10236 - UCS: Ewok Village

emazers

HAVE to contact Lego? No. They can return or exchange it at a store...If you're the seller, you are responsible for the contents of the item you're selling...

Sometimes it's not just a piece or two. Sometimes it's a an entire bag...

If the store still sells it. If it is retired then yes, they HAVE to contact Lego. I bought a Lord Business Lair a year ago. I built it last week. It was missing one of the white round column pieces but had an extra hose. I could have tried to take it back to Walmart and even if it was in the return window they would have said "sorry, we don't sell that any more". I would have just been out of luck if not for Lego.

If the store still sells it. If it is retired then yes, they HAVE to contact Lego. I bought a Lord Business Lair a year ago. I built it last week. It was missing one of the white round column pieces but had an extra hose. I could have tried to take it back to Walmart and even if it was in the return window they would have said "sorry, we don't sell that any more". I would have just been out of luck if not for Lego.

as far as i know if its within the return window you can return anything IF you have a receipt.

Edited by jerryherb

• 2 weeks later...

There are still tons of these available at brick and motor stores. Lego has been loading up all their stores with many sets so they don't run out at Christmas- they will let online go out of stock.

re- selling Misb

all my Lego auctions are basically no box sealed bags, not one complaint. When I was selling misb, I had 2 complants that seals were not intact. I won, but it was a pain to deal with.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/5/2015, 7:28:19, stillinamerica said:

There are still tons of these available at brick and motor stores. Lego has been loading up all their stores with many sets so they don't run out at Christmas- they will let online go out of stock.

re- selling Misb

all my Lego auctions are basically no box sealed bags, not one complaint. When I was selling misb, I had 2 complants that seals were not intact. I won, but it was a pain to deal with.

How much do you lower the price by selling without the box? If I'm a buyer...and it's like $20 more...without the box...I'll pay the $20 but that's just me.

Edited by Lego_Monsters

1 hour ago, s3110950 said:

My local Target Australia are selling these @ 20% off. All 5 sets seal codes were 46S4. Does anyone think this is going to be a winner after EOL? With Ep7 around the corner i wonder if they would retire this set?

May i Ask where you local is?

Fwiw, i think it will be a winner 

52 minutes ago, ED-209 said:

May i Ask where you local is?

Fwiw, i think it will be a winner 

I am in country SA, today is the last day of the lego sales @ target. Perhaps check your local stores. You cant order them online anymore.

EW.jpg

32 minutes ago, Ciglione said:

Seal code 46S4 looks like retirement is imminent. Or you aussies do not like the Ewoks.

Looks like i will have to clear out all 5 sets. I do think Ewok is a slow seller somehow. EW was going for 300 AUD last year for 2 months at my local target and not 1 set was sold. Perhaps thats why I am still seeing 46S4 here.

1 hour ago, s3110950 said:

I am in country SA, today is the last day of the lego sales @ target. Perhaps check your local stores. You cant order them online anymore.

EW.jpg

Looks like i will have to clear out all 5 sets. I do think Ewok is a slow seller somehow. EW was going for 300 AUD last year for 2 months at my local target and not 1 set was sold. Perhaps thats why I am still seeing 46S4 here.

They have Target stores in South Africa?

16 minutes ago, s3110950 said:

Interesting. And you can not buy online LEGO Shop at Home. It shows available but with quantity 0. Similar to MSC, which came back from Sold out a few days ago.

I returned two of mine when I took them off lay-by. The impression that I received from the Customer Service Rep is that this set is a curse to Target.

Yeah i could see this one being on the way out.  On "sale" during the pre brick friday LEGO Shop at Home (although 5% aint great).  Personally I think this will be a post EOL winner (despite the general poor showing of Battle of Endor set).

I stand by my research that any lego set with the word "village" in the title is an EOL winner (or maybe just an under appreciated epic set).

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Lego_Yoda said:

What i don't understand about this set (yet) is how can it be going for > rrp on ebay (in the UK anyway).  I know its TOOS but available in most B&M and you'd get the gingerbread house!

Is there a "buying habits of Lego end users I just don't understand" forum I can ask this one in? :)

How close to a B&M store are you? Time, fuel and parking can cost way more than a little over retail or minor discount.   I’m fairly close to 2 stores, but it’s still an hour each way in light traffic.  

FWIW, my sister in melbourne Australia just bought 5 of these from Target and they are all 10S5. Target Australia has this 20% off EV ongoing beyond their catalogue lego promotion. It looks like they are just getting rid of their remaining stocks. You also can not find EV available on any online sites in Australia... 

http://www.target.com.au/p/lego-reg-star-wars-trade-ewok-trade-village-1-236/56047332

Edited by s3110950

FWIW, my sister in melbourne Australia just bought 5 of these from Target and they are all 10S5. Target Australia has this 20% off EV ongoing beyond their catalogue lego promotion. It looks like they are just getting rid of their remaining stocks. You also can not find EV available on any online sites in Australia... 

http://www.target.com.au/p/lego-reg-star-wars-trade-ewok-trade-village-1-236/56047332

Well your sister is probably in for a bit of butt hurt. We don't go that crazy for SW in our neck of the woods. For this reason, I returned 2.

Target held exclusive rights to this set, same as Arkham Asylum.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...