10236 - UCS: Ewok Village

emazers

So where are we on this one now? I've had my eye on this since it came out but I haven't pulled the trigger because I wanted HH and the Sea Cow first and well I just can't spend that much in one shot. If I get a set this year, it would probably be this one, but I need to know it will still be there...haha.

You have some time. The horde is broke from buying Tumblers. Unless it goes to Sold Out at LEGO Shop at Home. Then you have exactly 38.43 days until end of life.

Guest brickcrazyhouse
20 minutes ago, BrickLegacy said:

You have some time. The horde is broke from buying Tumblers. Unless it goes to Sold Out at LEGO Shop at Home. Then you have exactly 38.43 days until end of life.

Days? 

54 minutes ago, stephen_rockefeller said:

Which large exclusive set that contain ewoks are you basing this opinion on?

Set 7956 was at some time the only way to get some ewoks in retail shops, but it still was a poor seller (if not poor, disappointing for the least, and in 2016 it can still be found in some B&M stores).

This is not a good sign for a bigger version of this set (kind of).

Edited by biniou

It will be interesting to see how this one performs after EOL. With what seems likely to be  2.5-3 year shelf life and considered by many to be poor value for money and not a super seller nor a spaceship, prudence is required. On the plus side, it is a unique sets,unlikely to be remade at the same scale and will likely benefit from SW mania when it goes.

7 minutes ago, valenciaeric said:

It will be interesting to see how this one performs after EOL. With what seems likely to be  2.5-3 year shelf life and considered by many to be poor value for money and not a super seller nor a spaceship, prudence is required. On the plus side, it is a unique sets,unlikely to be remade at the same scale and will likely benefit from SW mania when it goes.

Minimum 2 x RRP after EOL possibly

10 minutes ago, biniou said:

Indeed, and even a good set to quick flip if you can get some with a discount, but I would not keep it for more than 6 or 12 months. ^^

yeah couple of mouth or 10 years lol but i think i have to get at least one of it, but 2 would do just fine. Sometimes for a trade or etc... never knows

6 minutes ago, valenciaeric said:

Yeah, buy-in sub 200 euros and move on at 350ish as this set will be on the horde´s radar as target number 1 right now.

haha that what I was thinking, i was about to post a new thread called, soooo what's next? retiring seasons ending...

i was thinking about what's my next exclusive to buy.

400.00 for this set 2 years after EOL would be fine for me.  Personally, this is one set, i'm holding for the long term.  I bought one last year, and haven't' opened it, although i've been tempted.  I was too busy snagging other things that i've neglected this one.  I'm "hoping" this survives until March..  If it does, i'll buy another, during 2xVIP and take the 25.00 in points that would come with it and then plan on letting my boy build one of them this year.  As most of us know, buying through lego.com beats what you can get through amazon, target, etc in regards to exclusives.  I'd suspect if it makes it to 2xVIP that will be about the time it goes away, although, who knows, it might stick around until the end of the years retirement phase.  We all thought many other sets were going in march of last year, and they seemed to hang around all year.  I personally, think this set is pretty freaking awesome. 

• Like 1

With 17 minifigs included in this set it offers a lot of play value. Quite similar to the DS with its 24 minifigs. It's also a really nice display set, to showcase scenes from Episode VI on the moon of Endor. And it is a non-official UCS set, at least according to: http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/Ultimate_Collector's_Series. It doesn't come with a plaque and UCS logo on the box, but it generally is considered part of the UCS series.

Now that the end of the year retirement rush has passed, I think this set is quite likely as the next Star Wars 'UCS' set to go retired. If not by Q2, then definitely by Q4.

I can understand that the relatively poor performance of the previous Endor sets may make some people wary but this set won the 2013 gimmie lego "best themed set" award as well as the readers choice award.

http://gimmelego.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/the-gimme-lego-awards-2013.html

Ok - granted, the competition for 2013 wasn't as strong as it has been in other years but I think this one stacks up against a lot of sets from recent years.  This one's going to be on a lot of peoples Christmas lists once its gone - I'm glad it's already in my collection :)

This is a great and unique set. I don't think comparing it to any other of the Endor sets is reasonable; it's on a category of its own (Kind of like the Sandcrawler and the upcoming Hoth base)

So true.

I just assume now if the demand will be there for an Ewok play set. The little fur balls weren't in the TFA, most OT fans aren't into Ewoks, their ROTJ celebration didn't spell permanent doom for the Empire / First Order and none of my son's friend and kids I coach ever talk about Ewoks.