41999 - 4x4 Crawler Exclusive Edition

Rich B

I just sold all 4 of my sets in one auction for $1800. I was guessing that a number of people were trying to buy a lot of this set so I decided to list all 4 in a single auction hoping that I could unload all of them at once and also only have to ship them one time and it worked. Now I need to figure out the best way to ship them all. Any ideas? Should I try to put them all in a single big box or maybe go 2 each in a box and just ship 2 boxes? Also what shipping service is best when shipping something large like this? I have never shipped so much at once before.

That is actually the same picture that beeblet65 posted on this thread. Take a look at post #1167.   :)

I assume that the eBay seller is the same person.

Oops...  he already applied above.

Edited by c666187

I just sold all 4 of my sets in one auction for $1800. I was guessing that a number of people were trying to buy a lot of this set so I decided to list all 4 in a single auction hoping that I could unload all of them at once and also only have to ship them one time and it worked. Now I need to figure out the best way to ship them all. Any ideas? Should I try to put them all in a single big box or maybe go 2 each in a box and just ship 2 boxes? Also what shipping service is best when shipping something large like this? I have never shipped so much at once before.

Nice one!

Out of curiosity, US buyer?

Nice one!

Out of curiosity, US buyer?

It is a buyer in the UK. The shipping is through the global shipping program so I just have to ship to the global shipping location in the US which is nice. This will cost the buyer a fortune but nice and easy for me. I just don't know the most economical way to ship this much.

That's great!  Super cool to sell to another community member.  Now you know I am legit also.  :-)  Just trying to determine the best way to get it to the global shipping location.

I think that this may be the girlfriend from beeblet65's picture, not your eBay buyer.

So supposedly I got the last 41999 at Hillsdale mall yesterday but the weird thing was when I called in the am and went there right went it opened was they got the 41999 from the back warehouse, it wasn't displayed on the floor.  why would they do that?

i'm going to call again this am and see if they say they have one left again

Two boxes - so they aren't oversized. Definitely FEDEX - you will way overpay otherwise.

haha, that would be me!! 

and yes, that is my lovely girlfriend in the background who puts up with my lego's lol

You think its sad, or just a sign that I am married that I noticed the Sidney opera house in the background before your lovely girlfriend?

I need a drink...

So supposedly I got the last 41999 at Hillsdale mall yesterday but the weird thing was when I called in the am and went there right went it opened was they got the 41999 from the back warehouse, it wasn't displayed on the floor. why would they do that?

i'm going to call again this am and see if they say they have one left again

Is this in San Mateo? If so, I went there last night after work and they were sold out. Interestingly though, they had just sold out that evening, not in the morning.

Is this in San Mateo? If so, I went there last night after work and they were sold out. Interestingly though, they had just sold out that evening, not in the morning.

yes, san mateo.  i guess they weren't lying then.  i thought they were lying cause they pulled it from the back.  i was thinking they were just telling everyone only one left and just pull them individually from the back so no one could buy more than one.  i was also worried the last one would have a damaged box, but it was prestine

I went there for lunch and that's when I picked up what they said was the last 41999 from the back. I posted about it earlier but didn't name the mall.

yes, san mateo.  i guess they weren't lying then.  i thought they were lying cause they pulled it from the back.  i was thinking they were just telling everyone only one left and just pull them individually from the back so no one could buy more than one.  i was also worried the last one would have a damaged box, but it was prestine

I thought this too but the box was in perfect shape and he told me it was the last one. I too thought it was strange it was sitting in back... almost as if those that wanted one would know to ask, versus having it out there on the floor to be possibly damaged. It definitely would have sold sooner out there... just thought it was strange.

I went there for lunch and that's when I picked up what they said was the last 41999 from the back. I posted about it earlier but didn't name the mall.

I thought this too but the box was in perfect shape and he told me it was the last one. I too thought it was strange it was sitting in back... almost as if those that wanted one would know to ask, versus having it out there on the floor to be possibly damaged. It definitely would have sold sooner out there... just thought it was strange.

Yeah. I do think they were fibbing a bit. The "last one" bought last night was around 7:00pm. I assume they were actually done at that point, though, because there wasn't one for me.

They seemed to be treating these things like they were made of gold or something... maybe time will prove that they essentially are? ;)

Is there a way to see what the person paid, if using global ship?  One of my crawlers just sold--and it says to ship to KY--but person is in china.  Actually--someone on here sold him a crawler too---recognized the ebay name in persons feedback.  Looks like guy in China is buying a bunch too!  This is nuts.  I decided to save my last 4 for a little while---I might list one more---but I want one to open, and 2 to go long on.  Someone knows something about this set--people are scooping bundreds of  these up at $400+each.

ebay GSP ... just ship it to where GSP is which is in KY ... from there they will handle the rest ... that bidder in China will pay extra to use GSP through ebay but I guess it works well.

hey, put it this way ... once it gets to KY, what ever happens is not on you anymore ... all responsibility falls on ebay GSP after that.

I'd love to buy a crawler for investing, but there's no LEGO stores less than 6 hours away, and I can't hawk the website while working. :(

That's why this set is super hot, many people missed the boat :-)

btw, I think I screwed up.  I picked up a 41999 at a Lego store couple days ago.  The store employee put 3 remaining boxes behind the counter.  Each box has the front side faced up.  Out of the 3 boxes, 2 of them I spotted the front side got bended pretty badly, so I picked the 3rd box where the front side looked absolutely perfect.  I was so excited that I didn't bother to check the back side of the box.  Today when I try to store the box inside the closet, I notice the back side of the box has minor scratches everywhere, they look like scratches done by finger nails.  They aren't obvious if looking from distance, but as I get closer, they look pretty bad.  Oh well, for 41999, I think having a damaged box is better than coming back home empty handed.  I guess I shouldn't complain.  

• Like 1

Is there a way to see what the person paid, if using global ship?  One of my crawlers just sold--and it says to ship to KY--but person is in china.  Actually--someone on here sold him a crawler too---recognized the ebay name in persons feedback.  Looks like guy in China is buying a bunch too!  This is nuts.  I decided to save my last 4 for a little while---I might list one more---but I want one to open, and 2 to go long on.  Someone knows something about this set--people are scooping bundreds of  these up at $400+each.

for an 8ish pound package shipped securely and with insurance (which they all want) of that dimensions, they are looking at probably spending 140ish to ship to China..

• Like 1

That's why this set is super hot, many people missed the boat :-)

btw, I think I screwed up.  I picked up a 41999 at a Lego store couple days ago.  The store employee put 3 remaining boxes behind the counter.  Each box has the front side faced up.  Out of the 3 boxes, 2 of them I spotted the front side got bended pretty badly, so I picked the 3rd box where the front side looked absolutely perfect.  I was so excited that I didn't bother to check the back side of the box.  Today when I try to store the box inside the closet, I notice the back side of the box has minor scratches everywhere, they look like scratches done by finger nails.  They aren't obvious if looking from distance, but as I get closer, they look pretty bad.  Oh well, for 41999, I think having a damaged box is better than coming back home empty handed.  I guess I shouldn't complain.

I think you are safe. It appears even if you have a damaged box the same price is being paid at this point.