41999 - 4x4 Crawler Exclusive Edition

Rich B

Amazon overseas. You can get the variants early and often there.

Edit.....cant speak for poster...but that is how I procured all my "rare" variants early...and flipped tons on ebay. .de was very good to me last year with the scarlets and polars.

We did some overseas, a lot of was going around to Gamestops and getting them discounted with the sidekick promotions. Those sidekicks can be worth good money..

I guess I just don't understand the necessity of proof in this situation. We know that if there's one set people are working their butts off to get more, it's this one. We already know of at least one guy who has 83 and counting. We know that most of us use trust sparingly in forums, anyway. And we know that even if Kerrmando is a big fat liar with stinky doo doo in his underwear, it won't make a lick of difference to Exobro's quality of life. It was an unnecesary altercation spurred by common human traits that are better left elsewhere during civilized conversation. The only good thing that came of it was a nice picture of 12 Crawlers lined up all purty.

I apologize for my part in it, am not one to normally start or finish flame wars online.

I don't like taking the time to post pics, and I don't like my veracity to be called into question by people who have been playing at this game for a lot less time than me and my partner. I like making money, I like having lots of this set, I will post pics if needed anytime however I think it's a little stupid to ask them of me.. I have literally thousands of sets, if people would like to take the time to do a little research on our facebook page or the galleries or our store or whatever than you can see that quite easily. 

I plan to buy more Crawlers, and let's get this topic back on that path. My greediness can now be a free for all and not just my truthfulness =) 

I've never posted any pics. Nobody's ever called me out, and I've never called out anyone else. I don't care. I thought you just wanted to see 20+ crawlers lined up all purty, but apparently you were calling him a liar and daring him to prove otherwise. Not cool. And as for the Gryffindor thing... Not to get too personal, but I think you may be overdue for a standard Sense of Humor injection. I'm pretty sure Kerr was just ragging on you for giving him sh*t.

Peace, fellas. Put your balls back on the leash.

I have to say this is the 3rd or 4th reference D has made to balls and everytime I seriously laugh out loud uncontrollably.
  • Like 1

I guess I just don't understand the necessity of proof in this situation. We know that if there's one set people are working their butts off to get more, it's this one. We already know of at least one guy who has 83 and counting. We know that most of us use trust sparingly in forums, anyway. And we know that even if Kerrmando is a big fat liar with stinky doo doo in his underwear, it won't make a lick of difference to Exobro's quality of life. It was an unnecesary altercation spurred by common human traits that are better left elsewhere during civilized conversation. The only good thing that came of it was a nice picture of 12 Crawlers lined up all purty.

Proof is what everybody needs to pay attention to in life. Without proof, BS is spread like a disease. As far as I'm concerned, proof is a necessity, especially in this situation. 20+ of this super limited edition $200 set is not a common thing. I can't just walk into the store a demand to be jaded 20 41999s. Plus 20*200 is $4000 at least. Even if kerrm has the money, idgaf, I'm still going to want to see proof when stuff like this gets to that price range. Also, I simply asked to see pics of his crawlers. He could of simply provided it without any backhanded "humor". There is a high chance for BS on a site like this. If anything, by providing proof we weed out that kind of stuff. So I could give two sh*ts if he was the king of England, I'd want to see some proof.

I'm confused in the direction this is going.. Getting too personal for business.  In any case, I'm just glad to be able to buy 3 at retail today.  Its damn hard when you live in freaking Kansas with no lego stores around (closest one was 3 hrs away... and it was OOS...)..  I had to get my cali friends to buy them, and they all have busy lives lol... If I had a lego store nearby that had these, I would re-enter every 20 minutes with a different costume and pick up every single one with ca$**** money

• Like 1

I apologize for my part in it, am not one to normally start or finish flame wars online.

I don't like taking the time to post pics, and I don't like my veracity to be called into question by people who have been playing at this game for a lot less time than me and my partner. I like making money, I like having lots of this set, I will post pics if needed anytime however I think it's a little stupid to ask them of me.. I have literally thousands of sets, if people would like to take the time to do a little research on our facebook page or the galleries or our store or whatever than you can see that quite easily. 

I plan to buy more Crawlers, and let's get this topic back on that path. My greediness can now be a free for all and not just my truthfulness =) 

Time in the game does not make a difference. We all know veterans start to suck when the rookies start coming in gung-ho...

