinking of where you live and remembering trips to the KC Plaza fondly. :)

• Like 1

A positive point for the Bike Shop, it is a 3 in 1 so the obsessed Lego collector who is building a mid-size modular street or decides to use them will probably want 3 copies so they can have all 3 of them...

I've done that before in buying three of a Creator house set to build all three models at once and then take them apart to create one big abode from all the pieces. So many possibilities with just one Bike Shop & Cafe (tons of parts), I can only imagine what could be created from 3x the parts....

I've done that before in buying three of a Creator house set to build all three models at once and then take them apart to create one big abode from all the pieces. So many possibilities with just one Bike Shop & Cafe (tons of parts), I can only imagine what could be created from 3x the parts....

It does have nice accent colors and good windows but question is, if you use it to create a MOC, can't you get the items you want less expensive when ordered apart.

It does have nice accent colors and good windows but question is, if you use it to create a MOC, can't you get the items you want less expensive when ordered apart.

If I have a good planned out idea of just the pieces needed/wanted for a MOC based on the ones included from a set then I'm sure it is quite possible as there usually is a handful of stuff leftover. There is for consideration how consolidated a list could be made between the pieces wanted and the sellers out there with most of them available. Then compare all that trouble to the sake of convenience with buying the set outright from the store.

For me none of the parts go to waste and I enjoy the challenge of trying to design something utilizing the included parts only. Funny thing as I go with the MOC, I find myself constantly modifying it because a new idea using some of the parts lying on the sidelines pops up. I lost track of the times taking apart my Small Cottage MOC to implement another bit of furnishing I didn't think about when drawing up the initial blueprint in LDD. Heck, I ended up scrapping my original idea and went freestyle. Now it's my favorite house on my desk ....even if it is a tiny one sitting there beside the towering Haunted House. Ha.

• Like 1

Doubtful since the Parisian Restaurant is so new albeit a different type, but a restaurant nonetheless.

In a certain way, it would be like comparing an Emporium with a Grocery. ;)

So I wouldn't exclude this possibility, even if it's slight.

But a museum, a tool store or a school would be a better bet.

(come on lego, where is the sex shop ? I have a serie 12 - piggy guy to put in front of it)

• Like 1