41999 - 4x4 Crawler Exclusive Edition

Rich B

Well, I'm looking for someone to help me bring in a large sum of money from South Africa. All I need is the last digit of your Exclusive Edition Crawler license plate and we can complete the transfer. You will be paid US $10,000,000 for your participation when the transaction is complete.

01100101 01101100 01100101 01110110 01100101 01101110

Guest eightbrick

a binary translator i found translates it to "eleven"

LOL same. Watch your mouth exciter, we wouldn't want to hurt no feelings! You gotta straighten' up, buddy... or I'll have to put the old 011100110110111101100001011100000000110100001010 in your mouth (and no, it's not that disgusting thought that just crossed your mind)!  :rofl:

LOL

LOL same. Watch your mouth exciter, we wouldn't want to hurt no feelings! You gotta straighten' up, buddy... or I'll have to put the old 011100110110111101100001011100000000110100001010 in your mouth (and no, it's not that disgusting thought that just crossed your mind)!  :rofl:

LOL, I had to get out my Ovaltine binary decoder ring for that one.

Guest eightbrick

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdA__2tKoIU

Classic movie. I try to watch it every year.

Guest TabbyBoy

LOL

Did you know that there are 10 types of Lego investor? Those that understand binary and those that don't!

That would be cool if number 00666 was an all red version with flames down the side. :devil:

How smart would Lego have been to do something like this where some of the "special" numbered plates actually had slightly different pieces?  Then people would have really really wanted to open them instead of just reselling them straight from the store.

I think Occam's Razor applies here. Lots of fun theories and questions, but the simplest explanation is probably it. They had a contest, produced a run of 20,000, and now they're done. The brains at Lego have probably already moved on to the next two or three limited edition ideas we can all get excited about in the future. Yes, they appear to be taking some steps to curb high volume resellers (or suspected resellers). But to think that they are going to rerelease 41999, a couple of months after it was released, requires a parlay of things to happen that are pretty unlikely. My 2 cents. Props to those who made money on it already. Those who are still holding, congrats, you'll probably make as much or more money in the future. Winners all around IMO.

• Like 2

Yes...I just shipped him 2 more today. He mentioned Ed in md. He has almost 300 he said. He wants as many as he can get for 400 or less. We already sent him 2 last month outside of ebay. This time one on ebay...then he asked if I had anymore to sell..so he got my last one...that I wanted to flip. Picky on box condition..must be perfect and shipped must be recieved perfect..or he refuses shipments.