Retiring Soon - open speculation

Well, it started here https://community.lego.com/t5/LEGO-General/SAY-NO-TO-LEGO-SIMPSONS/td-p/5291968

Got locked, but the same thing keeps popping up everywhere. Peoples do petitions and angry letters and stuff.

Might buy some more Simpson houses and send few more even angrier letters and flame a few topics in random boards. For sure gets retired...

We should all stock up on Simpsons Houses and minifigs, then collectively drum up outrage across the internet to increase chances of it retiring prematurely.

Who's with me!

• Like 1

nope as do i also. 

i spit coffee out of my cup when saw the dup posts for my dup post rant.

I also spit out MY coffee when i saw the dup posts for your dup posts rant. 

AS far as 6862 goes this is good news/great timing. I bet this set is selling for over msrp the X-mas.

I noticed something interesting (at least for me) today. 

I went to a big toyshop in my area who carries alot of exclusives. They are not cheap. But when they have sales, they have good sales!

Before they always had the 10220 T1 Camper and the 10226 Sopwith Camel proudly on the shelf with exclusives. But now... the T1 Camper (about 5 boxes) and the Sopwith (about 8 boxes) were on the floor in a corner. Their place was taken now by the Simpsons house. For me that is a clear indication that they will be on sale soon and when finished they won't get any more. I think the end is nigh for these sets. I will hop in the shop regularly to check if they put them on sale. Cause when they do... they do it sneaky without a sound.  

Anybody heard about the retirement of Town Hall? I was told that TH will be gone before Pet Shop this year.

I know Pet Shop was released earlier than Town Hall. 

BUT the source mentioned that UCS Tumbler would be released on September. It was July 2 when I heard that. Was there any rumor about the tumbler at that time? 

Anybody heard about the retirement of Town Hall? I was told that TH will be gone before Pet Shop this year.

BUT the source mentioned that UCS Tumbler would be released on September. It was July 2 when I heard that. Was there any rumor about the tumbler at that time? 

This rumor has been knocking around for months now. Pure speculation as usual I would say, based soley on the notion that the TH isn't a big seller.

There's been talk of the Tumbler going back months. Ed Mack confirmed it on here before July 2nd, if I remember rightly.

I suspect your 'source' read that on BP.

This rumor has been knocking around for months now. Pure speculation as usual I would say, based soley on the notion that the TH isn't a big seller.

There's been talk of the Tumbler going back months. Ed Mack confirmed it on here before July 2nd, if I remember rightly.

I suspect your 'source' read that on BP.

I really doubt that he has read BP. Anyway he mentioned Santa Workshop on Oct also. We need to wait until than to confirm how accurate his info is.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

I really doubt that he has read BP. Anyway he mentioned Santa Workshop on Oct also. We need to wait until than to confirm how accurate his info is.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

I mentioned Santa's Workshop at the same time the Slave I and Tumbler info came out.  I would imagine that a Holiday set would be sold in Sept-Oct.  

UCS Tumbler was rumored a bit. Also no chance either of those is leaving this year.

UCS Tumbler was rumored a bit. Also no chance either of those is leaving this year.

What do you think of the following list for retireing this year? DS, R2D2, Winter Village, Sopwith camel, X-Wing, Horizon Express and Camper Van will be next year.