10236 - UCS: Ewok Village

emazers

Yes. Although that map is a bit dated.

First rule of any map - it's only as good as the data it uses.

Notice that Denmark isn't even in the top 10 on that list.

Why would Disney have any input whatsoever on TLG retirement timelines? 

The point I'm trying to make is that Disney doesn't have any input on general time lines, but the possibility exists that over Disney owned IP, they could.

Unless we see the contracts, we'll never know what the deal is between Disney/Lucasfilm and Lego. For all we know, the reason the Death Star is the Live Star is because The contracts between Lucasfilm and Lego said that the Death Star will be evergreen.

How did Monster Fighters fare as a product series. It seems only Haunted house really gained much traction. I entered too late to know the history of this series, but maybe a decision was made to cut bait on the entire line?

i do remember that before TH vanished that the set was receiving mild popularity and the higher msrp drove more buyers towards lower priced GE, PS, PR, PC...so it would make sense that Lego pull the plug.

Haunted House was around for an extra 6 months after the rest of the MF was finished.  TRU had stragglers of a couple of sets until the fall though.

Temporarily Out of Stock, Check back in January for Availability. 

This reminds me of last year when the Batman Tumbler went out of stock within a couple weeks, then it said check back in January.

Simpsons House had the same statement for September and became available again this month. Not sure what to make of it. 

I guess? For costumes and candy sure, but $180 Lego sets? I don't know of any of that. I don't know what the 1%ers are up to (those neighborhoods have gates), but i don't think the average consumer is buying giant Lego sets for Halloween. I could be wrong but I have never heard of people doing that in my life.

I agree with your point, but one thing to remember is that a lot of people like to decorate their homes, inside and out, for Halloween. Next to Christmas, Halloween has to be one of the biggest holidays for decorating. Some people set up a Christmas village every year. We put together our Haunted House the first weekend of October and proudly display it on our kitchen table for the entire month.

• Like 2

I am building this set with my son right now & I really like it. Some redundancy in building the trees, but the detail and the minifigs make this a great set imo. Makes me glad I have a few for when it does retire - whenever that is.

I am building this set with my son right now & I really like it. Some redundancy in building the trees, but the detail and the minifigs make this a great set imo. Makes me glad I have a few for when it does retire - whenever that is.

Redundancy?

• Like 3

Redundancy?

• Like 3