10236 - UCS: Ewok Village

emazers

11 minutes ago, Roy vd M. said:

http://shop.lego.com/en-NL/Ewok-Village-10236 has been saying "expected ship date 11 February 2016" for awhile. Ordered one on the 3rd of January, received notice that it was shipped this afternoon. In case there's any interest I'll post the package code. 

Ok , here´s my theory. In Europe they produced a large quantity just before BF to cover until Xmas but the stingy 5% sale meant sales were worse than expected so additional production was delayed. The TFA fever struck and with DS and Red5 retiring, it spooked people into a run on EV so they were caught with their pants down and are only now getting up to speed again. My guess is it will still be a Q4 2016 retirement.

On 1/15/2016 at 8:43 PM, mudcatsfan said:

I predict you will see 51 s5. I have seen that in 3 different Lego stores. They clearly made a new batch for the very end of the year let's see how long they last and if there are any more batches. I think they will last well into next year

They were still there.  51R5

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Deanfjr said:

Lego.com says out of stock, with no expected ship date. why did they take the expected ship ate off? on the way out?

Most likely the website is glitchy or the week 51 run sold out faster than expected and an instock date will be added soon. I'm still hoping this goes in May/June, but that might be wishful thinking. See plenty of posts last year about stock issues in Jan/Feb just after the holidays and people declaring everything was definitely on the way out...and other than EEE (which had a retiring soon tag forever) not much happened with the exclusives for quite some time.

23 minutes ago, Moppy said:

I've been looking for awhile now for a contents count on this set and can't find anything.  I got one today with the seals broken and was wondering what the bag count should be inside?  

Anybody know now for sure or have a link?

I know they were numbered up to 11, but I can't remember how many actual bags.

37 minutes ago, Moppy said:

I've been looking for awhile now for a contents count on this set and can't find anything.  I got one today with the seals broken and was wondering what the bag count should be inside?  

http://brickset.com/article/7405/review-10236-ewok-village

" Inside one finds seventeen numbered bags, two unnumbered bags containing most of the larger pieces, and a loose dark tan 8 x 16 plate. The three instruction manuals and tiny sticker sheet are backed with cardboard to keep them flat, which is always welcome. "

37 minutes ago, Moppy said:

no guarantees but i found this somewhere...

Inside one finds seventeen numbered bags, two unnumbered bags containing most of the larger pieces, and a loose dark tan 8 x 16 plate. The three instruction manuals and tiny sticker sheet are backed with cardboard to keep them flat, which is always welcome.

7 minutes ago, plastic passion said:

no guarantees but i found this somewhere...

Inside one finds seventeen numbered bags, two unnumbered bags containing most of the larger pieces, and a loose dark tan 8 x 16 plate. The three instruction manuals and tiny sticker sheet are backed with cardboard to keep them flat, which is always welcome.

Yeah that sounds about right. I just built mine like a week ago so I kind of remember.