41999 - 4x4 Crawler Exclusive Edition

Rich B

Some people just don't understand the value in a nice conversation... Anyway everything you could want to know about 41999 is in this thread.

And I hardly think tangents on Lego policies or jokes are useless.

100% agree on this but..........it seems that people are just posting thing just to post now, no real useful info has been posted for quite a few pages thus the tangents.
  • Like 1

Just typing a post here to help the efforts to take over "What Lego set did you buy today" as the #1 topic in "Hottest Topics" list.

Wait, I need to keep this post somewhat on topic:

BREAKING NEWS !!!!  41999 is an awesome set. I have a few boxes and any of you can have 1 or all of them for a price :)

There, a post for both tangent lovers and haters :D :D :D

There is value to keeping things on topic. I can see that this isn't going to happen with this thread so I will just unsubscribe. 

Thanks to everyone on this site that does post meaningful things to help investors and fans of Lego.

Most of the people who have posted in the last 3 pages do. Not everything is going to be perfectly written the way you want it.

Some people just don't understand the value in a nice conversation... Anyway everything you could want to know about 41999 is in this thread.

And I hardly think tangents on Lego policies or jokes are useless.

I know right? I have found most of it pretty entertaining. It is more fun than work.

I actually think discussing how many sets someone has, and questioning the validity of someone claiming they have 200 of them is absolutely relevant. As an investor, I would like to get a sense of how many of these sets are being hoarded away, and all of this is data to help me calculate that (in my head and gut at the very least). The thought to me that a single person (or group of people) can get 200 of this set - 1% of the total set population - is crazy to me and has the opportunity to affect when I might decide to sell.

So I think there is some relevance in the discussion. I also want to know when these truly stop showing up at Lego stores - I find it strange that stores are still getting dozens of these in some locations, when it is sold out for so long on LEGO Shop at Home.

Just typing a post here to help the efforts to take over "What Lego set did you buy today" as the #1 topic in "Hottest Topics" list.

this^

I know right? I have found most of it pretty entertaining. It is more fun than work.

and this^

On topic .. my Toys R US Canada order for a couple crawlers is still on "back order." I sent them a really nasty email yesterday... usually they respond pretty quickly but I haven't heard anything from them. I am perfectly aware the order will probably never be fulfilled, but then I'm playing the I want something for my troubles card.

• Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy

Myself and a couple of mates still have 2x 41999 on LEGO Shop at Home that are still on backorder.  I called up and they said that my order will still be honoured but, there is a delay while they recover unsold stock (as if) from stores and replenish the Netherlands warehouse apparently - I'm not holding my breath.  BTW... I got my first ones from Lego stores paying cash and NOT using my VIP card so, as far as they are concerned, this is my first and only order.

I'm still smiling about the guy that says he's got 200 of them.

A buyer with zero feedback bought a crawler off me on ebay... He paid right away but paypal retracted the money and put a " payment under review" icon next to it. Anyone else ever get payment under review from paypal? What can i expect to happen?

Yeah they do this sometimes if the buyer looks suspect in some way. They will hold it for like 2-3 days and then it should either go through or they will tell you the uyer was fraudulent and to relist.

Many might not agree with me, but I believe if someone states that they have a large amount of LEGO sets or purchases in large quantities, then they should be ready to back up the statement with some photos.  I was an expert troll on the XBOX 360 forums and I know very little of what people write on internet forums is based on reality.  While it was no big deal on a video game forum to stretch the truth, a site like this deals with money and statements need to be verified in some cases.  Exaggerating the truth can cause others to misjudge the market and make poor decisions based on inaccurate information.  There is no way to validate many statements, but in some cases, photos will help.  

• Like 1

A buyer with zero feedback bought a crawler off me on ebay... He paid right away but paypal retracted the money and put a " payment under review" icon next to it. Anyone else ever get payment under review from paypal? What can i expect to happen?

If the buyer used their checking account to pay instead of credit card then paypal will hold funds until it clears the bank.  Happened to me once.

Whatever you do, DO NOT SHIP the item.  Let Paypal sort out whatever problem they have.  IF the payment clears, feel free to continue shipping as usual.

