Update on New Forum!!

I think that membership tally is actually pretty respectable, considering you probably have 4x more traffic than members. Anyway, just delete those posts and it'll be a secret again... Oh and punish Blackjack. Maybe put an award with a baby picture under his avatar... LMFAO.

Many members have asked for age restrictions on the site or private forums. I am starting to wonder if that has some merit.

Now Ed that's not nice. Blackjack is a prolific and valued member of our community. Besides, he's just a teenager. If he wasn't busy with Lego and BP, he'd be running around the streets, wearing tight pants stuffed with knives. That's what teenagers do these days, you know.

I have activated the Gallery module.  What Ed and I would like for this feature is for people to share their set builds, their collection (possibly how they store their collection), any MOCs they are proud to display.  What we don't want to see is the entire collection of images from Mocpages or other sites.  We hope to keep it more personal and relevant to what we do here.  The beauty of this feature is that the images you upload to the gallery will allow you access to those image here in the forum or in the other modules that we open over time and you won't need to keep uploading the images in new posts, etc.  Saves time and space.  For example, I can share the Album I just created of the Haunted Mansion my wife and I just built in the past week.  Cool stufff  :)

• Like 1

Hi Macks.  

I know you said there were some issues with the login process (I fixed mine by logging out & back in again via home page as suggested), but thought I'd post the code I got in case it helps solve the puzzle (I hear programmers like this sort of info!)

Fatal error: Call to undefined method converters::eeforum() in E:inetpubbrickpicker.comwwwrootforumadminsourcesloginauthconvertnewauth.php on line 55

I tried to access the member forums, was redirected to the sign in page, and received the above after putting my info in, I'm using Chrome, if that helps at all. 

Jeff, here's my try at posting the Gallery.

It appears to work like a charm.  What an incredible extension of the Forum.

For those of you that haven't tried this, it's easy and awesome.  Click the "My Media" button in the post's editing window and it will bring up all of your shared/contributed content.

Jeff, here's my try at posting the Gallery.

It appears to work like a charm.  What an incredible extension of the Forum.

For those of you that haven't tried this, it's easy and awesome.  Click the "My Media" button in the post's editing window and it will bring up all of your shared/contributed content.

Will be giving this a try soon!

Many members have asked for age restrictions on the site or private forums. I am starting to wonder if that has some merit.

I'm wondering if I've done/said something that made you consider age restrictions now?

Am I a respected member on here or am I the annoying teenager that everyone dislikes? I try to be mature and contribute to the forums in a positive way.

I'm wondering if I've done/said something that made you consider age restrictions now?

Am I a respected member on here or am I the annoying teenager that everyone dislikes? I try to be mature and contribute to the forums in a positive way.

No...it's not you. We won't implement any kind of restrictions....yet. LOL. Maybe one particular member might get another special award if they don't figure out the proper way to post a question or filter an answer so not to piss off a site developer who spent 18 straight hours launching a new upgrade to a free site. Thats's all.

I mean, I would hate to see this member stop being an active member of the site and reviews contest, but there are certain ways to ask and respond to questions without irking others. Maybe we need an article about forum etiquette.

• Like 3

Darn, I liked my old Death Star avatar... and what's up with the bald dude loser icon?  If that's supposed to motivate us to post more, I think you're on the right track...

The icons are supposed to be related to investment terms and people in that profession. We related it to the site as well. The Brick Broker is supposed to be a Stock Broker from the word angle, yet the empty pockets represent being "broke."

Hi Macks.  

I know you said there were some issues with the login process (I fixed mine by logging out & back in again via home page as suggested), but thought I'd post the code I got in case it helps solve the puzzle (I hear programmers like this sort of info!)

Fatal error: Call to undefined method converters::eeforum() in E:inetpubbrickpicker.comwwwrootforumadminsourcesloginauthconvertnewauth.php on line 55

I tried to access the member forums, was redirected to the sign in page, and received the above after putting my info in, I'm using Chrome, if that helps at all.

Yes....logging out then closing the page and reloading the page and logging back in seems to solve the issue.

Hey guys, Instead of saying those posts (the +1s) I think you can click that new little green upwards arrow on whoever's post you agreed with and it will show you agree!? I think that might eliminated some forum crowdedness (just think its cool to see, not correcting you guys)

• Like 3

Guest eightbrick

Wow, a lot of work has gone into this update thanks guys! At the rate you guys keep improving things, Brickpicker is going to be wicked modern really fast.

Great work guys, everything looks great. Is the gallery feature supposed to be reserved for serious builds or MOC's or can I throw up a pic of my kiddo building a basic set? For me that's the real love of building. Thanks again for spending so much time on this great resource.

Great work guys, everything looks great. Is the gallery feature supposed to be reserved for serious builds or MOC's or can I throw up a pic of my kiddo building a basic set? For me that's the real love of building. Thanks again for spending so much time on this great resource.

From what I understand, anything you would like to share is fair game on the gallery. Just to add a more personal touch to the site ;). I'll be throwing in some pictures of my small collection in the next couple of days.

From what I understand, anything you would like to share is fair game on the gallery. Just to add a more personal touch to the site ;). I'll be throwing in some pictures of my small collection in the next couple of days.

Everything here is right.  Josh, create an album and feel free to share.  Fcb..... is correct, Ed and I want to have a little personal touch for people to have a place to share their collection, investments, the family having fun with LEGO.  Anything that makes LEGO important to you and share it since it is a big part of many of our lives.