10236 - UCS: Ewok Village

emazers

I actually just bought one to build and thought it was extremely fun in doing so.  But the kids think it is an awesome set and are fighting over whose room it can stay in for display.  My youngest has already had it invaded by the ninjas.   There must be 25 ninjago guys all over it.  It is very amusing to me, but very fun for them.  I will be picking up more of these as I think this set for many fathers like me has hit a nostalgic nerve. The more of these UCS sets and Advanced models that come out the more I want all of them (-Ferrari). These will be winners for sure.

• Like 4

Took my eye of the ball and have just seen it is down to less than 50 at SAH EU when there has been plenty of time to restock. This set could very well be the first exclusive to retire this season.

That indeed will be interesting to watch. With the end of the year slowly approaching some set will disappear, interesting which ones will leave the party first. Logic is that EV will leave the stage before SC, but I have a funny feeling that SC will be a short production run and may quit for good any time now.

• Like 1

Hmm. I wonder if the death star will finally be retired at the end of the year if this is the case of the ewok village possibly being its replacement. 

New sets don't always push out old sets. We've made this assumption before and been dead wrong. (like in this very thread 2 years ago)

Edited by mudcatsfan

Who thought Lego cared at all about HH and Halloween? I don't get that. Is Halloween really a big $200 Lego set selling holiday? When did TH and HH have a message that said more would be back in a few months?

I find it hard to believe that lego would retire any large SW set this year with E7 amping up all SW hype.

Really?  It would seem pretty logical from a business perspective to retire some of the older and larger sets, and replace them with newer and larger sets that are actually based on the new movie.  It's not like kids are going to walk away from Force Awakens begging their parents to get them a set that is based on an entirely different movie or adults are going to walk away thinking "Gosh, those First Order badguys are really bada**, I really need to go pick up Ewok Village."   

• Like 2

Really?  It would seem pretty logical from a business perspective to retire some of the older and larger sets, and replace them with newer and larger sets that are actually based on the new movie.  It's not like kids are going to walk away from Force Awakens begging their parents to get them a set that is based on an entirely different movie or adults are going to walk away thinking "Gosh, those First Order badguys are really bada**, I really need to go pick up Ewok Village."   

There's a Hoth scene in TFA?