10236 - UCS: Ewok Village

emazers

Take this for what you want...I went to the lego store last week, and talked to an employee that has worked there for 5+ yrs, and kind of knows what he's talking about.  He said that a little while back, a manager at one of the lego stores, had accidentally marked down EV at his store for 20% off. He said that because of that violation for marking down an exclusive, that the lego stores, and Lego.com will not be selling  EV for a few months, as a penalty or something like that.   I didn't know what to make of it at the time, but it does kind of make sense now, with this "check back in Jan." on lego.com.  Hmmm...I dunno, but I've been buying a few here and there, just incase.

As odd as that policy may appear, that is right in line with a similar incident involving SH that was handled the same way.

Edited by rebuild
Original post referenced not included.

This is just IMO, but I've been thinking about this for awhile since the Simpsons House TOOS w/message and given the latest Ewok Village TOOS w/January message.

It's possible Lego is going to a rotating production schedule with existing sets.  Meaning, Simpsons House will be produced for X amount of months and when inventory from Shop at Home sells out, it is gone from there until they resume production for September.  Why it's not gone yet from Target, Amazon, Wal Mart etc... is still a question other than maybe it is a set that is not a good seller.  The same could be said for Ewok Village.  Retirement could be delayed for many sets if a rotating schedule is planned.

• Like 2

As odd as that policy may appear, that is right in line with a similar incident involving SH that was handled the same way.

care to elaborate? I don't see why lego would create a shortage spanning well beyond the holiday season, with the movie coming out on top of that, due to one manager goof off . 

I'm still convinced this set is on the way, and probably the message was put up there to throw investors off track from going all death star on the remaining sets out in the wild.  A strong tactic for sure.  I'll check back in January when they give it the retirement tag.

I think the most likely scenario is that with all the new sets coming out they have no production capacity left before the x-mas period to make another production run of EV. And between now and January is a loooonnnnggg time - depending on the success of all other sets they might just decide that production capacity for EV might never come back again ....or produce 10000 more in January.

Rank on Amazon when Lego updated status : 2703

Rank this morning : 2093

Not a DS type of a hysteria. Not yet anyhow . 

I think people are becoming leery of any special LEGO notation after the Death Star "Sold Out" debacle, so they are having little effect on the market.

I got an alert email yesterday morning from amazon saying my EV would be delayed due to an issue with the carrier. I knew right away it would not arrive in good condition. Today I received it and I was right. The shipping box was crushed in on both sides but not too bad, I had hope. Opened it up and all 3 seals on one side were popped and the box had a nice crush/bend in it. 

I got an alert email yesterday morning from amazon saying my EV would be delayed due to an issue with the carrier. I knew right away it would not arrive in good condition. Today I received it and I was right. The shipping box was crushed in on both sides but not too bad, I had hope. Opened it up and all 3 seals on one side were popped and the box had a nice crush/bend in it. 

Same thing happened to me. Folks should be on the lookout for some on AWD soon.

Yep, heard the same thing about SH. The reasoning was that if TLG was going to punish other retailers for discounting exclusives, they had to hold themselves to the same standard.

They do that so they can control what's being sold and to whom. If you reek of resellerness then they can just say no we don't have any. Most resellers think they are being sly but trust me we can be spotted from a mile away. My lego stores do this with QFLL sets and sets that are close to retirement.

We have a certain smell that we reek of? :stink:

They do that so they can control what's being sold and to whom. If you reek of resellerness then they can just say no we don't have any. Most resellers think they are being sly but trust me we can be spotted from a mile away. My lego stores do this with QFLL sets and sets that are close to retirement.

We have a certain smell that we reek of? :stink:

The smell of :drool: over potential :money: 

• Like 2