41999 - 4x4 Crawler Exclusive Edition

Rich B

Please read between the lines.  Many of you are counting on Lego being done releasing these sets.  Why?  There is no proof of 20,000 sets being sold.  Mos Eisley's statement about the Crawler being sold for $275 at Christmas is not based on current inventory, but new inventory.  It has become very apparent that Lego wants to mess with the psyches of resellers.  Get ready for a new batch of SE Crawlers before Christmas.  

Please read between the lines.  Many of you are counting on Lego being done releasing these sets.  Why?  There is no proof of 20,000 sets being sold.  Mos Eisley's statement about the Crawler being sold for $275 at Christmas is not based on current inventory, but new inventory.  It has become very apparent that Lego wants to mess with the psyches of resellers.  Get ready for a new batch of SE Crawlers before Christmas.  

I agree. Lego is trying to mess with all the resellers by putting a LE Lego set out in the market. When we think that there will be no more released, they will release more, adding more frustration to the resellers.

All 41999 production had ended. The last batch had already been shipped to lego stores in NA and Europe around the last week of August or the first week of September. I believe they were sold out in just a few days. LEGO Shop at Home is not accepting any exchanges for damaged box and only offers refund for return.

The lego company is not going to hold inventory at their warehouses at Billund or Southaven just to release the set again before Christmas to "mess with the resellers". They are not going to make any "non-exclusive" version of the 41999 to upset the large amount of hardcore Technic fan who bought the set on day one.

The 41999 was a one time only 20,000 limited set produced for the lego technic competition, other toy manufacturers had also produced limited sets once in a while. LEGO is now focusing on selling the 9398 regular 4x4 crawler instead. Staff were told to redirect people who inquire the 41999 to the regular 9398.

• Like 3

Guest idunno101

I don't get why so many people think that Lego is out to get people and trying to mess with them. Personally I'm going with Lego's word that only 20,000 were released. I don't think Lego would bother selling more and taking the chance of being sued for false advertising just to get the joy of "messing with resellers". It's just too much work and trouble for them just to get the small payoff of messing with a few heads.

Yep I heard they are also releasing another batch of 10179's just before New Years to further mess with resellers, and a round of 10196's just before Easter 2014 to thoroughly drive them insane. Going to be epic.

Seems pretty obvious to me...guy in NJ I sold to said he got 18417. All stores in my area said no more are coming. It's done.

Just because there are some high numbers out there doesn't mean they are all gone. Perhaps they released chunks from all different number ranges???  Do I think LEGO is going crazy coming up with schemes like this, no not really, but you never know.

As an objective observer and long term investor, it does not really matter to me if there are still some SE Crawlers to be sold through LEGO S@H or stores.  That being said, I have not seen any information that makes me think that there is more to be released.  But the Minecraft situation still is too fresh in my memory to write off the fact that it's possible that some new 41999s will mysteriously appear on the primary retail market for a short run.  We might be talking a couple of thousand sets...or just enough to generate some excitement in the LEGO world.

• Like 1

As an objective observer and long term investor, it does not really matter to me if there are still some SE Crawlers to be sold through LEGO LEGO Shop at Home or stores.  That being said, I have not seen any information that makes me think that there is more to be released.  But the Minecraft situation still is too fresh in my memory to write off the fact that it's possible that some new 41999s will mysteriously appear on the primary retail market for a short run.  We might be talking a couple of thousand sets...or just enough to generate some excitement in the LEGO world.

And with LEGO's "Limited Edition" sets, no one really checks to make sure they only release 5,000 or 10,000 of a certain set. Obviously it isn't like Minecraft where it earned a permanent spot on the LEGO website, but who knows? Maybe a few thousand were added to the bunch. Unlike the Mr. Gold event, there isn't any way to track the numbers of the sets other than by word of mouth. Er, post.

Just noticed - This thread has just 7 fewer followers than the "What LEGO set did you buy today" thread! 96-103

Edit: Now just 6 fewer. I am now subscribed to this thread. :D

And with LEGO's "Limited Edition" sets, no one really checks to make sure they only release 5,000 or 10,000 of a certain set. Obviously it isn't like Minecraft where it earned a permanent spot on the LEGO website, but who knows? Maybe a few thousand were added to the bunch. Unlike the Mr. Gold event, there isn't any way to track the numbers of the sets other than by word

What about the individually numbered license plates?

I'm sure production of all 20,000 units had already ended but who really knows whether or not all of those have been sold as of now? It is not difficult to see Lego intentionally holding a certain amount of them to be sold at a later date especially with the holiday spending season coming up very soon. This thing about them mainly doing it 'just to mess with resellers' is a little pretentious, don't you think? Yes, they would like to get stock into the hands of builders primarily but let's not turn this into another wierd conspiracy theory (even if those are fun to debate).

• Like 1

Let's not forget that TRU hasnt even started selling their 41999s, which leads me to believe they are still waiting to receive them from LEGO.

TRU did receive a small amount of 41999 in stores on the third week of August. They were all sold out.

Like I said - No one is tracking these numbers, so it is entirely probable that LEGO is releasing more than one of a few numbers. I'm just throwing the possibility out there, not necessarily saying that it is definite.

Would Lamborghini do the same thing with its limited model?

All 41999 production had ended. The last batch had already been shipped to lego stores in NA and Europe around the last week of August or the first week of September. I believe they were sold out in just a few days. LEGO Shop at Home is not accepting any exchanges for damaged box and only offers refund for return.

The lego company is not going to hold inventory at their warehouses at Billund or Southaven just to release the set again before Christmas to "mess with the resellers". They are not going to make any "non-exclusive" version of the 41999 to upset the large amount of hardcore Technic fan who bought the set on day one.

The 41999 was a one time only 20,000 limited set produced for the lego technic competition, other toy manufacturers had also produced limited sets once in a while. LEGO is now focusing on selling the 9398 regular 4x4 crawler instead. Staff were told to redirect people who inquire the 41999 to the regular 9398.