Retiring Soon - open speculation

As any seasoned naysayer would say - that information is totally irrelevant

the naysayers are correct about seal codes most of the time.  this is one of the two times i know of that seal codes would be helpful. 

if 4204s weren't made during this yr, it's nearly certain to "retire" sooner than later even if Lego pulls a TRU - MF Vamp Castle move.

note: the other time knowing a seal code would be helpful is if sets were changed to correct an error (e.g. some GEs didn't include the 3rd elements, MFs stopped producing "glow in the dark" stickers in some sets)

• Like 1

the naysayers are correct about seal codes most of the time.  this is one of the two times i know of that seal codes would be helpful. 

if 4204s weren't made during this yr, it's nearly certain to "retire" sooner than later even if Lego pulls a TRU - MF Vamp Castle move.

note: the other time knowing a seal code would be helpful is if sets were changed to correct an error (e.***. some GEs didn't include the 3rd elements, MFs stopped producing "glow in the dark" stickers in some sets)

And the rovers... the rovers!

BTW, rovers at TRU were kinda briefly showing in for a few seconds today. I was able to get one eventually. But then +$7.99 shipping of course.... and full expectation of a pancake

i just think 10214 is finally going to sunset later this yr. i'm prob wrong but do really wish people would start buying up this set like 10221 SSD and 10211 GEs so we can see how shop@home behaves. 

hope this is the beginning.  still 'allowed' to order up to 5.

"Out of stock, expected ship date 15 Sep 2014"

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Tower-Bridge-10214

• Like 1

What controversy?

Well, it started here https://community.lego.com/t5/LEGO-General/SAY-NO-TO-LEGO-SIMPSONS/td-p/5291968

Got locked, but the same thing keeps popping up everywhere. Peoples do petitions and angry letters and stuff.

Might buy some more Simpson houses and send few more even angrier letters and flame a few topics in random boards. For sure gets retired...

• Like 1

Well, it started here https://community.lego.com/t5/LEGO-General/SAY-NO-TO-LEGO-SIMPSONS/td-p/5291968

Got locked, but the same thing keeps popping up everywhere. Peoples do petitions and angry letters and stuff.

Might buy some more Simpson houses and send few more even angrier letters and flame a few topics in random boards. For sure gets retired...

People need to get a life...

• Like 1

The controversy is old and remains to this day.  Alas, I do not think the Lego Simpsons universe will be expanding and it will go away.  It is an interesting investment thought though.  I don't like the Simpsons show personally, but if this EOL's soon will that make the house worth a lot to the people who are Simpson's followers?

Wow, what a bunch of losers!

This 'controversy' reminds me of how all the schools were flipping out about Bart Simpson "Don't have a cow, man" t-shirts when I was a kid.  If you had Simpson's anything in school they'd send you home to change or confiscate it.

• Like 5

Stumbled upon Lego message boards... wow, lots of hate for Simpsons. Lego didn't even dare to create separate section for Simpsons in the message boards... I am thinking there is no way Lego will continue Simpsons line, given the controversy.

With or without the controversy, there really isn't much of a reason to continue on with the license. Lego made some sales, Fox and its series got some publicity, time for both parties to move on. I don't care for the set or minifigures so I make the simple choice of to not buy them. These boycotting bungholes could make life easier by doing the same.

Anyone know when this set will retire I heard this year it will go EOL but not sure?

It will probably retire beginning of 2015, it was released Jan 2013.  Probably won't disappear completely from store shelves until middle of next year.