10236 - UCS: Ewok Village

emazers

3 hours ago, Nick83 said:

All big Star Wars sets have been retired in Q4 except Q2 for B-Wing. ;)

SSD was not big? 

AVAILABILITY AT LEGO.COM

UNITED STATES
27 Aug 11 - 03 Jun 14
$399.99

27 Aug 11 - 03 Jun 14
$399.99
Edited by marcandre

So it is clear after reading all these comments that 15S6 is clearly the last production run after which it will be done. Or maybe not... Anyhow, just to be sure I bought another 5 and 2 more SC's. I'll let you know what my seals codes are as I get them in

10 minutes ago, Dr. Brick said:

So it is clear after reading all these comments that 15S6 is clearly the last production run after which it will be done. Or maybe not... Anyhow, just to be sure I bought another 5 and 2 more SC's. I'll let you know what my seals codes are as I get them in

Clearly the last production run? They'll keep making them as long as you buy 5 and 2.

• Like 8

On 5/6/2016 at 10:41 AM, grabbitfast said:

EV will not retire anytime soon Attack on Hoth was brought out to cash in on EV  success not to replace a money spinning popular set,look at it logically.

Given the negative reaction in the market on AoH I will not be surprise if they extend the life of EV.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tacsniper said:

Given the negative reaction in the market on AoH I will not be surprise if they extend the life of EV.

See I'd  go with the opposite line of thinking.  If you have a new playset that's not selling well, retire the alternatives to push customers towards your new product that you've invested in. 

Edited by Fenix_2k1
  • Like 6

On 5/6/2016 at 0:41 PM, grabbitfast said:

EV will not retire anytime soon Attack on Hoth was brought out to cash in on EV  success not to replace a money spinning popular set,look at it logically.

Over the years, TLG has been known to take many actions that don't fit neatly within the "logic" and "common sense" that has often prevailed on this board.  For example, there was absolutely no way that TLG would retire the Haunted House before Halloween, but it did exactly that.  Similarly, there was no possible way that TLG would retire R2-D2 before EPVII came out, but it did exactly that.   

Personally, I think that EV is done this year based solely on the box art.  It is the last green box set on the market and has already outlasted all of the blue box sets and many of the tan box sets.  

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, redcell said:

Over the years, TLG has been known to take many actions that don't fit neatly within the "logic" and "common sense" that has often prevailed on this board.  For example, there was absolutely no way that TLG would retire the Haunted House before Halloween, but it did exactly that.  Similarly, there was no possible way that TLG would retire R2-D2 before EPVII came out, but it did exactly that.   

Personally, I think that EV is done this year based solely on the box art.  It is the last green box set on the market and has already outlasted all of the blue box sets and many of the tan box sets.  

But to your point, actions don't always conform to logic, hence, EV will now probably outlast AOH, so to catch everyone unaware.

2 hours ago, LahH001 said:

But to your point, actions don't always conform to logic, hence, EV will now probably outlast AOH, so to catch everyone unaware.

The next 10188 in the 'play features focus' category ;) 

7 hours ago, Sprocket77 said:

So another reason to hate AOH, great, just great.

I don't hate it nor do I love it. This set just don't appeal to me.

Edited by tacsniper

16 hours ago, redcell said:

New box on t1, PS, TB ring a bell? 

If EV retired, it would be

1/ to make shelf space for other UCS sets

2/ because Disney says so

3/ because resellers stopped buying in

please start doing 3?