Star Wars 2024

brickvoyeur

Posted (edited)

I just placed four orders exceeding $160 each and did receive all the extras on each order.

#1 UCS TIE Interceptor

#2 R2 & Droideka

#3 Mid Falcon, Boarding Party, BARC Speeder

#4 Mid Invis Hand, Boarding Party, Clone/Droid pack, Yoda's ship

The online store site is really laggy right now too

Edited by cardensb
added more info

Im definitely buying the imperial star destroyer.  And this time adding it to the collection.  I bought a bunch of the last one in 2014 but never opened any and sold my last one a few years ago.  Definitely decent returns for that last version..

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
On 2/9/2024 at 1:02 PM, exciter1 said:

Sell Sell

IMG_1954.jpeg

I read and saw the same online this week about the Captain Rex minifigure being the same in both sets.  Day one purchase for me and the set has been changed to blue.

Edited by LegoWalker4
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure if the future The Acolyte sets will be as undesirable as the Young Jedi series, but I don't see much legs from an investment perspective. We'll have to see what kinds of ships they produce.

I watched the first two episodes and it's just not very fun, kind of bleak, more Disney Star Wars. The acting and writing is questionable and the only highlights were Master Sol and Jecki. The CGI also seems off, more video game quality than cinematic. The mystery figure is the only thing holding my attention, I could care less about the core story. The Critics scores on Rotten Tomatoes are laughable. Disney/Lucasfilm has such a stranglehold on the critics and shills.

• Like 1

I don't know...I find it hard to believe that The Acolyte will be any worse than Episodes VII - IX.  I won't write more than that here just now in case people still haven't watched the first two episodes.  I hate spoilers.

As for investment potential, if Lego only makes one set ever with the Big Bad, and he/she has a unique molded helmet (looks like it should from the various trailers we've seen), then I could see that set having strong potential.  Just look at what the Darth Malgus figure sells for these days.

Dear Lego (since I know you are lurking)

The Acolyte up to Ep3 has been lackluster, a few minutes on Youtube will find more criticism than fandom clips. 

The characters have not been developed enough for me to care about any of them.  The plot and story is poor at best (ep2 perfect example). Yes, the scenery and costumes are well done but play sets never do as well as ships in SW's lego sales and so far the ships are not notable enough to want to collect, buy, build or even hold to resell in 10 years. Maybe you can do a Jedi temple in mini scale with a few Jedi where shiny gold and bright white robes along with an antagonist or two and call it a day.  Get back to some Andor or Ahsoka content.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, cardensb said:

Dear Lego (since I know you are lurking)

The Acolyte up to Ep3 has been lackluster, a few minutes on Youtube will find more criticism than fandom clips. 

The characters have not been developed enough for me to care about any of them.  The plot and story is poor at best (ep2 perfect example). Yes, the scenery and costumes are well done but play sets never do as well as ships in SW's lego sales and so far the ships are not notable enough to want to collect, buy, build or even hold to resell in 10 years. Maybe you can do a Jedi temple in mini scale with a few Jedi where shiny gold and bright white robes along with an antagonist or two and call it a day.  Get back to some Andor or Ahsoka content.

seriously...given all the possibilities (especially with all the ready inspirations of the current roster of great ships in the SW universe)..the ships on this show are SOOOOO LAME!

Edited by $20 on joe vs dan

image.thumb.png.0757d2412207c009a8e9e7e5677fba49.png

75397 Jabba's Sail Barge
• Includes 3942 pieces
• Minifigures: Huttslayer Leia, R2-D2, C-3PO, Jabba The Hutt, Bib Fortuna,
  Salacious B. Crumb, Max Rebo, Klaatu, Nikto, Gamorrean Guard
• US $499.99 - DE/FR €549.99 - UK £429.99
• Release: OCTOBER 3RD 2024

Want the whole gang from the scene? Buy the DLC

75396 - Escape From the Sarlacc Pit
• Includes 558 pieces
• Minifigures: Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, Chewbacca, Lando Calarisian, Boba Fett,
  Weequay, Nien Nunb (Anniversary Minifig)
• US $79.99 - DE/FR €TBA - UK £TBA
• Release: AUGUST 1ST 2024
• UPC: 673419389631 / DPCI: 204-00-9740

• Like 2

How does this Jabba's barge and desert skiff sets compare to prior sets?

We don't know how any of the figures or droids will be improved from earlier versions.  What color of cape will Boba Fett wear? Play features?

Each version has included a variety of figures but consistently included Jabba, Leia and a buildable R2.

Comparison stats:

75397 - Releases in 2024 for ~$500 - 3942 pieces, 9x Figures + 1x buildable droid: Jabba, Bib Fortuna, Salacious B. Crumb, Max Rebo, Klaatu guard, Nikto guard, Gam Guard, Leia, R2, and C3PO

6020 - Released in 2006 for ~$75 - 781 pieces, 6x Figures + 1x buildable droid: Jabba, Gam Guard, R2, Leia, Luke, Lando, and Boba Fett (included a guard's skiff and the Sarlacc Pit)

75020 - released in 2013 for ~$120 - 850 pieces, 5x Figures = 1x buildable droid: Jabba, Leia, R2, Max, Weequay guard and Ree-Yees figures; this set would be accompanied by the 2012 desert skiff set to match the 6020 completeness.

This set knocks the others out of the park to include the last "UCS" 75020 with over 4x the piece count and about twice as many figures and droids. I have not owned a barge set yet procrastinating buying one on the secondary market anticipating this release which had been rumored on and off for the last several years.

Desert Skiff comparisons:

The Desert Skiff set seems to be a vast improvement too beginning with an additional set themed character and the Anniversary figure plus twice the pieces overall.

75396 - releases in 2024 for ~$80 with 558 pieces and 5x figures: Luke, Han, Chewie, Lando, Bob Fett, Weequay and 25th Anniversary figure Nien Nunb.

9496 - released in 2012 for ~$24 with 201 pieces and 4x figures: Luke, Lando, a guard and Bob Fett

75174 - released in 2017 for ~$30 with 277 pieces and 4x figures: Han, Chewie, a guard and Bob Fett

I really liked the 75174 build so it will be interesting to see how it is improved on, I hope it is just not more pieces for the Sarlacc Pit. I did not think the 9496 set was well designed and sold it not long after building it.