Proof is what everybody needs to pay attention to in life. Without proof, BS is spread like a disease. As far as I'm concerned, proof is a necessity, especially in this situation. 20+ of this super limited edition $200 set is not a common thing. I can't just walk into the store a demand to be jaded 20 41999s. Plus 20*200 is $4000 at least. Even if kerrm has the money, idgaf, I'm still going to want to see proof when stuff like this gets to that price range. Also, I simply asked to see pics of his crawlers. He could of simply provided it without any backhanded "humor". There is a high chance for BS on a site like this. If anything, by providing proof we weed out that kind of stuff. So I could give two sh*ts if he was the king of England, I'd want to see some proof.

As far as I'm concerned your just pissed your favorite girl set wasn't actually a girl set... I'm done with discussing this though. I've proved my side and wasted everyone's time. If you still need to harp on it go ahead, I'm just going to buy more of this set and make more money, 4k is nothing in this sport when you really get into it.. especially when that 4 is already 8. Hope you get there in four months...

• Like 1

As far as I'm concerned your just pissed your favorite girl set wasn't actually a girl set... I'm done with discussing this though. I've proved my side and wasted everyone's time. If you still need to harp on it go ahead, I'm just going to buy more of this set and make more money, 4k is nothing in this sport when you really get into it.. especially when that 4 is already 8. Hope you get there in four months...

I am seriously laughing out loud right now. P*ss off and grow up. You posted the pic, then you should have moved on. 

I posted this in the "buy today" thread, but it's better use here:

I got a 41999 today at Woodlands Mall. I thought it was the last one in Houston. Another member thought HE had bought the last one last night, so actually I figure they still have some on hold. Ah, well. If you picked one up there after 2 pm 8/27/13, speak up. It would be cool if we could track the last one sold. That goes for any city, for that matter.

Ok guys, Kermando and ExoBro specifically, and anyone else who wants to chime in.  Lets just end the little tiff here, it's been entertaining but we don't want it going any further.  

Please keep posts in this thread back on topic please.

Wait! one more....

What's that smell?

Is it balls?!?!?

BOOM!

Alright I'm done...

Sooo, what do you all think about the Crawler? Good set to get?

Ok guys, Kermando and ExoBro specifically, and anyone else who wants to chime in. Lets just end the little tiff here, it's been entertaining but we don't want it going any further.

Please keep posts in this thread back on topic please.

Brickering gets us nowhere. Anyone who has some crawlers be happy you have any..I know some haven't had the opportunity to purchase any at retail.

Thank you for intervening, bickering gets us nowhere. Anyone who has some crawlers be happy you have any..I know some haven't had the opportunity to purchase any at retail.

Soooo, you should claim this, but I totally read this as " Brickering gets us nowhere".

So we will just say, Maverick2K1 deems all further arguing on the forums "Brickering".

Soooo, you should claim this, but I totally read this as " Brickering gets us nowhere".

So we will just say, Maverick2K1 deems all further arguing on the forums "Brickering".

HA! I read it the same way. Had to re-read it closely to see that it was actually bickering and not brickering. This is possibly the greatest word amalgamation since "congraduation", which my good friend Keith came up with as the new standard quote for graduation cards.

-PB

I think it is time for some BrickPicker members to realize that while we are indeed a LEGO investing site, we would like to promote LEGO investing within the rules set forth by LEGO. While we will not restrict discussions at the moment, buying mass quantities of limited sets is a strategy that is getting people banned. It is obvious that LEGO does not approve and they are taking steps to deal with large resellers.

Personally, I sit on the fence on this issue. I can see why LEGO has issues with mass purchases of current sets and I do want to respect their wishes. I have changed my purchasing methods and now diversify even more than before. On the other hand, I am all about the free market system and don't want to restrict resellers. But moving forward, we are all going to have to readjust our investment game plans to work with the rules set forth by LEGO or fear losing the ability to acquire exclusive and limited LEGO sets.

If you choose to continue to buy "en masse," then realize there could be repercussions. Also realize that there will be other members who play by a different set of rules and don't agree with your tactics. Good luck and please be respectful of one another. We can agree to disagree.

• Like 6

I agree - on the fence as well. Not following the buying limits doesn't sit right with me, but I also think there is a difference in picking up 3 and 26. Its a tough thing. I wouldn't do it, but I don't think you should be condemned for it.

But I don't blame Lego for doing it. And if I get banned for some reason, I would understand although I feel like I am pretty low on the ban pole.