41999 - 4x4 Crawler Exclusive Edition

Rich B

So did any of you get one of these? Even if stolen, why would you sell them at this price? Is this a total scam?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LEGO-Technic-41999-4x4-Crawler-Exclusive-Limited-Edition-New-Sealed-NSIB-/171115870800?pt=Race_Car_Parts&hash=item27d74cfa50&vxp=mtr

My daughter said she ordered one of these so I will let you know what happens.

Got 1 more at natick store today. Liars! My aunt was there looking for series 11 and a palace cinema for herself. I mentioned the blue crawler and she said tbey had them there and one on display. Odd...since I called day before and they were sold out. I asked my wife to call..and they told her they were out. I wanted to get my son the gorilla striker so took a ride there.

They had one on the shelf. I grabbed the chima and truck and paid. Guy told me that was the last one....and there was a limit because of all "the jerks" reselling online. How cute...then he asked me to give him a review survey online...I sure will. He was in pissy mood and was going on and on about people reselling all the big sets and the company is going to fix it so they don't end up like ps2 and wii.

So bid him goodbye and left. Went and grabbed a piece of pizza....and sauntered by again...there was another on the shelf.

You should call the District Manager and let them know about the "friendliness" of the staff.  You may get some extra VIP points.

Guest eightbrick

You should call the District Manager and let them know about the "friendliness" of the staff.  You may get some extra VIP points.

Or get banned...

for an 8ish pound package shipped securely and with insurance (which they all want) of that dimensions, they are looking at probably spending 140ish to ship to China..

I am going back to HK tonight, which will carry 1x41999 back to my buyer.

You can't believe how much it worth in Hong Kong.

He told me that set is asking around USD$800 in HK last week, which is Brand new in hand.

As today, the price is around USD$600.

Grabbed 2 more from braintree mall this morning. I grabbed one.....wife grabbed one 3O mins later. They still had 4 left. I don't understand why they are lying about what is in stock. Wife called in morning..and they said they were out and didn't think more were due in. We went by anyway a couple hours later and there were 6. I think the employees are getting sick of the calls, and having to implement purchase caps/restrictions.

Wife grabbed a couple fall scenes and a pumpkin poly that is really cool! She asked about series 11, guy said monday release....even though they have had them for a couple weeks now in the stock room.

Guest ph4tb0i

They don't recognize me, but I did tell them I was using them to trade for other Lego sets and they were actually quite happy about it (I got a mint in sealed box 10173 with one of my crawlers). Now my winter village is complete until Oct 1st. :D

Guest ph4tb0i

Still trying to pick this up, if anyone finds extras and wants to help out a fellow member let me know! Looking for 1-2.

If you have Santa Fe passenger cars message me. In fact, if any of you want to trade used/new Santa Fe passenger/dining/observation cars please let me know. 

Guest eightbrick

I am going back to HK tonight, which will carry 1x41999 back to my buyer.

You can't believe how much it worth in Hong Kong.

He told me that set is asking around USD$800 in HK last week, which is Brand new in hand.

As today, the price is around USD$600.

Dang. They must be making out like bandits over at In's Point in Mong Kok.

The fact that we are all getting these so easy doesn't sit with me right. We need to all get our fellow Lego fans excited about Technic so more people will get in that "missed the boat" and bring the price up.

Got my Fall Lego catalog today and its in there. That should give it some exposure I guess.

Guest idunno101

Sherway Gardens got more today. 

Guys come on, we're not clearing them out fast enough in Canada!

Y'all that want one should come up here. Can't keep up with the pace  :wacko:

Supposedly the Lego Water Tower in Chicago is out and they will be getting more next week!!! It took them 5 days to run out this week - which seemed pretty long. This is getting confusing. Limited edition of 20,000. How many have they released so far? Is there any way to tell or estimate how many have been sold yet? I'm starting to think that they are staggering the sale of the sets over a period of time.

Guest ph4tb0i

Stats guy at Lego "guys, let's do wave 1, make people think it's super rare because it sold out fast, then flood the market to troll" >_>

The fact that we are all getting these so easy doesn't sit with me right. We need to all get our fellow Lego fans excited about Technic so more people will get in that "missed the boat" and bring the price up.

Yeah, it's been an odd release, for sure.  First TLC initially begins featuring them on LEGO Shop at Home; then they take down the product listing all-together, then finally add the listing back (but out of stock) after they decide to pull the remaining units from LEGO Shop at Home and send them to local stores.  Locally, my store wouldn't even put any on the shelves (zero exposure) and then decided just this week to OPEN and build one (as other stores have done), even though TLC is coming close to the end of the run.  I doubt it will even remain in the display case for very long.

Stats guy at Lego "guys, let's do wave 1, make people think it's super rare because it sold out fast, then flood the market to troll" >_>

Haha, if only the corporate world was half this efficient.  I bet we'd laugh if we saw how bumbling and reactive the decision making has been with this release.

The one consistent is that TLC always grossly underestimates the Cuusoo demand.