Guest TabbyBoy

Many might not agree with me, but I believe if someone states that they have a large amount of LEGO sets or purchases in large quantities, then they should be ready to back up the statement with some photos.  I was an expert troll on the XBOX 360 forums and I know very little of what people write on internet forums is based on reality.  While it was no big deal on a video game forum to stretch the truth, a site like this deals with money and statements need to be verified in some cases.  Exaggerating the truth can cause others to misjudge the market and make poor decisions based on inaccurate information.  There is no way to validate many statements, but in some cases, photos will help.  

I do agree with you and I just can't understand what these people have to gain by lying.  I also wonder if they could be Lego employees (or friends of) trying to rock the boat enough hoping that some of us fall out?  We all know forums contain trolls, that's a fact of life these days.  I'd like to think of us all as friends on here as we share a lot of useful information but, at the end of the day, we are also competitors when it comes to selling.

I do agree with you and I just can't understand what these people have to gain by lying.  I also wonder if they could be Lego employees (or friends of) trying to rock the boat enough hoping that some of us fall out?  We all know forums contain trolls, that's a fact of life these days.  I'd like to think of us all as friends on here as we share a lot of useful information but, at the end of the day, we are also competitors when it comes to selling.

True, there is no way to know who you are actually dealing with.  I believe that most people are honest, but it only takes a few pot stirrers to rile things up.

Your point is also a valid one, I just don't think we should be influenced too on how many of X set people might have other than maybe in Limited Editions like this one. We are a very small percentage of the population, so when I see Ed's pile of Fire Temples and IS I really don't give it that much importance.

Also, as Jeff said it really depends on who's making the statement. You will see not me asking for pictures in any case anyway, but if someone who just joined the forums a week ago with 10 posts says he has 25 Crawlers then I could understand some people wanting to see proof. I just (personally) don't consider it that relevant.

I'm with you, Ed. When I hear people talking about this amazing deal or having so many sets, I automatically assume they're just talking unless I see some sort of proof. Am I going to ask for proof? No. Do they have to provide it? No. Do I have to believe it? No. Does it really matter to anyone else whether or not I believe them? Nope. I know for a fact that there are people in these forums that just make stuff up to sound cool or whatever.

Many might not agree with me, but I believe if someone states that they have a large amount of LEGO sets or purchases in large quantities, then they should be ready to back up the statement with some photos. I was an expert troll on the XBOX 360 forums and I know very little of what people write on internet forums is based on reality. While it was no big deal on a video game forum to stretch the truth, a site like this deals with money and statements need to be verified in some cases. Exaggerating the truth can cause others to misjudge the market and make poor decisions based on inaccurate information. There is no way to validate many statements, but in some cases, photos will help.

With all due respects. In other threads we already established that the number of resellers/investors who frequent this site (let alone active in forums) only made up for tiny portion of reseller population. Anyone who misjudged the market and made poor decisions solely based on very tiny sample of population should take that as learning opportunity and move on.

Your point is also a valid one, I just don't think we should be influenced too on how many of X set people might have other than maybe in Limited Editions like this one. We are a very small percentage of the population, so when I see Ed's pile of Fire Temples and IS I really don't give it that much importance.

Also, as Jeff said it really depends on who's making the statement. You will see not me asking for pictures in any case anyway, but if someone who just joined the forums a week ago with 10 posts says he has 25 Crawlers then I could understand some people wanting to see proof. I just (personally) don't consider it that relevant.

i prefer diff. Approach...stay in shadow...i have a lot of lego but never tell anybody. Who cares....

i prefer diff. Approach...stay in shadow...i have a lot of lego but never tell anybody. Who cares....

i prefer diff. Approach...stay in shadow...i have a lot of lego(50k+) but never tell anybody. Who cares....

i prefer diff. Approach...stay in shadow...i have a lot of lego(50k+) but never tell anybody. Who cares....

Dude, what the heck?! Okay, we see your point already! All eleven times of it!

:frantics: :frantics: :frantics: :frantics: :frantics: :frantics: :frantics: :frantics: :frantics: :frantics: