10236 - UCS: Ewok Village

emazers

Don't count these little critters out yet :)  I can easily see a flash back where Ren goes back to Endor to pick up vaders helmet.... and probably takes out some revenge on the Ewoks ala Anakin on the Tusken raiders style.

I'll put my neck on the line here and say that this is the SW equivalent of Diagon Alley.  Great figure selection, good display piece and honestly one even grown adults can spend a few mins re-enacting there fave Endor scenes with.

Hate to just re-iterate what others have already said but this one is so unique as a set and appeals not just to SW fans.
Plus pair this up with an Orthanc and you've got a great proxy for the forest of Fangorn.

• Like 1

On January 10, 2016 at 9:12 AM, stephen_rockefeller said:

Which large exclusive set that contain ewoks are you basing this opinion on?

You know the answer to this:  none.

I am basing my opinion on 25 years of buying, selling, and collecting Star Wars, hundreds of thousands of dollars worth.  Ewok collectibles, with few exceptions, appreciate less than most other Star Wars collectibles.  

It's just my opinion, but my opinion has some weight behind it on this topic.  You don't have to heed it.  

I really like this set and own it.  We have built it.  It's a great set.  But I would not invest much in it.  Ewoks in general are not very popular.

In Lego, the closest thing we have is Battle of Endor.  Glad I did not invest in that one, but I do own one.

Edited by JDLego324
  • Like 2

I have only wanted a few Star Wars sets, my son likes some and my daughter never wanted a Star Wars lego set, until.... We saw this ewok set. My whole family loves it! My son loves the figures and my daughter loves the trees. It is really hard to find forest type lego sets that don't look like a friends set or the neighbor kid made them. If it was sold out I would easily have spent 2x the price on it.

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, steveviscious89 said:

Yeah just got the email saying that it has shipped, so I must have snagged one of the last ones for now. Lucky me. Of course I'm going to open that box and build it, thus making it completely worthless to most of you...haha.

You're a monster. Think of what you're doing to the seals...

51405b7a46613a6e715d48f5d47ef95c.jpg

• Like 2

20 hours ago, steveviscious89 said:

Yeah just got the email saying that it has shipped, so I must have snagged one of the last ones for now. Lucky me. Of course I'm going to open that box and build it, thus making it completely worthless to most of you...haha.

Do it! Build it!

On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 3:30 PM, Lego_Yoda said:

Don't count these little critters out yet :)  I can easily see a flash back where Ren goes back to Endor to pick up vaders helmet.... and probably takes out some revenge on the Ewoks ala Anakin on the Tusken raiders style.

I'll put my neck on the line here and say that this is the SW equivalent of Diagon Alley.  Great figure selection, good display piece and honestly one even grown adults can spend a few mins re-enacting there fave Endor scenes with.

Hate to just re-iterate what others have already said but this one is so unique as a set and appeals not just to SW fans.
Plus pair this up with an Orthanc and you've got a great proxy for the forest of Fangorn.

OMG!!! I'm imagining that in my head and it is glorious. I want to see all of those fuzzballs burn.

58 minutes ago, Loghamel said:

3 of these sets in my LEGO B&M.  Shoulda checked the seals, my bad.  I'll try to go back in the next couple of days and take a look at them.

I predict you will see 51 s5. I have seen that in 3 different Lego stores. They clearly made a new batch for the very end of the year let's see how long they last and if there are any more batches. I think they will last well into next year

6 hours ago, mudcatsfan said:

I predict you will see 51 s5. I have seen that in 3 different Lego stores. They clearly made a new batch for the very end of the year let's see how long they last and if there are any more batches. I think they will last well into next year

S ??? The S sets are made in Europe. Were there also EV sets with xxR4 / xxR5 sealcode sold in the US or were all EV sets sold in the US from the very start with xxSx seal code ? Would be interesting if the first is true. That would mean the Mexico Lego factory hasn't been producing EV any longer and superfluous sets from Europe have been shipped to the US to be sold there. If that's true, then retirement will be imminent...

Edited by Haay

EV was Too in the US for several months so none have been produced there. Perhaps, as you say, they have rerouted EU stock or they simply decided only to make it in Europe now. Again,  knowing if there were past seal codes from Mexico would be useful info.

We could see something similar with Imperial Hotel where there don´t seem to be any more recent codes than week 16 from factory H available in Europe.

2 hours ago, Haay said:

S ??? The S sets are made in Europe. Were there also EV sets with xxR4 / xxR5 sealcode sold in the US or were all EV sets sold in the US from the very start with xxSx seal code ? Would be interesting if the first is true. That would mean the Mexico Lego factory hasn't been producing EV any longer and superfluous sets from Europe have been shipped to the US to be sold there. If that's true, then retirement will be imminent...

Apologies on the S, it was likely R. I never notice the letter,  only the numbers. 

They were each week 51 from 2015.