Bitcoin and other forms of digital currency

Yeah many people share the same sentiment these days, I'm used to it.

I back this. And I was a cop for three yearr. But a good one. :) check out this video. I like stuff like this.

Watch ""No Thanks" Best DHS Checkpoint Refusals EVER!" on YouTube

"No Thanks" Best DHS Checkpoint Refusals EVER!:

Edited by hxckid88

Guest TabbyBoy

I'm lucky to have some disposable income each month and I've still been buying BTC (and XRP) even though it's dropped from $600 to $300 recently.  I'm not selling mine yet so I haven't lost a penny.  All it needs is a company like Amazon to accept it an it'll reach it's old high within days, if not hours.  I now own 36 BTC and keep the backups in my safe at home.  If they go ****-up, I've lost what I can easily afford to lose and if they reach the sky ($50,000 has been rumoured), I simply retire.  This is the only way I currently know of to make a few quid without getting off your arse.  No risk, no gain.

What would I hate more, losing

I have much venom for law enforcement.

Yeah many people share the same sentiment these days, I'm used to it.

I have respect for the people who enforce the law and/or defend our country each day. It's only the ones who abuse such powers for themselves or treat the citizens they are supposed to be protecting like the criminal element that deserve any flack.
  • Like 1

It's hard to use the "few bad apples" argument when over 5,000 innocent people have been killed by cops since 9/11 and on average 3 innocent people are killed per day by police. As for enforsing the law, there a very few instances when police actually enforce law, they mostly just respond to crimes.

Edited by LegoSteve
  • Like 1

It's hard to use the "few bad apples" argument when over 5,000 innocent people have been killed by cops since 9/11 and on average 3 innocent people are killed per day by police. As for enforsing the law, there a very few instances when police actually enforce law, they mostly just respond to crimes.

I wasn't necessarily using the 'few bad apples' argument. There are a handful of police abusing the system one way or another across the country same as a lot of people in politics. Some of these incidences actually make it to the news like recently with civilians having their house and other belongings (usually cash) being seized without any sort of due process under civil forfeiture. Rather asinine when an officer can take your stuff away simply because he/she 'thinks' it may have been used in a crime or was the result of one without actual proof. Sort of like the "Guilty until proven innocent" mentality.

Anyway as I said, I respect the good cops who observe the law they are meant to enforce but the bad ones are crooked same as the crooks they are busting (or supposed to be) and do not deserve to wear the badge.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Regarding XRP, to me this is exactly the choice people has in the late 90s when cloud technology was first being discovered. And like cloud tech in the 90s, people were scared of it, didn't understand it, and it was on sale for pennies on the millions. I have been heavily researching XRP and I understand what they are trying to do with it. If they succeed it will revolutionize liquidity world wide. The people who today control liquidity are scared to death of what is coming, be it XRP or some other similar technology.

Think of this scenario. You can sell an HH and drop your gross sale amount into XRP. Write it off as a total loss and forget about it. If it misses, you are out a few dinners eating out with family and friends. If it hits, well, you decide what that means to you. Do the math and see if the risk/reward makes sense for you.

I have so much to say on this topic but I don't want to look like I am trying to influence people, so please just go out and do the research.

See you on the flip side.

• Like 2

Regarding XRP, to me this is exactly the choice people has in the late 90s when cloud technology was first being discovered. And like cloud tech in the 90s, people were scared of it, didn't understand it, and it was on sale for pennies on the millions. I have been heavily researching XRP and I understand what they are trying to do with it. If they succeed it will revolutionize liquidity world wide. The people who today control liquidity are scared to death of what is coming, be it XRP or some other similar technology.

Think of this scenario. You can sell an HH and drop your gross sale amount into XRP. Write it off as a total loss and forget about it. If it misses, you are out a few dinners eating out with family and friends. If it hits, well, you decide what that means to you. Do the math and see if the risk/reward makes sense for you.

I have so much to say on this topic but I don't want to look like I am trying to influence people, so please just go out and do the research.

See you on the flip side.

Good post. I read a lot on it as well. The only issue per say is how to aquire. Where or who are you buying in at and how much of a hassle is it?
  • Like 1

I use snapswap to fund and rippletrade to acquire. sauromosis helped me get set up, took about an hour the first time as I was learning the sites and how it worked and proceeded very carefully. On rippletrade you do not have to put up a buy order, just do an exchange and it swaps usd for xrp (I assume at current market rate). It was instant. My second purchase took about 3 minutes start to finish, from funding snapswap to buying xrp.

I will probably start up new accounts once I hit a certain value in an account. I am still looking at the backup / offline storage options.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Be careful because you don't want to ruffle the feathers of some of the BPers on here who are agents of the state.

HAHA... thanks for the heads up

Bitcoin is no threat to the current financial system, it is simply a form of payment (algorithm) that performs ALOT faster, and cheaper than anything that exist at this time. I and everybody else will always love the feel of a crisp fiat bill.

• 3 weeks later...

XRP (Ripple) to the rescue (posted on xrptalk):

Posted 05 January 2015 - 12:53 PM by mdan

I had some cash in my Bitstamp account and withdrew it to Ripple (so now I have USD.Bitstamp in the Ripple network). The transfer took ~15 minutes this morning, unlike a wire transfer back to my bank account which would have taken 1 or 2 days to clear. That's what's considered innovative by the Bitcoin camp.

• Like 1

Bitstamp or not, I still love my Bitcoin! I don't really care for XRP considering its just a centralized version of Bitcoin.

but ripple has Google Backing it.... They won't allow it to fail. Who does bitcoin have?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Brickpicker mobile app

Bitcoin has the collective users of the internet using/backing it.  The people run bitcoin, no banks, and especially no major corporations.  We give bitcoin value, and agree to exchange it among ourselves in trade.  Bitcoin is also an open distributed ledger, meaning that Bitcoin can be used for much more than money.  For Ripple, Google Ventures support is solid, but ultimately it is just another centralized money-transmitter service like PayPal.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1