10236 - UCS: Ewok Village

emazers

People have no idea if EV is a good seller or not (they don't have access to Lego sales forecast #s).

When they say it's not good as UCS sets it's prob due to diff reasons. Overall design , targeted market of buyers, looks more like a Hasbro you, it's not a ship, etc... Note : EV is not a UCS set

I think the UCS vs Non-UCS argument matters to a very small subset of folks. 

If you LOVE star wars and want the biggest and the best, you want the Ewok Village, you want the Death Star and you don't give a flip whether it comes with a black sign that says it's a UCS. 

As to it looking more like a Hasbro, it actually looks alot like a Kenner, and that is a compliment to folks of my vintage:)

ewokvillage-catalog.jpg

LEGO-Star-Wars-Ewok-Village-2.jpg

• Like 2

I think the UCS vs Non-UCS argument matters to a very small subset of folks. 

If you LOVE star wars and want the biggest and the best, you want the Ewok Village, you want the Death Star and you don't give a flip whether it comes with a black sign that says it's a UCS. 

As to it looking more like a Hasbro, it actually looks alot like a Kenner, and that is a compliment to folks of my vintage:)

LEGO-Star-Wars-Ewok-Village-2.jpg

How about this Kenner comparison pic instead. Ha

i mentioned Hasbro because they own the Kenner name :(

image.jpg

• Like 3

What does this mean exactly?  I've never heard of a set being demoted from "exclusive" status.

From what i can tell (please correct me if i'm wrong) In Europe some exclusives start out in Lego stores and then end up in multiple retailers on store shelves. 

Whereas in the US, exclusives often start as Lego stores and online only, and after a few months get added to the online versions of walmart, target, toys r us, amazon, etc, but our exclusives never truly hit store shelves (except for the Ideas sets).

That sound about right?

• Like 1

From what i can tell (please correct me if i'm wrong) In Europe some exclusives start out in Lego stores and then end up in multiple retailers on store shelves. 

Whereas in the US, exclusives often start as Lego stores and online only, and after a few months get added to the online versions of walmart, target, toys r us, amazon, etc, but our exclusives never truly hit store shelves (except for the Ideas sets).

That sound about right?

The R5 was never as exclusive as for example the Tumbler. In Germany the Tumbler is only available @ LEGO Shop at Home and in official LEGO brand stores. R5 was already available at TRU and Galeria from the beginning. Being not exclusive anymore this set could now appear in every toy store. The question is: Which toy store (beside TRU and Galeria) is happy to sell a 2 y/o 200€ model?

That sound about right?

Yup, it seems to be that way in the EU, after around 3 months. Another thing is what shops actually order and stock. Some big chains may also do country exclusive deals with Lego for certain sets, like TRU in the US.

The R5 was never as exclusive as for example the Tumbler. In Germany the Tumbler is only available @ LEGO Shop at Home and in official LEGO brand stores. R5 was already available at TRU and Galeria from the beginning. Being not exclusive anymore this set could now appear in every toy store. The question is: Which toy store (beside TRU and Galeria) is happy to sell a 2 y/o 200€ model?

Give it another 2 years and I'd be happy to have a few of these stashed away for my fictional store :) .  Definitely in my top 10 favorite sets out at the moment.  Maybe its a case of Lego wanting to free up warehouse/store space for the new stuff so "dumping" this one out on general release.

Speculation as always but could be taken as a sign of the last "hurragh" (probably not though - can't see why this one would retire now given how iconic the set is unless they wanted to "kill" any competition for the new x-wing fighter being released).

Off topic but what is beginning to tick me off is that when I search for ewok village on eBay I also get all the winter village listings returned. Much as I like winter village its the ewok one I'm after darn it :)

Adding -winter to your eBay searches will solve your problem...

• 2 weeks later...

I need some help, folks.  I just bought and received a set of the Ewok Village from Amazon Warehouse deals.  It's listed as very good - package damaged condition.  I just received it, and yes, obviously the box is somewhat crushed on one side, which I am okay with.  However, all seals are broken and and the box was re-taped.  I am concerned about the contents and whether or not I actually received all contents.  There are 16 numbered bags and 2 un-numbered bags in the box, along with the instructions, and one loose tan plate.   All bags are sealed, and the instructions are sealed.  However, according to this review here: http://brickset.com/article/7405/review-10236-ewok-village there are supposed to be 17 numbered bags.  Is that true?  I cannot find any other reviews that reference exactly how many bags or how many of each number bags are in the set. And I can't tell from the instructions how many bags are there.  Can some body help me, please?

