41999 - 4x4 Crawler Exclusive Edition

Rich B

I've worked on Quality Assurance teams dealing with customers and members of the public before, and the sad truth is that positive feedback is almost unheard of in comparison with negative feedback.  The best a company/product can do is attempt to mitigate the amount of negative feedback to the point where it's no longer profitable to do so.

Depends for what company... I had plenty of positive results in my local environment about LEGO ... you have to understand not only word to mouth but SALES and increased revenue is an indicator of positive feedback!

If sales increase after such bannings are enforced and remain higher then before this can be PARTLY (and only party even if 0.000001%) thanks to positive feedback possibly... but company cannot know that. 

I do agree though that mostly negative is many times noticed alot more than positive because those unhappy tend to express their unhappiness more likely.

• Like 1

Walked into my local Lego store today, DAYS after their shipment.... and on a whim, asked if they had any crawlers in the back. I was part chuckling to myself, "yeah right"... but then he said, "Yup. One left." :shocked:

I asked to see it thinking it was the runt of the bunch, but lo and behold, a perfectly pristine box! Of course I couldn't leave it so I purchased it...

Now... what to do with the one I'm supposed to return to lego that has hot dog stand scratches and small punctures in the front of the box... return it or sell it and let Lego charge me for keeping it?

Walked into my local Lego store today, DAYS after their shipment.... and on a whim, asked if they had any crawlers in the back. I was part chuckling to myself, "yeah right"... but then he said, "Yup. One left." :shocked:

I asked to see it thinking it was the runt of the bunch, but lo and behold, a perfectly pristine box! Of course I couldn't leave it so I purchased it...

Now... what to do with the one I'm supposed to return to lego that has hot dog stand scratches and small punctures in the front of the box... return it or sell it and let Lego charge me for keeping it?

dude, sell that damaged box online and make your money back and then some ... simple and easy decision to me!!

Sell it right now, it's still going for a lot even with dents

I got $400 for one, even with dents, creases and punctures.  The guy was ecstatic when he received it and left great feedback.

Let's see.... selling for $400 or get your $200 back.....

No brainer on this one.

Hey everyone, anyone been noticing that the crawler prices seem to be slumping with several set being sold in the 379.00 range with buy it now. I have 10 of these and I am wondering if holding on to them right now is the smart move. I have been burned in the past with holding on to things thinking the price would go up only to see the opposite happen( not lego). I am concerned the Technic part of this line won't hold up like most of the other technic sets in value. Technic sets usually aren't the money maker. Is there anyone else out there concerned with this?!?

Also I was thinking about sending one of the crawlers to AFA to get graded. If it returned as a 9.0 do you guys think it could rake in some high bids. Does anyone know the cost of getting a large lego box graded cost? Here's to hoping that these crawlers skyrocket in price.

Hey everyone, anyone been noticing that the crawler prices seem to be slumping with several set being sold in the 379.00 range with buy it now. I have 10 of these and I am wondering if holding on to them right now is the smart move. I have been burned in the past with holding on to things thinking the price would go up only to see the opposite happen( not lego). I am concerned the Technic part of this line won't hold up like most of the other technic sets in value. Technic sets usually aren't the money maker. Is there anyone else out there concerned with this?!?

Also I was thinking about sending one of the crawlers to AFA to get graded. If it returned as a 9.0 do you guys think it could rake in some high bids. Does anyone know the cost of getting a large lego box graded cost? Here's to hoping that these crawlers skyrocket in price.

Man that was a quick merge!

I wouldn't worry about the dip in prices. And technic can definitely be big winners, check out quacs great evaluation showing their potential.

http://community.brickpicker.com/blog/4/entry-284-lego-technic-investments-on-the-fast-track-or-in-the-shop-part-1/

Technic sets aren't a big winner? It is generally the opposite.

The market is being flooded as another wave hit the lego stores and people drop their prices for a quick sell.

If you want instant cash, then sell. But it will rise again soon once this wave has dried up.

Just received two 41999 from Lego today.  Each set has only 3 sticker seals.  Is that normal?  It seems as if 1 sticker seal is missing.  However, the area where the 4th sticker seal is does not show any sign of have had a seal before.

Do your 41999s have 3 or 4 seals?  Thanks in advance for the info.

Both of mine have 4 seals.

• Like 1

Just received two 41999 from Lego today.  Each set has only 3 sticker seals.  Is that normal?  It seems as if 1 sticker seal is missing.  However, the area where the 4th sticker seal is does not show any sign of have had a seal before.

some of mine are like that tooo ... i wouldnt worry about it ...

Looks like LEGO got into the boxes and took out the #'d license plate so they could make more than 20000  :angel:

i had a seal that was on the inside flap so i fixed it just so i would not have a complaint if i sell it. i think that this newer look and texture that the box has hides the tape marks very well and makes the tape come off easily!

Yeah I was going to say - It looks like the tape would actually come off without screwing up the paint on the box - which is awesome. Except not for keeping it pristine.

There is another guy on Ebay that always models all his sets with his girlfriend in them. It always has a disclaimer that says the girl does not come with the sets.