10236 - UCS: Ewok Village

emazers

Low chance that LEGO will allocate factory resources to make the parts required for ewok village. Probably they are just consolidating the unsold sets from all corners of the world and do a final sale. Makes more sense to make more sets of SW episode 7 and upcoming super heroes movies.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, valenciaeric said:

If Hoth is the March exclusive,I think so. Many people are saying Big Ben first, though. In that case EV could be a  rare summer retirement.

Didn't SSD? There is a chance this only goes (or is planned to last) until May 4th-ish. I wonder how much more stock TLG really wants to make if there are truly going to be four large SW sets this year.

1 hour ago, valenciaeric said:

and we went through this last year with 10240.

Yep!

I also think people need to learn that there is no correlation to speak of between a set retiring and new sets being released these days. Sure it's a factor but not a useful one for now. Same with movie and holiday timing.

The only real reliable data (besides European discounts perhaps) is that massive numbers of sets sell out in Nov-Dec and a high percentage of them end up retired the following spring.

The status shenanigans from Lego only serve to further confuse us most of the time, so people's time may be better served watching box ink fade than trying to apply any sort of specific logical framework to actual retirement dates.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Grynn said:

Yep!

I also think people need to learn that there is no correlation to speak of between a set retiring and new sets being released these days. Sure it's a factor but not a useful one for now. Same with movie and holiday timing.

The only real reliable data (besides European discounts perhaps) is that massive numbers of sets sell out in Nov-Dec and a high percentage of them end up retired the following spring.

The status shenanigans from Lego only serve to further confuse us most of the time, so people's time may be better served watching box ink fade than trying to apply any sort of specific logical framework to actual retirement dates.

I tend to agree with this..  I think, this sticks around until November/December, then goes away. 

Last year, there were so many sets in January-April I thought were going, that never did.  Many made it until November/December then finally sold out.  I somehow think that's what happens again.  I don't think much will retired until then, especially exclusives. 

It might be good to have Ewok Village and the Hoth Rebel base out together.  Give people some options for the large sets..

41 minutes ago, Grynn said:

Yep!

Retirement speculation is waaaaaay more fun than watching things dry. That and boasting about how many (or few) sets one has gotten and at what discount.

• Like 2

Yep!

Retirement speculation is waaaaaay more fun than watching things dry. That and boasting about how many (or few) sets one has gotten and at what discount.

And again....... I need a triple like button.

1 hour ago, Grynn said:

Yep!

Totally agree. Further new sets don't always push out old sets. We've made this assumption before and been dead wrong.

If we're going to rely on the new set means retiring old set for shelf space purpose, than the GBHQ was the set that retired the Death Star. Who saw that coming? :)

Many thought it was going to be the Ewok Village. I could probably dig up several posts about it.

45 minutes ago, California92563 said:

Shouldn't we know better, yoda doesn't go down without a fight!

Yep. He has a fight that he loses and then slinks away to a swamp planet, spending his twilight years subsisting on filth and trying to keep an emo kid who's the galaxy's last hope from self-destructing. We should expect crushed Ewok Village boxes to linger on shelves until 2019.

10 minutes ago, zak001 said:

Yep. He has a fight that he loses and then slinks away to a swamp planet, spending his twilight years subsisting on filth and trying to keep an emo kid who's the galaxy's last hope from self-destructing. We should expect crushed Ewok Village boxes to linger on shelves until 2019.

He was 900 years old so I think your being a little optimistic ;) 

• Like 1

On October 25, 2015 at 9:17 AM, Locutus001 said:

That's something I don't get... If I open the box to verify the contents (in sealed bags) what's the deal?

Sorry for the misquote for above, is sticking to my post for some reason.

anyways...if you go back to page 17 (around the 25th of July) Lego themselves posted on LEGO Shop at Home that it would be unavailable for sale until January. Some speculate it was some form of selling penalty. Who knows the true reason. Regardless, you should not have been taken by surprise by this.