Here is the content that I received:

1 bag of #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6

2 bags of #7, #8, #9

3 bags of #10

1 bag of #11

2 un-numbered bags

1 loose tan plate

Can somebody let me know if I am indeed, missing a bag, and if so, which number? 

Edited by humanvege

Guest brickcrazyhouse

I need some help, folks.  I just bought and received a set of the Ewok Village from Amazon Warehouse deals.  It's listed as very good - package damaged condition.  I just received it, and yes, obviously the box is somewhat crushed on one side, which I am okay with.  However, all seals are broken and and the box was re-taped.  I am concerned about the contents and whether or not I actually received all contents.  There are 16 numbered bags and 2 un-numbered bags in the box, along with the instructions, and one loose tan plate.   All bags are sealed, and the instructions are sealed.  However, according to this review here: http://brickset.com/article/7405/review-10236-ewok-village there are supposed to be 17 numbered bags.  Is that true?  I cannot find any other reviews that reference exactly how many bags or how many of each number bags are in the set. And I can't tell from the instructions how many bags are there.  Can some body help me, please?

2 bags of #7, #8, #9

3 bags of #10

1 bag of #11

2 un-numbered bags

1 loose tan plate

Can somebody let me know if I am indeed, missing a bag, and if so, which number? 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFIETIGIdwk

Thanks!!!!!!  this means the other written review I found had false information???  The review referenced 17 numbered bags, and according to the video it seems like theres only 16 - exactly what I received.  So i guess i did get everything.

I got an EV from AWD about a week ago. I haven't had time to open it up to check contents yet. I will do my best to do it either tonight or tomorrow morning.

Try looking at the How Many Bags thread and see if anyone has posted in there.

Better check to get a peace of mind!  Maybe your box is only damaged but seals intact? Good luck!

Edited by humanvege

Thanks!!!!!!  this means the other written review I found had false information???  The review referenced 17 numbered bags, and according to the video it seems like theres only 16 - exactly what I received.  So i guess i did get everything. Better check to get a peace of mind!  Maybe your box is only damaged but seals intact? Good luck!

My box only had a small amount of damage and seals were intact. It's for personal build

I normally check my AWD purchases right away, but life got busy this past week...

Maybe slightly off topic but anyone have any good tips on how i can customise a ghost/spirit version of Yoda, Obi Wan and Anakin for this set?  I honestly think that including them would make this set next level!

Could just rip some from a haunted house and hope Luke got some serious retina damage from taking that electric assault from the emperor but wondering if anyones got any better solutions/ideas.

• Like 1

2 bags of #7, #8, #9

3 bags of #10

1 bag of #11

2 un-numbered bags

1 loose tan plate

Just as a follow up, I'm confirming that the one I got on AWD a couple weeks back, which appeared to be sealed, does have the same contents.

Just as a follow up, I'm confirming that the one I got on AWD a couple weeks back, which appeared to be sealed, does have the same contents.

Thank you so much for confirming the contents.  I also did manage to put together the set over the weekend. 16 numbered bags is correct.  Though I have all the bags the set is missing 3 small pieces.  Will be requesting Lego for the missing pieces. 

I can't imagine how the other review could have the wrong number bags or confusion between bags 6 and 9 since these ppl build legos day in and day out.  Maybe earlier sets did have different number bags?  oh well...

Thank you!!!

Edited by humanvege
  • Like 1

just opened my AWD Ewok Village today.  Box isnt in good shape at all.  seals gone and taped up on one side.  but to confirm, i too had the same amount of bags as you guys ... i was hoping that the box was in better shape ... i dont plan on building this at all ... just for investment.  any opinions on if i should return it or hold onto it because it will stilll net me a profit down the road.

just opened my AWD Ewok Village today.  Box isnt in good shape at all.  seals gone and taped up on one side.  but to confirm, i too had the same amount of bags as you guys ... i was hoping that the box was in better shape ... i dont plan on building this at all ... just for investment.  any opinions on if i should return it or hold onto it because it will stilll net me a profit down the road.

How much did you pay for it? In all truth I'd probably keep it at any entry price below the traditional 5% in VIP Points.